The Verge understands Hellblade II is another game MSFT has been considering for the PS5. "It’s not clear if even that would be considered a success.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Xbox now has a strong lineup of games planned for 2024, with Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II set to debut in a matter of weeks on May 21st. I understand Hellblade II is another game that Microsoft has been considering for the PS5. If that ever happens, at this point, it’s not clear if even that would be considered a success

Also still debating on putting Call of Duty on Gamepass.

Microsoft has been debating putting Call of Duty on Game Pass
Microsoft has also had internal debates about whether to put new releases of Call of Duty into Game Pass. I understand this is a debate that has been ongoing internally for quite some time, with concerns from some that the revenue that Call of Duty typically generates for Activision Blizzard will be undermined by Game Pass.

Reactions: Puff

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
>spend a tenth of a trillion dollars buying up game developers
>start shutting them all down because now you have too many
>nobody is buying your games because you practically give them away on subscription services
>nobody is buying your hardware either because you started porting all your games to your closest rival and PC
what's the next step of Phil's master plan?

Reactions: Box and Puff

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Screenshot-20240510-062630-Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Box

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
>spend a tenth of a trillion dollars buying up game developers
>start shutting them all down because now you have too many
>nobody is buying your games because you practically give them away on subscription services
>nobody is buying your hardware either because you started porting all your games to your closest rival and PC
what's the next step of Phil's master plan?
I do not think that Phill is in charge of Xbox anymore. MS could no longer ignore their failure, the ABK acquisition killed Xbox, Starfield and that stupid vampire game flopped and Satya Nadella could no longer ignore the failures of Xbox so came in and changed course for Xbox completely ( decreasing operating costs, porting everything to PS etc).

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I don’t see much choice. The ROI on gamepass release will be non existent. Should be ps day one with big marketing

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nomen_Nescio

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
I don’t see much choice. The ROI on gamepass release will be non existent. Should be ps day one with big marketing
Yeah GP is a big nail in the coffin for Xbox games (go figure), I think it's only a matter of time before everything is day 1 for everyone.

Reactions: Shmunter

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I do not think that Phill is in charge of Xbox anymore. MS could no longer ignore their failure, the ABK acquisition killed Xbox, Starfield and that stupid vampire game flopped and Satya Nadella could no longer ignore the failures of Xbox so came in and changed course for Xbox completely ( decreasing operating costs, porting everything to PS etc).

He was promoted to Microsoft Gaming, so yeah his still in charge