[Tom Henderson] Ubisoft going "All in" on Assassin's Creed with 4 more games already planned

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
assassins-creed-multiplayer.jpg

Ubisoft officially announced the future of Assassin’s Creed in September 2022, revealing a total of four games in development; Mirage, Codename Red, Codename Hexe, and Codename Jade. Ubisoft officially announced its Assassins’ Creed multiplayer offering, Project Invictus one month later.
Insider Gaming sources have revealed that three more fully-fledged titles are also in the conceptual and prototype phase, with the addition of Nexus 2 already being discussed. Codenamed Nebula, Raid, and Echoes, each of the pitched Assassin’s Creed titles will be developed by different studios and will have vastly different playstyles from its predecessors. “They are going all in with AC and some other major franchises”, one source said.
Ubisoft Sofia, known for co-developing Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation and Assassin’s Creed Rogue has pitched Project Nebula – An Assassin’s Creed title that will have three different settings; India, Aztec Empire, and Mediterranean.

Ubisoft Chengdu has pitched Project Raid – A free-to-play 4-player co-operative title that will be PvE. It’s believed that the titles characters will all be from the Assassin’s Creed universe.

Ubisoft Annecy, known for developing the multiplayer portion of games like Assassin’s Creed and Splinter Cell, as well as co-developing The Division 2 with Massive Entertainment has pitched Project Echoes, which has been described as a multiplayer title that will use Ubisoft Scalar technology.
Mirage and the VR game Nexus and the mobile game Jade set in ancient China in 2023.
  • Assassin's Creed Red in 2024.
  • Assassin's Creed Invictus in 2025 (this one's a multiplayer title)
  • Assassin's Creed Hexe in 2026.

And after that one of the mentioned in the quote above and somewhere along the line Nexus 2.

D

Deleted member 417

Who is still playing, let alone buying, AC? It died after 2.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Who is still playing, let alone buying, AC? It died after 2.
Their most recent game, AC Vallhalla, became a year ago the top grossing (and best selling) AC game ever having generated until then over $1B in revenue.

The series sold over 200M copies as of September, and around 90% of that came after 2. And this doesn't include all its DLCs, microtransations, season passes and extra revenue from its books, movie etc. As I remember the most recent numbers for AC 1 and 2 were 8 and 9 millions, but I assume they may have sold a handful million copies each since then.

Last edited:

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
ugh it is sad when they make an IP that was impressive and groundbreaking but milk it so much it becomes a copy of a copy without any soul/creativity.

As long as that IP makes money they will not focus on anything else. The resources are poured into an assembly rather than creating new games and experiences.

I’m all poetic today.

P

peter42O

Don't care about the mobile/multi-player stuff but Project Nebula sounds great. Looking forward to Mirage later this year and Red/Hexe later on.

EN250

17 Feb 2023
Oh wow, more AC you say!?

Assassin's Creed (2007)
Assassin's Creed II (2009)
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (2010)
Assassin's Creed: Revelations (2011)
Assassin's Creed III (2012)
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (2013)
Assassin's Creed Rogue (2014)
Assassin's Creed Unity (2014)
Assassin's Creed Syndicate (2015)
Assassin's Creed Origins (2017)
Assassin's Creed Odyssey (2018)
Assassin's Creed Valhalla (2020)

The only reason they're not pumping AC every damn year is because COVID-19 didn't let them, and now it takes more time to develop for cross-platform + new machines, so idk how homogenized/stagnant/samey/barren these new games will be :rolleyes:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
What a grand awakening this will be. Wait, no, I mis-spoke. What a grand wake this will be.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
They really need to scale down the size of the open world down, and maybe focus on making it more dense with content, and when i say content i'm talking about quality side quests. Origins seemed like a good size, and they went crazy with odyssey and valhalla.