21 Jun 2022
It was funny while it lasted! :p
Tell me more about this Verga and how do you subscribe

oprah winfrey GIF

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
???

Are you saying there isn't enough server capacity?

tbh I think the idea of unlocked devices running a specialized OS would be the best way to game. there's no reason for multiple hardware platforms anymore. sony could release the PS5 os on a thumbdrive and my PC is just a playstation.

Yes and no. I think the underlying issue is how much games cost to make. Their spending way too much money making the current games. Something like say fortnite is really profitable but I'm pretty sure that's not good overall for the stability of the gaming market. All those kids playing fortnite are just playing fortnite and nothing else. I think games like that are causing a issue where influx of new consumers are just consuming one product and not many other things. Its also unsustainable without mtx. Eventually it'll create this bubble where the games are making more than ever but the return may not be what is reported and keeping the service up may take up way too much money.

I do think that games running in a special os like that would be the way to go for the future.
They already do... Playstation has its own based on freebsd , Nintendo has its own based on freebsd & android & Microsofts is a custom build of windows

Yeah but its not a open platform. I'm thinking of something along the lines of the steamdeck.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Yes and no. I think the underlying issue is how much games cost to make. Their spending way too much money making the current games. Something like say fortnite is really profitable but I'm pretty sure that's not good overall for the stability of the gaming market. All those kids playing fortnite are just playing fortnite and nothing else. I think games like that are causing a issue where influx of new consumers are just consuming one product and not many other things. Its also unsustainable without mtx. Eventually it'll create this bubble where the games are making more than ever but the return may not be what is reported and keeping the service up may take up way too much money.

I do think that games running in a special os like that would be the way to go for the future.

Yeah but its not a open platform. I'm thinking of something along the lines of the steamdeck.
I mean you can install windows on a steamdeck sure but the only reason to do that is emulation 😂

• brain
Reactions: Snes nes