[GFK DATA]

1. NSW : 987.000
  2. PS5 : 370.000
  3. X/S : 230.000
  1. PS5 : ???
  2. NSW : 855.000
  3. X/S : ???
Original :
Rajoutons que le groupe nippon décroche aussi la troisième place avec son jeu Mario Kart 8 Deluxe : c'est le carton plein pour Nintendo ! Un succès que le groupe doit à sa console Switch, qui, si elle n'est plus la console la plus vendue en France l'an dernier, supplantée par la gamme PS5 de Sony, reste sur des niveaux de vente très élevés grâce à ses différentes versions avec 855 000 unités vendues dans l'Hexagone. "A fin janvier 2024, nous disposerons d'une base installée de 8 millions de nos consoles Nintendo Switch en France. Près de 28% des foyers français possèdent aujourd'hui une Switch", expose Philippe Lavoué, directeur général de Nintendo France.

Translated :
What's more, the Japanese group also took third place with its Mario Kart 8 Deluxe game: it's an absolute smash hit for Nintendo! A success that the group owes to its Switch console, which, while no longer the best-selling console in France last year, supplanted by Sony's PS5 range, remains on very high sales levels thanks to its various versions, with 855,000 units sold in France. "By the end of January 2024, we will have an installed base of 8 million of our Nintendo Switch consoles in France. Almost 28% of French households now own a Switch," explains Philippe Lavoué, General Manager of Nintendo France.

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
GEa8i32XgAArwy9

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Not a surprising news ps have been winning in europe for ages now

What i want is for playstation to open and built up more game studios in france

Surely france isnt just about ubisoft, lots of talented people that deserve the opportunity

Reactions: Bryank75

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Which was expected, it better be over 1.3 million at least or else an underperformance in my eyes.

Over 8 in total for the switch very impressive.

@Evilms do you know by any chance what's the top selling system ever in France?

• fire

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Seems to me that it is more supply constrained than any issue on the demand side.

Why are Sony afraid to ship more? Or do I have something wrong?
Can the components to be produced at enough rate to Sony supply more?

TSMC is still producing at their limit.
And even if Sony managed to get more slot to production in 2023 it is still limited I guess.

TSMC already delayed the fab in US that was suppose to focus on Apple and free up some Asia fabs to others consumers.

What is the real situation today? I don’t know.

• they're_right_you_know
OP
OP
Evilms

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
Seems to me that it is more supply constrained than any issue on the demand side.

No idea, but the figures for 2022 in France were low, as in the rest of Europe, because Sony favors the U.S.

Otherwise Spider Man 2 is close to 300k (physical).
IMG-4957.jpg

for comparison Spider Man PS4 sold 345k in 2018.

8V0Zuyt.jpg

and FF16 it's between 100~150k.
IMG-4956.jpg

Last edited:
  • brain

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

That list only includes the first couple of years of PS5, there's like a decade of sales to be add later. Also, during these first couple of years the PS5 was supply constrained due to chips shortages.

When there aren't supply issues the shipment often depends of the amount of units that retailers ask for. And retailers often ask for more or less consoles depending on the demand they detected by the speed previous shipments were sold.