Tomb Raider Remastered just quietly censored one in-game detail after most recent patch

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Before

1713953828606.png

After

1713953854399.png

The pictures in question are lewd pin-up posters of the protagonist Lara Croft, which can be found in the fourth level of the third game.

One player called it a “huge problem with modern games,” saying they can now be “ruined AFTER people buy them”.

Another player called it “turbo cringe,” going on to say, “These people have the job of sucking whatever fun and nostalgia they can out of their supposedly fun product. It's so weird and disheartening.”

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

Before

View attachment 4814

After

View attachment 4815

The pictures in question are lewd pin-up posters of the protagonist Lara Croft, which can be found in the fourth level of the third game.

One player called it a “huge problem with modern games,” saying they can now be “ruined AFTER people buy them”.

Another player called it “turbo cringe,” going on to say, “These people have the job of sucking whatever fun and nostalgia they can out of their supposedly fun product. It's so weird and disheartening.”

Thank god they removed those disgusting images in the game; I remember seeing the originals back in the day; they turned me into a sex-starved woman-eyeing, upskirting pervert.(sorry @TubzGaming, i know you are attending therapy still)

Fingers crossed, the next outfit will put Lara in a Burka, I can't handle seeing a woman's form.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Thank god they removed those disgusting images in the game; I remember seeing the originals back in the day; they turned me into a sex-starved woman-eyeing, upskirting pervert.(sorry @TubzGaming, i know you are attending therapy still)

Fingers crossed, the next outfit will put Lara in a Burka, I can't handle seeing a woman's form.
new pokemon update would be up to your sleeve. women made in men bodies.

Last edited:

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Come On Wtf GIF by FC Schalke 04

ToTTenTranz

Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Yeah with this and putting content warnings in the game calling the original game creators racist and bigoted, saying they don't agree with Tomb Raider's tom raiding calling it bad colonialism, that future Lara will be sorry for raiding tombs and stealing from minorities, it really does look like Crystal Dynamics has gone to shit beyond repair.

I do not predict a good game to come out of present-day Crystal Dynamics. Unless gameplay and graphics are awesome, it looks like the next Tomb Raider reboot is going to be a shitstorm that might kill the studio.

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
i dont even get whats wrong with the pictures in the first place.
Like, its a fake videogame character, who are you white knighting for?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yeah with this and putting content warnings in the game calling the original game creators racist and bigoted, saying they don't agree with Tomb Raider's tom raiding calling it bad colonialism, that future Lara will be sorry for raiding tombs and stealing from minorities, it really does look like Crystal Dynamics has gone to shit beyond repair.

I do not predict a good game to come out of present-day Crystal Dynamics. Unless gameplay and graphics are awesome, it looks like the next Tomb Raider reboot is going to be a shitstorm that might kill the studio.
I think this kind of dumb woke extremism is going to kill several companies, like in this case Crystal Dynamic. I think they should either stop the stupid woke stuff, maybe even firing the people who took these decisions, or to sell the IP to someone else who cares about the IP and common sense.

Reactions: Box

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Doesn't matter. Feelings hurt. Get it out of here. Imagine being that much of a pathetic individual.
This reminds me of when rockstar removed the confederate flag from a character's shirt, except the character was obviously satirical and a fucking moron that blew his arm of with a gun.
like WHO ARE YOU PROTECTING BY REMOVING THIS?
it makes no fucking sense