Today The Wii U turns 10 and Metroid Prime turns 20!

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
November 18th seems to be official nintendo day,
The Gameboy Color turns 24 today
The Gamecube turns 21 today (With Luigi's Mansion, Wave Race: Blue Storm, and Super Monkey Ball)
Metroid Prime turns 20 today
The Wii U Turns 10 today (With Nintendo Land, NSMBU, Epic Mickey 2, and Zombi U)
Pokemon Sun and Moon turn 6 today
and Pokemon Scarlet and Violet come out today

Kinda like How November 22nd is Xbox Day as the 360 and xbox one released that day
and how February 22nd is Sony Day as the PS Vita, PS4, and PSVR 2 will launched on that day in certain regions

Anyway The Wii U is the first system I bought with my own money that I got from graduating high school earlier that year and the first system I got on launch day!

It doesn't feel like 10 years ago to me, I got a Gamecube in the Summer of 2002 and remember getting Super Mario Sunshine shortly after it came out (I played that game for like 8 hours straight the day I got it) and that seemed like it took twice the amount of time for that to reach 10 years in 2012 than it does for 2012 to turn 10 years in 2022!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: TubzGaming

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Never owned a wii u. It was the only nintendo system including and post n64 I never got. Thankfully most of the best games got ported to the switch.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I still remember my Gameboy Colour. Didn't get it on release but got it soon after. The Wii U... Ooof, that thing was... Interesting.

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Never owned a wii u. It was the only nintendo system including and post n64 I never got. Thankfully most of the best games got ported to the switch.
Man I remember pre ordering and picking up the Wii U on launch day, seems not that long ago tbh