Todd Howard: Starfield is a walking sim

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022

Damn shame. Even Death Stranding had vehicles. Guess that's to be expected from an engine that needed to use a hat for a train system in previous games

Waiting for the reveals on how limited the flying vehicles are. Clearly can't fly around planets, scripted cutscenes flying on and off. Is space combat just scripted moments?

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I get the outrage for the lack of vehicles. They should include them in the game, at least with an expansion.

But fishing? Since when fishing is such a make or break activity in a game? I thing it was a weeb thing as it's mainly featured in Japanese games.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
We knew this already. Can you imagine vehicles in a bethesda engine?

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
Bethesda continue to release unfinished and buggy games that the modding community then has to fix for them.

Imagine releasing a AAA space exploration game in 2023 without land vehicles. How the fuck do they expect people to do any meaningful exploration on foot? NMS had jet packs at launch and even they realized it wasn't enough and gave us an update with tons of vehicles and now even alien mounts for us to ride around. Having no land vehicles limits the exploration you can do from your ship landing zone as walking around will get old really fast. The lack of vehicles lets me know already that the exploration in this game is probably going to be mediocre. I'm expecting lots of barren landscapes and empty worlds with nothing much to see on them. The PC version with mods will be the only way to go for this game IMO.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

BlueLyria

Icon Extra
29 Apr 2023
Skyrim had horses
We knew this already. Can you imagine vehicles in a bethesda engine?
Probably just as bad as vehicles in Payday 2 lol, they somehow fucked up the entire handling model of vehicles in a racing game engine

Heisenberg007

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
"Can you see that mountain?

"Yes. Can I drive to it?"

"Lol no. Our engine still doesn't know what a vehicle is."

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
But can you run?

Because I would like to get to that mountain at some point... I hope the planets are very small in the end.

Seriously, this game is not even really open world (you can't just go from place to place without bumping into loading screens)... now it has all these weird limitations like we are 1997 or something.

Even their old games had horses in them.

Reactions: Heisenberg007

Ass of Can Whooping

9 Jul 2022
What a shitshow lmao

Probably no vehicles because the game can't handle anything other than being a walking sim.

Sorry, i mean it's a creative choice

Reactions: Nhomnhom