this is very likely THE LAST native Xbox console generation

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
MS loses 4B a year selling consoles, each Series X they sell they lose 200 dollars, each Series S they sell they lose 100 dollars, why? because they want to keep the stupid power and affordable narrative that have served them nothing, in the other hand, the PS5 is confirmed to be profitable, everything made on that console, the 10tf, the 825GB of storage, all was calculated to generate PROFIT to Sony instead of losing money, the $500 Standard PS5 model generates profit since early 2021, with the CFI 11 (7nm) and the CFI 12 (6nm) revisions, Sony managed to make EVEN MORE profit on each unit sold by making the console cheaper to produce, MS just doesn't do these things, the Series X and S to this day had no internal revisions, they're still selling the same 2020 7nm Series X when we're about to go to 5nm later this year, that's why they're making a hybrid console, the next Xbox may just be a Cloud box

Last edited:
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
the more i look at PS5 specs and how this console was milimetrically calculated to deliver next generation and at the same time, profit to Sony, the more respect i have for Mark Cerny, thanks to him, we'll have native PlayStation consoles for a long time, and you can be sure, the PS5 Pro will be $600+ and it will generate profit as well, that's how you maintain a healthy business.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
if you do quick math its not 4 billion a year. last year they sold 7.6 million. Multiply that by 200 its 1,520,000,000. And that's with making each lost 200. So the real number is even less. Selling at a lost is common for console makers.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Now that MS is worth 3 trillion, it's the best time for them to drop all this dead weight and the shareholders won't even notice or care.

Sarah the smiling robot will be left answering the questions of angry journalists and xbots until Microsoft unplugs her and deletes the AI.

Phil will be managing Activision like a Bobby Kotick or John Riccitello. He will fade into obscurity with no fanclub and the cultists will move on.

The End Airplane Movie GIF by filmeditor

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
if you do quick math its not 4 billion a year. last year they sold 7.6 million. Multiply that by 200 its 1,520,000,000. And that's with making each lost 200. So the real number is even less. Selling at a lost is common for console makers.
the problem is, just a month ago, they were selling Series S consoles for 138 dollars + a headset and the X for 350, meaning they were losing 250 on the S and 450 on the X, it's simply an unsustainable model for them, they sell a console for 130 dollars like the S and they still can't even outsell the Nintendo Switch from 2017

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
the problem is, just a month ago, they were selling Series S consoles for 138 dollars + a headset and the X for 350, meaning they were losing 250 on the S and 450 on the X, it's simply an unsustainable model for them, they sell a console for 130 dollars like the S and they still can't even outsell the Nintendo Switch from 2017
That was just for a limited time. Its still nowhere near 4 billion like you claimed. Where did you get that from? lol. Yes consoles sales arent the best. Their are no rumors from credible sources that MS is not making a next gen console. So until that happens you should expect another next gen console.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Now that MS is worth 3 trillion, it's the best time for them to drop all this dead weight and the shareholders won't even notice or care.

Sarah the smiling robot will be left answering the questions of angry journalists and xbots until Microsoft unplugs her and deletes the AI.

Phil will be managing Activision like a Bobby Kotick or John Riccitello. He will fade into obscurity with no fanclub and the cultists will move on.

The End Airplane Movie GIF by filmeditor
Phil Spencer is the only person convincing Satya Nadella to not unplug the Xbox hardware, the day this man retires... they won't even make streaming sticks, it will be a cloud subscription service, and if it stagnates they'll discontinue gamepass too, and will just be a publisher on PC, Playstation and Nintendo, they'll probably try to buy Valve tho, but i'm sure Gabe Newell will tell them to go f*ck themselfs

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
That was just for a limited time. Its still nowhere near 4 billion like you claimed. Where did you get that from? lol. Yes consoles sales arent the best. Their are no rumors from credible sources that MS is not making a next gen console. So until that happens you should expect another next gen console.
they sold the S for 250 the entire last year, the Holiday period is the period where console manufacturers sell the most amount of consoles, they sold the S and the X at these insanely low prices during the holidays, MS own internal leaks show they're making a hybrid console for the next generation, half native, half cloud experience, my prediction is that they'll have only a Series S type of console for 299 that will run some stuff natively and some more graphically demanding games in the cloud

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
they sold the S for 250 the entire last year, the Holiday period is the period where console manufacturers sell the most amount of consoles, they sold the S and the X at these insanely low prices during the holidays, MS own internal leaks show they're making a hybrid console for the next generation, half native, half cloud experience, my prediction is that they'll have only a Series S type of console for 299 that will run some stuff natively and some more graphically demanding games in the cloud
Again your estimate is horribly wrong. Its nowhere near 4 billion a year. Just concede already.

Their are no rumors from credible sources that MS is not making a next gen console. So until that happens you should expect another next gen console.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Again your estimate is horribly wrong. Its nowhere near 4 billion a year. Just concede already.

Their are no rumors from credible sources that MS is not making a next gen console. So until that happens you should expect another next gen console.
it's not my estimation, it's David's Faulkner

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
never heard of him. From this point forward i would suggest to avoid him as a source of xbox news. His estimate is way off.
i don't think it is, i think that YOU, as an Xbox player, is the one refusing to accept the sole reality of the Xbox hardware situation, not only they can't move units, but they lose BIG money every year selling hardware, this is simply not a healthy business for them, it doesn't surprise me they've been trying to kill the console altogether marketing more Samsung TVs than their boxes, meanwhile Sony and Nintendo make profit on each console they sell

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Xbox Series S/X consoles are selling worse than the Xbox One despite having a 299 option (that often is being sold for as low as 130 dollars), 2 publisher acquisitions and the GamePass subscription, consumers literally are voting with their wallets and they prefer to spend 500 dollars on a PS5 when they enter a store in the Holidays than spending 130 dollars on an Xbox, they prefer to spend 300 on a 2017 arcaic Nintendo Switch than investing 130 on an Xbox they can play all multiplats, this should already tell you and shareholders that hardware is not the future of Xbox.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
i don't think it is, i think that YOU, as an Xbox player, is the one refusing to accept the sole reality of the Xbox hardware situation, not only they can't move units, but they lose BIG money every year selling hardware, this is simply not a healthy business for them, it doesn't surprise me they've been trying to kill the console altogether marketing more Samsung TVs than their boxes, meanwhile Sony and Nintendo make profit on each console they sell
Im not a xbox player. I already said xbox console sales arent good. Like i said expect another next gen console until we get intel that their won't be another one.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Im not a xbox player. I already said xbox console sales arent good. Like i said expect another next gen console until we get intel that their won't be another one.
MS own internal documents show they're considering making a hybrid console
xbox_console_timeline.jpg