The Resident Evil 2 Remake Has Become The Best-Selling Game In The Series

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
but RE4 still is the reason why the franchise got fucked up. Hence, I still hate it despite its quality.
Totally agree. Hence why I loved RE8, felt like it went back to some classic RE apart from the first person view. Puzzles, mansion, horror, lots of metroidvania

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I enjoyed RE2 Remake alot, espcially the firsy hour, but I was quite dissapointed with some of it.

I felt the efforts outside of the police station to recreate the sewers and lab didnt get as much heart and attention. Some great time and bits from the police station missing too.

And the game really could of done without A stalker MR X on scenrio A. It really ruined the atmosphere for me.

Amazing game though and comeback for Capcom though. Just my minor issues with the game

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
RE8 was great lol. Best new RE in a very long time for me
I thought it takes the series in the wrong direction. It's RE4 all over again. Dumb puzzles and focus on action much more than the previous entry.I liked both of these games, RE4 more so but both sent the series down a path of pure action. Hell, I liked RE5 enough to Platinum it. Great games but poor RE games.

As for RE2 remake, I like the original better still. RE2 remake is a perfect example of how you don't need tank controls and fixed camera angles to make a great RE game. They nailed the atmosphere. But they also removed a lot of stuff and completely botched the A/B scenarios, my biggest issue with the game.

RE3 is also fun to play but they just butchered the original with that.

All this to say I have no idea why Capcom keeps insisting on games like RE8. The new one is apparently the same, only focusing on ghosts and Native American legends. They have a perfect template with the RE2 remake and they still want to go the FPS route.

To me RE1 remake is the pinnacle of the series.

P.S.

Their online RE games face the same issues. They keep churning out these random multiplayer RE games but Outbreak is right there. remake that with the RE2 as the template, with all the current tech they didn;t have back then, like proper voice chat, and you have a banger. But no, here's Resistance and whatever that REverse is.

• Shake
Reactions: Kokoloko
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I thought it takes the series in the wrong direction. It's RE4 all over again. Dumb puzzles and focus on action much more than the previous entry.I liked both of these games, RE4 more so but both sent the series down a path of pure action. Hell, I liked RE5 enough to Platinum it. Great games but poor RE games.

As for RE2 remake, I like the original better still. RE2 remake is a perfect example of how you don't need tank controls and fixed camera angles to make a great RE game. They nailed the atmosphere. But they also removed a lot of stuff and completely botched the A/B scenarios, my biggest issue with the game.

All this to say I have no idea why Capcom keeps insisting on games like RE8. The new one is apparently the same, only focusing on ghosts and Native American legends. They have a perfect template with the RE2 remake and they still want to go the FPS route.

P.S.

Their online RE games face the same issues. They keep churning out these random multiplayer RE games but Outbreak is right there. remake that with the RE2 as the template, with all the current tech they didn;t have back then, like proper voice chat, and you have a banger. But no, here's Resistance and whatever that REverse is.
I loved Re8/7 probably more so since I did both in VR. I think there is a place for both types of games. It's kind of me liking the new GOW but also missing the old, more action orientated template of GOW3.and the others.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I loved Re8/7 probably more so since I did both in VR. I think there is a place for both types of games. It's kind of me liking the new GOW but also missing the old, more action orientated template of GOW3.and the others.
Never played RE7 in VR but I am playing through RE8 now. I'm about 2 hours in and it creeps me out because it's not a simple VR patch where you just see through the 1st person on your VR headset. Having several enemies after you and you trying to put that mag into the handgun? Creepy experience.

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
RE8 was great lol. Best new RE in a very long time for me

Jake Gyllenhaal No GIF

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Never played RE7 in VR but I am playing through RE8 now. I'm about 2 hours in and it creeps me out because it's not a simple VR patch where you just see through the 1st person on your VR headset. Having several enemies after you and you trying to put that mag into the handgun? Creepy experience.
Loved it!

