The sharks smell blood and xbox and gamepass its on the menú again

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Its me or is gamepass not feeling like a very good deal lately

Xbox Game Pass, The Netflix Of Gaming, Is Struggling To Find Its Big Hits - GameSpot

I Have Some Concerns About Xbox And Game Pass

The funny thing its how these arguments were valid without the redfall debacle, but the gaming press its full of weasels who only act when they feel safe or attack in wolfpacks

Also none of these articles are on resetera, maybe the dudes who coordinate bad news about PlayStation on xboxera discords need a change of lanes

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
It's all true but there is something almost performative about this too....

I fear that they are feigning weakness to get regulators to think they are on the way out of console / platforms so they can push the deal through and then they will be back to the regular propaganda.

I just don't trust them for a second.

Microsoft is most of the medias pa-master and best friend. Can't ever forget that.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
About damn time.

Looks like that MS reduction of PR budget is starting to show.

Isn't it sunny how none of these media outlets Praised Plus for what it did? Not only is it cheaper (on a yearly basis) but it has more games.
PS+ also has better games. Do a top 20 or top 10 of each service and it becomes obvious.

Quality matters a lot more than quantity or being day 1.

It's all true but there is something almost performative about this too....

I fear that they are feigning weakness to get regulators to think they are on the way out of console / platforms so they can push the deal through and then they will be back to the regular propaganda.

I just don't trust them for a second.

Microsoft is most of the medias pa-master and best friend. Can't ever forget that.
It's definitely not this. The CMA is only focused on cloud and so is the EU. If anything this makes their pivot to cloud even more obvious since their console business is collapsing.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
PS+ also has better games. Do a top 20 or top 10 of each service and it becomes obvious.

You know when GP released and the major draw was 1st party AAA games on day one? How is it possible that Sony has better quality first party AAA games on their service?

EDIT: And having plus as a secondary service, not primary goal, no less.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

It's definitely not this. The CMA is only focused on cloud and so is the EU. If anything this makes their pivot to cloud even more obvious since their console business is collapsing.

Perhaps my cynicism is getting the better of me.... sometimes I can't help it when talking about this stuff.

• Shake
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
You know when GP released and the major draw was 1st party AAA games on day one? How is it possible that Sony has better quality first party AAA games on their service?

EDIT: And having plus as a secondary service, not primary goal, no less.
It's possibly because for the first 3 years of the generation Sony released much better games.

Horizon Forbidden West is newer than Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5 and since then all that MS has released was Redfall.

The deal closes and suddenly we get a bunch of anti gamepass articles, something fishy is going on
It's over, that's what is happening. Starfield will either do very little or be a bigger disappointment than Redfall after that they won't have anything big for years.

Now there are no $1 tricks for Gamepass so people are being forced to face the reality of the service.

Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
About damn time.

Looks like that MS reduction of PR budget is starting to show.

Isn't it funny how none of these media outlets praised Plus for what it did? Not only is it cheaper (on a yearly basis) but it has more games.
I recall when ps+ was revamped there was a lot of good reactions to it. But they went back to "gamepass is the best deal in gaming" as soon as that was over.

Lately the narrative was about discovery of little known indie titles (which is a big fall from AAA day and date).

They don't compare it to anything, it's just some "random" love display for how gamepass is great in most videos. They just love it so much, they can't stop talking about it.

• brain

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I recall when ps+ was revamped there was a lot of good reactions to it. But they went back to "gamepass is the best deal in gaming" as soon as that was over.

Lately the narrative was about discovery of little known indie titles (which is a big fall from AAA day and date).

They don't compare it to anything, it's just some "random" love display for how gamepass is great in most videos. They just love it so much, they can't stop talking about it.
Premium being pretty bad takes a lot of the shine away from Extra. The game press never used Gamepass since they don't pay for their games, it was all marketing all along so they don't even touch PS+ Extra to know it is pretty much the same thing (IMO better).

Another thing that PS+ has against itself is that on PS people actually buy games, so when they are included on PS+ it's not seen as such a steal. Gosthwire and Deathloop were added to PS+ with very little fanfare but on Xbox there were months of anticipation to those games being included.

Last edited:

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Gamepass is a good deal at first. But then you hit the games in your backlog that you are interested in and it's down to new games constantly being added

It's been absolute trash in new content for 18 months

Gamepass has been relying on backlog for 5 years now

$600 for subscribers since the beginning with little being added

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Gamepass is a good deal at first. But then you hit the games in your backlog that you are interested in and it's down to new games constantly being added

Precisely this. I binge played GP back in 2018. Got my first Xbox with the One S and had a crapload of catching up to do. Gears, Halo Forza, older titles I never got to play. Each time I re-subbed, I spent less time on it. I have GPU until the end of the year and Starfield is the only thing I'm interested in. Most of the other time is spent playing games from 2 gens ago, like Fable.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
G

$600 for subscribers since the beginning with little being added
Gamepass, like ps+, is a good deal to ecosystem newcomers and that’s it. The vast majority of gamers aren’t ecosystem newcomers and they either already have s huge backlog or buy two to three games a year to the point gamepass is a worse deal to these people.
Microsoft were wrong once again.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Timdog is an alcoholic right? What’s with the Mr. Plinkett-style slurring of the voice? It’s pretty bad. Seems obvious to me…. Or stroke… since he’s a lardass.

Also, he’s totally having a meltdown this morning on Twitter.

I’m forever calling him SlurDog moving forward.

• haha
D

Deleted member 417

To echo what others have said, this feels like timed articles. I'm hoping this is the push that MS need to readjust their gaming direction to a more traditional, less disruptive one.

However, it does feel like these articles, created by the same paid-for MS shills, are aiming the recent bad news at regulators, as a ploy to help with whatever is going on in the background.

• brain

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Timdog is an alcoholic right? What’s with the Mr. Plinkett-style slurring of the voice? It’s pretty bad. Seems obvious to me…. Or stroke… since he’s a lardass.

Also, he’s totally having a meltdown this morning on Twitter.

I’m forever calling him SlurDog moving forward.

He’s totally losing it