Tomb Raider Legend Will be the First PS2 Classic with Trophies

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
that's true but they could've done a much better job on this port. Syphon Filter is at least upscaled to 4k, all PS1/PS2 games should be 4k 60fps

Just play them on PCSX2, no point in settling onnan inferior version

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Just play them on PCSX2, no point in settling onnan inferior version
Is PCSX2 on PS5?

BTW while the resolution was lower in the PS2 emulated games I played compared to native games it was not 480p... I think they did have some res bump in the 3D graphics (sadly the 2D bitmaps where the same resolution).
Edit - I just checked... it has these features "enhanced with up-rendering, rewind, quick save, and custom video filters"... so the game was not rendering in 480p.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Sly Cooper is also 480p and 4:3 lmao
4:3 with blackbars to fill the 16:9 is the only way acceptable in emulation to accurate keep the same proportions.
Any other form will stretch or hide content from your view.

The games were originally made in 4:3 and anything outside 1:1 is bad.

While I totally agree with you with the 480p... the 4:3 is unavoidable.

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
4:3 with blackbars to fill the 16:9 is the only way acceptable in emulation to accurate keep the same proportions.

No it's not, you know it was remastered for PS3 right? The PS3 version is stretched 16:9 and 720p and looks good. This PS5 version is even worse than what the PS3 had....

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
No it's not, you know it was remastered for PS3 right? The PS3 version is stretched 16:9 and 720p and looks good. This PS5 version is even worse than what the PS3 had....
But the PS5 version is an emulated PS2 ROM... not a remastered version like PS3.
There is no PS3 emulator in PS5.

BTW the remastered version is worked from the original source code and it just not stretched 16:9... it is true 16:9.
Emulation can't do that.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
But the PS5 version is an emulated PS2 ROM... not a remastered version like PS3.
There is no PS3 emulator in PS5.
😂 its 2024. A potato PC can run the PS2 rom at 4k60fps , so the PS5 should have no issue doing the same.

Reactions: Box

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
😂 its 2024. A potato PC can run the PS2 rom at 4k60fps , so the PS5 should have no issue doing the same.
?

Not sure what you meant here... PS2 version indeed it can run in super high resolution but still 4:3... it can't change the aspect ratio via emulation without affect the accuracy (aka stretch or hide content)... people can not like but black bars for 4:3 content is the accepted for all emulator as the best results.

Now about PS3 version I don't think there is a emulator to PS5 and even on PC the emulator is not that good yet (it doesn't have enough performance in most games for a practical use ).

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
Not sure what you meant here... PS2 version indeed it can run in super high resolution but still 4:3... it can't change the aspect ratio via emulation without affect the accuracy (aka stretch or hide content)... people can not like but black bars for 4:3 content is the accepted for all emulator as the best results.
There's plenty of PCSX2 ROM patches for widescreen... as long as the games are 3D, you can change the viewport to whatever you like.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Box and JAHGamer

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
There's plenty of PCSX2 ROM patches for widescreen... as long as the games are 3D, you can change the viewport to whatever you like.
That is changing the aspect ratio of the ROM via Hex editor... so you change the render setup.
It doesn't work for all games because either there is no aspect ratio setup or they can't find it in Hex editor (it is not easy to find it because it is via try and error... yes I did ROM hacking in the past to add translation PT-BR).
And to be fair that is like getting the source code and changing the aspect ratio.... it just now done via Hex editor that is a lot harder.

That is not want Emulation do.
That is changing the ROM... the game... they even work in the actual PS2 / PS3 without emulation (that has hardware BC).

And it is really try and error... some guys says the option patched doesn't work or is not a valid number.
In others you have issues with bitmaps.
And in the best cases you have lose the accuracy of original game... I don't think I ever saw one of these patches working perfectly.

When you say plenty is because PS2 has indeed a lot of games but less than 10% of the games have widescreen patches (like 300 games).

Again for the best way to play via Emulation don't use widescreen patches.

2spooky5me

12 May 2024
@Old Gamer

I always knew that Lance McDonald was ... questionable.
And now that PS is porting things over to PC, he DEFINITELY is going down the "PC MUSTARD RAT" lane.
EFF that guy!

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Old Gamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
@Old Gamer

I always knew that Lance McDonald was a grifting P.O.S.
And now that PS is porting things over to PC, he DEFINITELY is going down the "PC MUSTARD RAT" lane.
EFF that guy!
He's always been pro PC. He's the one that spreads bloodborne PC port rumors for many years. I don't think he's a grifter though

• Cerny
Reactions: 2spooky5me

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
He's always been pro PC. He's the one that spreads bloodborne PC port rumors for many years. I don't think he's a grifter though
Is Demon's Souls on PC already?
Just asking for curiosity... I don't remember.

I have the feeling Bloodborne is one of the game Sony won't port or remaster/remake.
Not sure why I have that feeling... maybe they do for PS6.

• thisistheway

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Is Demon's Souls on PC already?
Just asking for curiosity... I don't remember.
no, but it was in the nvidia leak, so it will probably come early 2025.

I have the feeling Bloodborne is one of the game Sony won't port or remaster/remake.
Not sure why I have that feeling... maybe they do for PS6.
Nah, that game will be remastered/remade and day and date ps5/pc like Until Dawn.

• sad

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

well with emulators you can CRT filters, keep it at 4:3 if you want a more accurate resolution.

Personally its shocking that these are only 480p on ps5 when i can plah these on 4k with my laptop.

We don't even get any decent CRT filters on ps5

Reactions: ethomaz