The Xbox Pro in 2026 ( Brad Sams speculation video )

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
So before it was nedded because Uncle Phil said they won’t have a mid-gen refresh.

But now, probably after the pitiful sales outlook, they want a mid-gen refresh?

That ram base is part of the issue with Xbox.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Why all these guys look the same. Car salemans...

I would not like to hear people saying those yellow looking the same again.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Series S is the majority of the Xbox install base this gen. Phil's incompetence killed Xbox, Series Swap just one of a thousand cuts that led to the death.
Well, he is the dufus that believed the combo of Series S + Gamepass would make them a lot more competitive. It just screwed their entire console gaming business.

I don't get how this dude kept his job after luring MS into spending billions and billions on a hopeless endeavor to save a business that shouldn't even exist in the first place.

How could he not see that the Series S + Series X would make them extremely vulnerable to a PS5 Pro killing blow? It was the first thing I realized and as the gen moves along the Series becomes less and less desirable.

Last edited:

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Well, he is the dufus that believes the combo of Series S + Gamepass would make them a lot more competitive. It just screwed their entire console gaming business.

I don't get how this dude kept his job after luring MS into spending billions and billions on a hopeless endeavor to save a business that shouldn't even exist in the first place.
He has kept his job by the simple fact that nobody else wants it, which is the same reason a twat with a track record of utter failure got that job to begin with.

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
Two thoughts:

1) AIt's an Xbox X, but as a full subscription model aka you get to keep it / its not bricked so long as you subscribe to Gampass Ultimate AND you acept ads in your gampass sub
2) Pure cloud machine that requires ongoing gamepass sub + ads like above.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
He has kept his job by the simple fact that nobody else wants it, which is the same reason a twat with a track record of utter failure got that job to begin with.
I would take the job, I could easily save Xbox in a heartbeat

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Two thoughts:

1) AIt's an Xbox X, but as a full subscription model aka you get to keep it / its not bricked so long as you subscribe to Gampass Ultimate AND you acept ads in your gampass sub
2) Pure cloud machine that requires ongoing gamepass sub + ads like above.
Number 1 there was the intent for the Series S, but all their prospective partners for the subscription told them to fuck off after all the broken deals they had for the 360 and Bone.

Reactions: Shadow2027

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I don't see how MS can ask developers to support a Pro model alongside the S. If they are planning an upgrade over the X, it kinda has to be a new generation imo. And MS is in no position to start a new generation without aligning with Playstation. Whatever hardware Xbox does next is likely to be their last.
With 3 Xbox models in the same gen and so few sales the entire industry should start to question what exactly Xbox is contributing. It's hardly worth supporting as is since their audience is mostly only interested in Gamepass and the Series S is far weaker than a current gen console should be.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
With 3 Xbox models in the same gen and so few sales the entire industry should start question what exactly Xbox is contributing. It's hardly worth supporting as is since their audience is mostly only interested in Gamepass and the Series S is far weaker than a current gen console should be.
It is already being questioned with only two models.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
MS is fucking scrambling because of the PS5 pro lmao.

Which I don’t care for and don’t feel it’s needed. But anything that destroys MS further is fine in my book.

VillaiN

Veteran
10 Feb 2023
One of the reasons why general market wont invest in platform. These idiots at ms dont get it.

What stupid name they re going to choose this time?

My God imagine console market without sony. Ms wouldnt know when to release console let alone give it normal name.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Didn't they say that SX is their mid gen upgrade? 😂 Plus plenty of info that there won't be any pro model.
They STILL haven't reached the point where they have been able to do the first processor revisions for the Series, so odds of this gen seeing loss reductions on the hardware would be nil even without the now-traditional Holiday Xbox Firesale that fails to move boxes.

Not to mention, the only way the Series X got made was piggybacking off the Series S R&D process, so MS probably wouldn't give them the budget for the processor upgrades needed for a refresh or a new generation.

The Series has proven beyond all doubt that Xbox is a totally spent force in the gaming market.