Tom Warren: Gears 6, Fable and South of Midnight are “not” under consideration for Proj. Latitude and will be exclusive. Fable & SoM expected in 2025.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

[Jez Corden] "In my investigations, I can confirm that games like Age of Mythology Retold, Avowed, South of Midnight, Hellblade 2, and even Starfield (at least as of June 2024) are, right now, not in active development for PlayStation, despite being perhaps "considered" in meetings and discussions."​

Report: Microsoft is considering bringing its flagship Xbox IP to PlayStation for the first time | Windows Central

"The only thing I can confirm at my end is that right now, as Warren said, Gears "6" is not being built for PlayStation. However, I've been told that neither are a variety of the other games The Verge says are being considered right now. In my investigations, I can confirm that games like Age of Mythology Retold, Avowed, South of Midnight, Hellblade 2, and even Starfield (at least as of June 2024) are, right now, not in active development for PlayStation, despite being perhaps "considered" in meetings and discussions. Does that mean never? Maybe, maybe not? I'm not sure Microsoft has nailed down the answers themselves yet to some of these questions, and The Verge report certainly doesn't suggest they have, despite how some have framed it. It's hard to disprove what end up being true in a couple of years or more."

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
NatetheHate: Just a very quick touch on Microsoft's approach to multiplatform games, as naturally there are some form of expectation going into this showcase and whether or not Microsoft is going to announce additional multiplatform games. And, just going to address this very briefly.

Microsoft's multiplatform approach continues to evolve. They do have many more games intended to go multiplatform. I personally know of 6 games that will be going multiplatform. The uncertainty is the venue, and timing on which they will be announced. I don't believe Microsoft is going to use that showcase as that venue, to highlight or announce multiplatform initiatives, but could something come up at SGF? Perhaps, I personally have not heard that, and because I don't have high level confidence in terms of timing, when these games will be announced, I will be not naming them here. But they are significant games, these are major IPs under the Microsoft brand that will, eventually, be going multiplatform, whether it's later this year or we see these games in 2025 remains to be seen.
But Microsoft's approach and commitment to multiplatform remains high and strong, and this is going to be something that we'll be saying for the foreseeable future when it comes to XGS games going multiplatform. The 4 games from early this year are just the beginning, this is going to be an ongoing development that we just see gradually unfold until Microsoft is fully open to embrace this directive, whether that is in 2025, 2026, after the introduction of their next-gen hardware. All that remains to be seen, but we'll be seeing more multiplatform games in the near future.

Reactions: FatKaz

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
frosted-glass-film.jpg

24 Jun 2022
I'm just waiting for Sony to start announcing ports of their games to Xbox. Beyond Destiny 2, MLB The Show, and Marathon.

I'm just really starting to think, the reason there's been little to no pushback from SIE on some of these bogus media narratives around exclusivity, is because BTS SIE are 100% in agreement and basically moving in the exact same direction. They'll just have Phil and the Xbox gang be the face and take the hits.

I doubt if things get rough enough for PlayStation, you'll ever see Herman on a podcast saying "PlayStation just makes it very hard for us to be PC-oh, uhm, I mean PlayStation 👀"

• haha
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
If Pentiment, Grounded and Hi-Fi are what they lead with then there's no way SoM doesn't get latituded eventually.

Edit: Well, it could also get Redfalled, or Allstarred, for those thinking on the PS to PC pipeline.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I'm just waiting for Sony to start announcing ports of their games to Xbox. Beyond Destiny 2, MLB The Show, and Marathon.

I'm just really starting to think, the reason there's been little to no pushback from SIE on some of these bogus media narratives around exclusivity, is because BTS SIE are 100% in agreement and basically moving in the exact same direction. They'll just have Phil and the Xbox gang be the face and take the hits.

I doubt if things get rough enough for PlayStation, you'll ever see Herman on a podcast saying "PlayStation just makes it very hard for us to be PC-oh, uhm, I mean PlayStation 👀"
That's just ridiculous. Sony has been pushing for PC releases as early as the PS4 era. All PS4 games were available on PC via streaming. They're just doing native ports now.

Why would PS release games on Xbox? Simple question. Money? What money? Xbox is a dead platform that can't sell 1st party games, let alone 3rd party? You thin PC sales are bad? Xbox is much worse. These ports don't just magically appear, they need to be made. If you can't sell these games, why would you waste time on developing them?

Xbox isn't releasing games on PS just for some extra cash. Xbox is releasing games on PS because they spent 80 billion in the last few years and have nothing to show for it. It's a dead platform that can't sustain itself. Xbox doesn't sell games. PS does. By the millions. When a major 3rd party game sells 5 million, Sony's 1st party sells twice that. As an exclusive, not counting PC sales. When was the last time an xbox game sold as much?

Why is Sony pushing PC releases and why they're different from Xbox releases? PC is an infinitely more bigger market than the shrinking xbox one. There's an entire market that hasn't tried console gaming that Sony's trying to tap into.

Now I don't think it's doing them that much good, with those paltry sales but that's what they're doing.

Some of you really buy into twitter drama and the FUD spread by shills. You get so worked up over problems you create in your mind. problems not based in reality or common sense.

@Zzero

What's SoM?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Gears not being up for consideration hmmm
"In five years from now, first party exclusives will be rare exceptions- Phil Spencer"

Maybe aren't considering them to release them day one on PS5, or for one of the next batches of ports. But make sure sooner or later they'll end porting all their main the MS games of this and maybe the previous generation to PS5 with potential to have barely decent sales in PS.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023

Too stupid even for Sony. XBox is dead.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Ahh, they're in damage control mode now so as to not take away from the showcase. Holy fuck MS is a pathetic company. Sony needs to hurry up and put xbox in the ground. The sooner that parasite is gone, the better for the entire industry.
To think Sony just had to stay the course a little longer while Xbox ports their games to PS5 instead they rushed to port everything to PC even faster.

They don't even wait to see how the market will react 🤡

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024

If they go that route at that point might as well go all out and get the gamepass bucks from microsoft, I bet they would pay a couple of hundred million to have god of war on lamepass

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
To think Sony just had to stay the course a little longer while Xbox ports their games to PS5 instead they rushed to port everything to PC even faster.

They don't even wait to see how the market will react 🤡
Sony did some really weird stuff as well, the rush to put Horizon Forbidden West on PS+ was very weird. Guerrilla seems to always be spearheading their worst moves.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Sony did some really weird stuff as well, the rush to put Horizon Forbidden West on PS+ was very weird. Guerrilla seems to always be spearheading their worst moves.
It's the shareholder focused CEO and CFO at the Sony parent company. It's like they've been taken over by venture capital that doesn't give a shit if they're sabotaging the brand as long as stock$ goes up long enough for them to bail on a golden parachute.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Calling bullshit on that,

3 months later, it will be announced for PlayStation once all the fanboys have bought it.
Let’s be real Gears 6 will flop like Gears 4 & 5. Only chance Gears or Halo has a complete revive is launching on PS & Nintendo day n date while producing a quality product.

• thisistheway
Reactions: 2spooky5me

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
It's the shareholder focused CEO and CFO at the Sony parent company. It's like they've been taken over by venture capital that doesn't give a shit if they're sabotaging the brand as long as stock$ goes up long enough for them to bail on a golden parachute.
I blame the americans for this, they exported this evil of blackrock, blackstone and vanguard to every friggin corner of the world

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Some of the stuff I've seen people say about Gears 6 is that it looks incredible. So probably wouldn't want to announce it for PS on the day it's announced. It would probably come eventually though.