Tom Warren: Some folks are surprised the Xbox games on PS5 are published by "Microsoft Corporation" or Bethesda, with no mention of Xbox.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They don't need grit. They need to get rid of the useless bags like phil spencer and matt booty and get some proper product management in place. And stop with the 18 month contractors
They just need to leave the console industry and let someone else try.
I dont want them here anymore with all the agenda pushing

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
They don't need grit. They need to get rid of the useless bags like phil spencer and matt booty and get some proper product management in place. And stop with the 18 month contractors
I remember seeing tweets from Jaffe about MS needing to hire Connie Booth as their product manager and use her experience to help Xbox destroy Playstation for what it's worth, lmao.

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
But they said PS gamers would love the games see the Xbox logo splash screen followed by Gamepass 30 second intro ad and then rush to buy a Series S…

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Like Sony porting their games to PC day one, it's just a matter of time before Microsoft does the same in regards to PlayStation. And it doesn't matter if it's Phil, Matt and Sarah or others in their place, the end result would be the same because the final decision rests with Nadella along with Hood and Stuart. Until those at the very top of the ladder want to actually compete by caring about gaming and Xbox, things there will never ever change.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023

What Xbox really needs is to remove that 18 months contractor thing they're using across Microsoft.
This might work to cut costs in the other parts of the business, but in a creative endeavour like game dev, this just kills talent retention and severely hurts any studio using a proprietary engine where the onboarding takes even longer than using one of the third party engines.

They can't make quality games without quality talent if they just end up cycling them up all the time.

This shit might've worked in the 360 era when games took 2 years to make, but right now you potentially have to replace any lower level position 3-3.5~ times during a 5-6 development time. That's just ridiculous.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Xbox got to show more grit. Don't let Sony call all the shots. It's already humiliating enough your bringing games to rival platforms with nothing in return. Pathetic.
Sad Cry GIF

• haha
Reactions: Gediminas

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
nah. Your going to wait years for ports for their big games. At least 2. They will come to playstation but their will be a wait. get a pc so no wait.

You think Microsoft has games worthwhile waiting for? Sweet.

Xbox gamers have been waiting for over 10 years for some good games, they are the prime example for "patience is a virtue"!

• fire

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
You think Microsoft has games worthwhile waiting for? Sweet.

Xbox gamers have been waiting for over 10 years for some good games, they are the prime example for "patience is a virtue"!
Hell yeah they got games. I see many PlayStation fans begging for them on Twitter

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Hell yeah they got games. I see many PlayStation fans begging for them on Twitter

Like the fake SoT tweets used by RARE for their PS port announcement? Or the fake "Helldivers 2 on Xbox" requests by fake PS players?

If Microsoft had desirable games, their consoles wouldn't be in the state they are AND their games would have more sales on Xbox/PC.

balrogboy

21 Jun 2022
Xbox got to show more grit. Don't let Sony call all the shots. It's already humiliating enough your bringing games to rival platforms with nothing in return. Pathetic.
the virgin MS: no guys its not xbox is Microsoft games, please dont hurt my brand
the Chad sony: displays the Playstation Productions logo loud and proud whenever you boot up MLB the show regardless of where you play it.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Clear as day now microsoft wanted to distanced themselves from xbox brand