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022

I'm of the same mind. I just play the games and enjoy them. As well, whenever the series starts to veer off-course for too many fans, Capcom has shown that they will course-correct.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

P.S.

I thought it was closer to the classic RE feeling than RE4, 5, 6 7 in my opinion. I enjoyed them all for there own reasons ( even RE5/6 for coop game, awful as a RE game though ) but I didnt feel any of them had Classic RE feels. Actually RE7 gave me more classic RE feelings than RE4,5,6.

RE8 while not the perfect direction, apart from the 1st person view it was a better direction than 4,5,6,7 etc. Had more survival horror, metroidvania gameplay and puzzles. Apart from Chris’s bit and the last hour its less action game than RE4,5,6.

I also prefer classic RE2 and I agree RE1 Remake was the pinnacle of the series. Closely by RE2 Classic. I wish they nail a RE1/ RE Zero remake. Skip no corners, fix the small issues and double down on that RE1 remake atomoshpere and horror.
And then take RE9-10, Code Veronica that direction too

Reactions: Muddasar

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Better than 5, 6, 7 easily…

5 and 6 definitely. Both were rubbish.

7 is debatable.

For me RE7 was more survival horror let down by a lack of enemy variety and small environment.

RE Village felt like they were going the RE4 direction again.

Overall still prefer RE7.

Though RE2 Remake is the best RE game of late.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
5 and 6 definitely. Both were rubbish.

7 is debatable.

For me RE7 was more survival horror let down by a lack of enemy variety and small environment.

RE Village felt like they were going the RE4 direction again.

Overall still prefer RE7.

Though RE2 Remake is the best RE game of late.

I enjoyed RE7 but yeah, the enemy variety hurt it a bit. I also think RE8 outside of the last hour wasn’t too actiony. I felt it was RE7 but more. More metroidvania, more enemies, more horror, puzzles and just did more for me. But I can understand if someone prefers RE7 more.

RE2 could of been better for me, I loved most of it. But the correct direction ( hope they drop the stalker characters though lol )

• they're_right_you_know

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I enjoyed RE7 but yeah, the enemy variety hurt it a bit. I also think RE8 outside of the last hour wasn’t too actiony. I felt it was RE7 but more. More metroidvania, more enemies, more horror, puzzles and just did more for me. But I can understand if someone prefers RE7 more.

RE2 could of been better for me, I loved most of it. But the correct direction ( hope they drop the stalker characters though lol )

Yep agree about RE2 and Mr X.

He was present in all scenarios which was silly which wasn’t the case even in the OG.

They could have at the least improved the scenarios in the remake.

In fact it was worse than the original.

God knows what was canon and non canon.

• they're_right_you_know

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
@Muddasar

Apparently, it was a last minute add-on. Really shows. RE3 doesn't even have Nemesis choices.

Wow didn’t know that about RE2 remake.

RE3 remake as a whole was a disaster.

Barely any puzzles, locations missing and the whole game literally felt like DLC for RE2.

So much potential wasted considering the game was set on the streets of Racoon city.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Johnic

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Totally agree. Hence why I loved RE8, felt like it went back to some classic RE apart from the first person view. Puzzles, mansion, horror, lots of metroidvania
Many things went wrong in RE8. The pacing is horrible, the last chapters with Chris were horrible, the boss fights were disappointing, the story is boring, the environment and atmosphere are inferior to other RE games. Still 100000000 times better than RE5 and RE6, and hope Capcom doesn't continue on this direction.

Reactions: Johnic and Muddasar

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
So much potential wasted considering the game was set on the streets of Racoon city.
The biggest gripe. Outside of the chronicles games and Operation Raccoon Ciry, we haven't really gotten a proper rendition of Raccoon on modern consoles. I was really looking forward to visiting some iconic locations. But no, we got what we got.

• sad

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The biggest gripe. Outside of the chronicles games and Operation Raccoon Ciry, we haven't really gotten a proper rendition of Raccoon on modern consoles. I was really looking forward to visiting some iconic locations. But no, we got what we got.
I think RE3 needs another remake 😂