Top 10 Best PS5 Physical Launch Sales in Japan. Final Fantasy at the top

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Launch aligned PS5 is ahead of PS4 that was always the big talking points by some PlayStation fans. Well the PS5 only around 80k ahead of so now... So it will fall behind the PS4 by next month.
If Sony doesn’t fix the supply in Japan that will happen very soon.

OP
OP
Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Launch aligned PS5 is ahead of PS4 that was always the big talking points by some PlayStation fans. Well the PS5 only around 80k ahead of so now... So it will fall behind the PS4 by next month.
I mean considering Covid stock issues, and no price issues. Im surprised they are at around the same numbers as PS4

Only a few titles here on are gonna move units in Japan. Monster Hunter Wilds and the next Dragon Quest. Outside of those Im not sure. And they probably wont do anything huge. Back in PS1, PS2 days, there was always a popular Japanese titles coming every month or 3.

And would Sony even take advantage of those popular titles. Neither Square or Sony did a good job of the FF7Rebirth campaign. I was in Osaka at the time and there was more Zelda TOTK posters from the year before and Yakuza ads then there was Final Fantasy 7Rebirth. So thats on them. Thats the kind of game, you go big on. Outside of some pics from Tokyo, i saw little presence. And I was walking Namba, Ueda stations daily