The Verge: Xbox Showcase scheduled for June 6. Indiana Jones and Call of Duty 2024 scheduled to be shown

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Microsoft is in the middle of planning for its big summer Xbox showcase. I understand this is set to take place on Sunday, June 9th, and Microsoft is currently planning to announce a new Gears of War game at the show. A Gears announcement won’t be the only new Xbox game at the show, which will also include release dates for upcoming Xbox games like Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024, Avowed, Indiana Jones and the Great Circle, and of course, a new Call of Duty that’s set to debut later this year.

"Sources familiar with Microsoft’s plans tell me that the company continues to evaluate other Xbox-exclusive games coming to PS5."

Call of Duty 2024 also reportedly being revealed at this show

Reactions: KvallyX

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
I want all those games except Microsoft Flight Simulator. I bought the first one and played like 10 minutes.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I want all those games except Microsoft Flight Simulator. I bought the first one and played like 10 minutes.

I think it's a bit sad that you did not give it a chance. I remember VFX_vet saying it was one of the most beautiful games ever made; well, that was before Hellblade, 1+2 etc. etc.

Lucky for you, our very own Mod, Mr @Gamernyc78 who is basically an Xbox ambassador of that flight sim series games, i mean just check out his score below, i think you will agree it's pretty insane.

I believe there is a co-op mode in the game now; maybe you can hit him up, and you could do some missions together, like checking out the pyramids or taking a romantic trip over Paris.

And, If you don't mind playing shotgun, he might let you handle his throttle.

Saying that, look at the size of those arms, it might be hard to get them off the joystick.

big-man.png

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
I think it's a bit sad that you did not give it a chance. I remember VFX_vet saying it was one of the most beautiful games ever made; well, that was before Hellblade, 1+2 etc. etc.

Lucky for you, our very own Mod, Mr @Gamernyc78 who is basically an Xbox ambassador of that flight sim series games, i mean just check out his score below, i think you will agree it's pretty insane.

I believe there is a co-op mode in the game now; maybe you can hit him up, and you could do some missions together, like checking out the pyramids or taking a romantic trip over Paris.

And, If you don't mind playing shotgun, he might let you handle his throttle.

Saying that, look at the size of those arms, it might be hard to get them off the joystick.

big-man.png

Well, I bought the game with the intent of learning flying controls for fun. Then when I started it up, I was overwhelmed. Then I switch it to noob/auto mode, with the intent of seeing my home as well as taking some pictures in the skies. Well, I took pictures in the skies, never made it to my house before I just turned it off and played other games.

Then maybe 4 months ago, I redownloaded it with intentions of giving it a whirl again. Well, then I was buying more games, my HDD's were full, and that game got deleted again. I want to experience it, that is for sure. I would love to co-op with Gamernyc78 in the game. I am still trying to hook up with him on Helldivers 2 as well. He is the man of all trades, with pipes the size of my waist :p

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Well, I bought the game with the intent of learning flying controls for fun. Then when I started it up, I was overwhelmed. Then I switch it to noob/auto mode, with the intent of seeing my home as well as taking some pictures in the skies. Well, I took pictures in the skies, never made it to my house before I just turned it off and played other games.

Then maybe 4 months ago, I redownloaded it with intentions of giving it a whirl again. Well, then I was buying more games, my HDD's were full, and that game got deleted again. I want to experience it, that is for sure. I would love to co-op with Gamernyc78 in the game. I am still trying to hook up with him on Helldivers 2 as well. He is the man of all trades, with pipes the size of my waist :p
When it comes to flight sim, he is like a 5 dollar hooker looking to score; nothing will hold him back.

I will say, though, it must be kinda cool to see your property from the sky. Mind you, I guess Google Maps could sort of do that too.

And in the case of flying over you're house, are you sure your neighbour does not have a hot wife? Just checking.

Wonder Woman Power GIF by Molke

• haha
Reactions: KvallyX

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I love how misguided the Indiana Jones game is, first person, following a massive flop on cinemas, made by a DEI obsessed studio and envisioned by Tod Howard. It's the perfect storm for a bigger flop than Redfall.

Flight Simulator is the only game of theirs that I would consider buying on PlayStation, specially if they had the decency to use that engine to make a WW2 combat fighter game, fucking idiots.

Reactions: Sunrise Ninja

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
This sudden burst of Xbox News feels like a last gasp of dying brand clinging to relavrnce

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Can't lie, im always hyped for the gaming showcases in June. Hell, I even watch Nintendo when they have one and I don't even care about Nintendo. lol. Back to Xbox, I just want to see the games and hope those im interested in are great for me. That's all I care about at this point when it comes to Microsoft in regards to Xbox.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Can't lie, im always hyped for the gaming showcases in June. Hell, I even watch Nintendo when they have one and I don't even care about Nintendo. lol. Back to Xbox, I just want to see the games and hope those im interested in are great for me. That's all I care about at this point when it comes to Microsoft in regards to Xbox.
Starfield pp you care about Xbox more than you're letting on lol