TheVerge: There will still be 30fps PS5 Pro Enhanced games

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
This xbot is trying to spread negativity.
There will always be another fidelity mode at 30 fps that is much better than the one on base PS5.
He's trying to convince people that Sony was laying and that they are promising 60 fps. So that when PS5 pro has a game with enhanced fidelity mode at 30 fps, people will rage over Sony on X.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
This is pretty clear, 4K, tons of RT effects, highly detailed world and physics up the wazoo... and boom 12fps!
and? it isn't like a bad thing to push the system to max, don't people want that? or you want to buy PS5 Pro and play Switch version of PS2 games?

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
GWQTwJmXUAErmir.jpg

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
95% of all games have a 60FPS option but this sounds more like prepare for GTA VI to still be 30FPS on PS5 Pro which in all honesty, wouldn't surprise me at all.

MiyazakiLovesKojima

Of course there will be... that was not even out of question lol

For now there are 4 games that ware 30fps one in PS5.
Excluding these there are broken 60fps modes that can be counted as games only playable in 30fps or 40fps (few have that option).

PS5 Pro will probably have it few games in 30fps only and it own share of games not good in 60fps modes.
sample_60ff51ff7755fa2b921812020ec4cc06.jpg

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
The only things Mark Cerny & CNET has made official are:

• CPU still the same Zen 2 (without specifying the clock frequency).
  • A 67% larger GPU (in terms of CUs), i.e. 3840 Stream Processors compared with 2304 on the standard PS5.
  • Enhanced Ray-Tracing (x2 or even x3 in some cases).
  • PSSR (AI upscaling mode).
  • Memory 28% faster, i.e. 18 Gbps instead of 14 Gbps.
  • 2TB SSD running at the same speed of 5.5 GB/s.
  • Wi-Fi 7 instead of 6.

Reactions: ToTTenTranz

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
and? it isn't like a bad thing to push the system to max, don't people want that? or you want to buy PS5 Pro and play Switch version of PS2 games?
yes, obviously people want the power of their devices to be used.

You can push it at 60+ FPS as well, it will simply be used to render images faster instead of with a few more pixels here and there.

As a test I got my 7 years old son to play Horizon Forbidden West in performance mode (unlocked frame rate on a VRR display)... anyway, so he got used to this, one day I put him on quality mode and told him to play.

His reaction: The game has a bug now, it doesn't move right.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
yes, obviously people want the power of their devices to be used.

You can push it at 60+ FPS as well, it will simply be used to render images faster instead of with a few more pixels here and there.

As a test I got my 7 years old son to play Horizon Forbidden West in performance mode (unlocked frame rate on a VRR display)... anyway, so he got used to this, one day I put him on quality mode and told him to play.

His reaction: The game has a bug now, it doesn't move right.
Kids don't care about the graphics. For sure it is a trade off and a choice. I prefer fidelity mode most as it can add most graphical settings, plus, i don't feel motion sickness or dizziness from 30fps, each for their own.
At least Pro will give even more choice.

Reactions: Puff