this is very likely THE LAST native Xbox console generation

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They'll probably try to buy Valve tho, but i'm sure Gabe Newell will tell them to go f*ck themselfs
If they leave consoles they will definitely try and buy Valve and then EA or Take2.
Im not sure Gabe will say no, he has a soft spot for them and probably will bank in 100+ billion sale.

I always had a feeling it will come to it at the end, especially if MS want to stay relevant in video games one way or another, its there best chance.

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Again your estimate is horribly wrong. Its nowhere near 4 billion a year. Just concede already.

Their are no rumors from credible sources that MS is not making a next gen console. So until that happens you should expect another next gen console.
You are the one who need to concede already. Dying eksbotz fan want to silence us like it's resetera 🤣🤣🤣.

• haha
Reactions: Infinity

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Agreed. Been saying that for a while. The writing has been on the wall.

Yep. I stand by theory still. There won't be another Xbox.

They have just canceled the refresh, and people are thinking that's because they are launching their next-gen earlier. I think they have just canceled the refresh because they are not doing hardware anymore.
I think they will still release the controller because, why not ...

But, yeah, I absolutely do not believe that there won't be any Series X refresh or a next Xbox console.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
if you do quick math its not 4 billion a year. last year they sold 7.6 million. Multiply that by 200 its 1,520,000,000. And that's with making each lost 200. So the real number is even less. Selling at a lost is common for console makers.
While his math may be wrong, consoles selling at a loss when just out of the market is more or less common, but not thought the gen.

Side note: people like you are the reason why Xbox is trash: you make up excuses for their lack of quality instead of voting with your wallet.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
While his math may be wrong, consoles selling at a loss when just out of the market is more or less common, but not thought the gen.

Side note: people like you are the reason why Xbox is trash: you make up excuses for their lack of quality instead of voting with your wallet.
I'm a video game fan. Xbox being trash is subjective. What excuses have I made up for their lack of "quality"? Too much console warring from you.

• haha
Reactions: Nimrota

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
If Microsoft drop consoles and go third party, which means they can create games level or better in quality than the 360 days, then they'll be the biggest and best publisher/dev in the industry.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
If Microsoft drop consoles and go third party, which means they can create games level or better in quality than the 360 days, then they'll be the biggest and best publisher/dev in the industry.
biggest yes, best hell no. They'll still be far behind the likes of Capcom, Bamco, Squenix, Sony, hell probably even behind Devolver. And they won't be creating 360 level games. Their future is AA-level games to stuff gamepass with. All their moves are going away from big AAA blockbusters.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
probably, assuming they would use these billions they lose on the hardware front to make games

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Donald Glover Reaction GIF

• Shake
Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Switch is practically running on the same Hamster that ran in the Gamecube lol.

All bad jokes aside, Nintendo has made a killing basically selling and repacking there Wii U/Wii games and there new games that would run on Wii U. The Wii U was oudated when it came out in 2012.
Games like Mario Kart made pure profit on the Switch because they made there money back on the Wii U.

Switch 2 is gonna be interesting for Nintendo. Are they gonna take the easy route again?
They’ve already remastered and rereleased most there big Wii/Wii U games. And Its the first time they are gonna have to make something that doesnt look like it could run on the Wii in close to 20 years.

Or will the commercial fans bail them out as soon as they hear Mario Kart, Animal Crossing and Pokemon?

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Why are people in this thread assuming hardware is the only way they could be losing money? There is also Gamepass and the fact they have countless unproductive studios releasing flops. I doubt ABK is actually worth anywhere close to what MS paid now as well, we are yet to see any sort of return in the vast majority of their acquisitions (pretty much all the acquisitions prior to ABK have failed miserably in generating the expected return for them, including Bethesda).

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
And another one! Next firestick nextbox awaits. We've been hearing this for years and Thyve been bleeding money for over a decade.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Why are people in this thread assuming hardware is the only way they could be losing money? There is also Gamepass and the fact they have countless unproductive studios releasing flops. I doubt ABK is actually worth anywhere close to what MS paid now as well, we are yet to see any sort of return in the vast majority of their acquisitions (pretty much all the acquisitions prior to ABK have failed miserably in generating the expected return for them, including Bethesda).
there is no way GamePass makes them money, the cost of maintaining a subscription like this is far more than what it generates in revenue, let alone in profit

• brain
Reactions: pop and Nhomnhom

Wraith Phantom

22 Jun 2022
probably, assuming they would use these billions they lose on the hardware front to make games
They always had billions. And never made a AAA game without buying IP. They don't do organic growth. They bought Halo,Gears, Forza IP's.They don't make games from scratch. They are a company in gaming.They are not a gaming company. Two different things.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Etifilio