'There's strong demand for Dragon Age: Veilguard' says EA

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I wonder if it still has such a big fan base. The last game released 10 years ago.

Before Inquisition they released 3 games in the span of 5 years, and within the following 10 years we got nothing out of that franchise. In fact, we only got failure after failure out of Bioware.

The interest in the franchise has definitely cooled down and the dev house doesn't have the name recognition it once had.

I just don't see this game being successful, especially with the horrid art design and purple everything. They're only saying "the press reception is very positive", but they buy 90% of press positivity with just the top surgery scars and LGBTQ NPCs everywhere.

I can see Assassin's Creed Shadows getting good-ish sales thanks to its fanbase alone, but Dragon Age? Not really.
The first game was so well received. Since then their games have been a bit shit,

I think it has a bit of a cult following, like players who like the Halo, Fallout series or old-school gamers who like Doom or Quake.

There is always that nostalgia feeling, people lurking in the shadows hoping that their favourite franchise can maybe turn it around.

The game to me looks a bit crap, but expect it to get extra brownie points for the top surgery rubbish from a lot of media.

I can imagine their line of defence if the game does not score high, Your just a bunch of bigots.