TLOU2 was originally inspired by Bloodborne

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I can see why the pulled back on it and left the open world zone at the beginning as a sort of remnant of that.
Sometimes scope and/or time constraints of a project/ the narrative just doesn't work with a certain idea.

In the documentary they thought they would've been able to deliver this game initially in 2018 and the game would be 10%-30% longer than Part I.
We all know how that one turned out, lmao.

I haven't seen it all myself, leaving that for this evening, but there's seemingly a lot of good stuff in there.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Having watched the whole thing anyone feel this segment is a bit weird in the context of the whole documentary? Wonder if it was added as a hint to the next game

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
TLOU2 itself are more like a zombie game that plays like metal gear solid

You spent most of the time hiding sneaking and doing stealth kills

But this thread remind me that i need bloodborne 2

• brain
Reactions: Deleted member 1154

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
TLoU word is not a good fit for a melee focused game, society there didn't collapse to the point where guns would be uncommon. Due to the nature of infected guns (or at least some sort of ranged weapon) would be a high priority in pretty much all communities.

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
TLOU2 itself are more like a zombie game that plays like metal gear solid

You spent most of the time hiding sneaking and doing stealth kills

But this thread remind me that i need bloodborne 2

That’s just how you play it. You can play the game like John Wick and it not only works, it excels.

Reactions: Airbus

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Seems like they were torn between Seraphite sections, open world, and traditional "wide linear".

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
That’s just how you play it. You can play the game like John Wick and it not only works, it excels.
At higher difficulty im really having a hard time to engage in open combat

When 6 - 7 guys/clicker coming at me simultaniously i tend to die real fast the ammo are also very scarce and limited

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
At higher difficulty im really having a hard time to engage in open combat

When 6 - 7 guys/clicker coming at me simultaniously i tend to die real fast the ammo are also very scarce and limited

Adjust the difficulty to give you more resources. You can customize difficulty.

Reactions: Airbus

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
As far as these games becoming more and more melee oriented over time would make sense if they don't eventually redevelop modern metallurgy (with all the support needed).

Munitions are bound to become harder to come by over time. I would suspect that other parts of the world, where firearms are less common.

It would be interesting to see some places where they had used nukes (in the surrounding areas).

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
After playing Uncharted 4 / Lost Legacy I feel like Naughty Dog finally perfected their craft and honestly I'd never wanna see them step away from TPS.

Then TLOU 2 just shows why they should never step away.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
To be honest I don't see the resemblance. Like, at all.
I think Naughty Dog was referring more the world of Bloodborne and how it kept becoming its own thing as the game went on... Making the game more open and alive similar to Bloodborne. Which they said wouldn't work in the end because of story structure and pacing.