The worst game you BOUGHT this year

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Also known as your biggest purchase regret. I imagine for most it’s that useless vr2 paperweight.

And yes. BOUGHT. Freebies don’t count.

For me…

Final_Fantasy_XVI_cover_art.png

Final Fantasy 16.

Worst ff I have ever played. No dungeons. No rpg mechanics. Cardboard characters, boring narrative. Two good songs. Bad visuals and performance. Braindead easy.

Wish I never bought it tbh. Waste of money. And no I didn’t just sample the game. Played the whole way thru… 80 hours… and the closer I got to the end the more it sucked.

Last edited:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I don't buy a lot of games unless on a deep sale but I did buy diablo4 at full price.

I think I have 600 hours in it which is a lot by any metric but saying that, there are so many disappointing aspects to it.

The game needs another year at least in the oven, there is just not enough content or end systems to keep the game fresh. itemization is shit, bosses are uninspiring, and quite frankly it is a safe and stale interpretation of a series that should be looking to modernize and push the genre forward, it has not.

With POE2 on the Horizon, Blizzard people should start worrying, not only does it look so much better in every aspect, its also Free.

Reactions: Vertigo

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
The announcement of the Clock Tower remake made me want to play similar games while waiting for it. After searching around, I bought the Remothered games for cheap, as they were part of the PSN deals. So even if the amount spent was relatively cheap, that has to be my worst purchase this year.

Last edited:

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Diablo4. I don't hate it, but it hasn't hooked me (yet). Baldurs Gate came out 2 months later and owned the rest of my year.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I don't buy many games. This year was little special with too many games. I think all games i got this year were good including FFXVI.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Think I brought a sealed Balan Wonderworld this year to add to my Switch collection. Oh, and lots of sealed Kinnect games (going to eventually assemble a complete collection of them.) 90 percent of those could only be considered trash.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Also known as your biggest purchase regret. I imagine for most it’s that useless vr2 paperweight.

And yes. BOUGHT. Freebies don’t count.

For me…

Final_Fantasy_XVI_cover_art.png

Final Fantasy 16.

Worst ff I have ever played. No dungeons. No rpg mechanics. Cardboard characters, boring narrative. Two good songs. Bad visuals and performance. Braindead easy.

Wish I never bought it tbh. Waste of money. And no I didn’t just sample the game. Played the whole way thru… 80 hours… and the closer I got to the end the more it sucked.
Agreeing with this one. Turd of a game in just about every respect. Music was ok-ish, and Torgal was cool. :D But the story, "villain", combat, towns, sidequests ... I mean what the heck happened? Played like a game made by children.

If I had bought Starfield, it would have been that one though.

And yeah, I finished them both.

Reactions: Vertigo

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Alan Wake 2, although I liked Control. God, this game is so boring and pretentious. It's "Everything Everywhere All at Once" from the world of video games.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Probably Eternights. It's a 5/10 game that should've been like $10-15 instead of the $30 or $40 i bought it for, i forget what i even paid for it.