Tom Warren: "A third Game will be announced for PS5 alongside Hi-Fi Rush and Sea of Thieves

Wraith Phantom

22 Jun 2022
It's probably hell blade 2. It's unreal engine. If the games close to finish. That's the quickest game they can port over for this year at least.The game still has a good rep. Not damaged IP.And the majority of the buyers are on PS. This is where the port makes £$€¥.

It's only game that can be ported quickly.

ghostwriter74

27 Jun 2023
What does that even mean? Three titles will be announced soon and will be released by summer? If the rumors are true, MS will eventually port everything anyway. So I don't understand why he explicitly mentions 3 titles.

I'm guessing Hi-Fi Rush, Sea of Thieves and a Gears (or a collection of the first 3 parts) will appear on PS5 by August. Afaik they all use the Unreal Engine and are therefore easy to port. I also had Grounded on the list, but it would be stupid to publish it with SoT.

Starfield will certainly come at the end of the year and then MS will see what the numbers are and further titles will be ported.

But I still hope for Ori.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
It's probably hell blade 2. It's unreal engine. If the games close to finish. That's the quickest game they can port over for this year at least.The game still has a good rep. Not damaged IP.And the majority of the buyers are on PS. This is where the port makes £$€¥.

This makes a lot of sense imo. Starfield is poorly optimised and would take a while to port. I don't think they would have started this until post-Christmas numbers came in. Optics wise having it be a year delay before going PS looks better, also time it up with the DLC release. A shorter time from announce to release works better to build hype and make the switch to 3rd party, so a release like HB2 seems better in terms of breaking the ice.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Remember 5 years ago when there were rumors all over the place that something like Halo could be coming to the switch? How funny would it be if Halo comes to PlayStation now

Reactions: Nimrota

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
I'm putting my money on Indiana Jones. First, Disney owns the rights to Indy. We know from the Insomnic leaks that Disney/Marvel puts a high minimum sales number on any exclusive console games (IIRC at least 6+ million within a year). Anyone with a brain knows that there's zero chance Xbox sells anywhere close to that many copies in a year if they put it on GamePass day 1. I'm 99% sure Disney/Marvel don't give two shits about "player count" over real sales. Also Indiana Jones has a good amount of crossover appeal - more than Avowed and Hellblade 2 combined. Lastly throw the Blade game in there as well - zero chance that isn't multiplatform given Disney/Marvel's sales clauses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Would_you_kindly
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I'm putting my money on Indiana Jones. First, Disney owns the rights to Indy. We know from the Insomnic leaks that Disney/Marvel puts a very high minimum sales number on any exclusive console games (IIRC at least 10+ million). Anyone with a brain knows that there's zero chance Xbox sells anywhere close to that many copies in a year if they put it on GamePass day 1.
Except they took money from Microsoft to make it exclusive no way they're turning back on that , although I could see it being temporary

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I just watched this video, Destin either lies or is incredibly ignorant about PS5 sales. He says PS5 has sold 30 million....

Okay Destin, just arbitrarily cut PS5 sales in half. FML
Like you said, he's either incapable of doing even the smallest amount of research or he's flat out lying to push a narrative.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
I just watched this video, Destin either lies or is incredibly ignorant about PS5 sales. He says PS5 has sold 30 million....

I was going to be charitable and say maybe he meant US sales only, but US sales of PS5 are ~22m. So absolutely just being deceptive.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023

Would buy in a heartbeat so I wouldn't mind this happening

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
Except they took money from Microsoft to make it exclusive no way they're turning back on that , although I could see it being temporary
Disney/Marvel is on the record requiring a minimum amount of actual game sales to be platform exclusive. You really confident Xbox will meet those minimum sales numbers? You have way more faith in them than I do

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
I was going to be charitable and say maybe he meant US sales only, but US sales of PS5 are ~22m. So absolutely just being deceptive.
These "journos" are just going to keep doing this shit until Sony sues one of them for spreading lies. That's also the reason that MS uses them so much.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023

Which video?

EDIT : nvm. Saw it

Last edited:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

I have no doubt he is lying, as he’s a huge shill and suck up for Xbox.

Always takes the chance to downplay/hate on PS and praise Xbox/Gamepass etc

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75