Top 10 times PlayStation Angered their Fans - WatchMojo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

We love PlayStation, but Sony has undeniably angered its fans over the years. For this list, we’re taking a look at the worst times Sony PlayStation pissed off their own player base. Our countdown includes the PlayStation Classic, the 2011 PSN Hack, the microtransactions of "Gran Turismo 7" (2022), and more! PlayStation fans, which of these moments left you fuming? Share your frustration with us in the comments below.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
Vita memory cards, their treatment of the Vita in general, hiding that some PS5 games were crossgen, closing studios that worked on Vita games that were destined to bomb, rushing The Order out of the door, shit solution for PS3 retro, those are my beefs with Sony.

I really liked PS3 Sony, I have very little issue with what they did in those days, I don't think the mistakes were in bad faith. Some things just blew in their face.

Cragarmi

Moderator- From the United Kingdom
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Last edited:
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
My number 1 is obviously PC ports and any of their announcements....

Totally ruin any SOP's or showcases for me and they have gotten more attention than some new PS5 releaes lately.
Just undermines the console and disrespects console gamers who have been loyal IMO

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022

Totally ruin any SOP's or showcases for me and they have gotten more attention than some new PS5 releaes lately.
Just undermines the console and disrespects console gamers who have been loyal IMO
Damn man, get over it, either build a PC or move on. It should make no difference to you if you don't play on PC.

The ports even started before they released the PS5 so you can't even argue that you were unaware of it when you got a PS5.

Sleepy Brown

Banned
5 Jul 2022

Horizon Forbidden West or God of War: Ragnarok are launching exclusively on PS5 and PS4 but somehow Sony is "disrespecting their console and console fans".
Lmao.

Reactions: Bryank75

LED

Twitter Legend
26 Jun 2022
I love PlayStation, the PS5 has been like my dream console, powerful, extremely fast, best controller ever IMO, intuitive UI, feature-packed etc…but the thing that still frustrates me to this day is that you can’t upload game save data to the cloud unless you’re subbed to PS Plus, they really need to make that for free, Xbox Live, Steam, GOG, any PC launcher you name it, all have this feature for FREE.

One could say “well why don’t you just copy or move your PS5 saved data to a USB stick?”, well actually you can’t, and that’s very frustrating.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
Damn man, get over it, either build a PC or move on. It should make no difference to you if you don't play on PC.

The ports even started before they released the PS5 so you can't even argue that you were unaware of it when you got a PS5.
I really don't get it either, what is other people getting games taking away from them lol?

Reactions: Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I really don't get it either, what is other people getting games taking away from them lol?

Yeah, makes no difference to me either. As long as PS5 is still the priority and still cost a fraction of the cost of a new pc, im good. The gap in performance isn’t even wide enough for me to bother being upset about late ports.

Now if they start releasing first party games on xbox, that will be a problem lol

Reactions: Cragarmi

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
let's be real, most PlayStation fans don't care about any of these, if there were a hundred million angry fans angry at Sony that shit would be trending on every popular social media site for weeks. PC ports don't bother me if it helps them fund newer projects in shiny 9th gen graphics and it's not like demand for the PS5 has gone down because of it.
The real bad one was Sony taking a week or so to tell their customers that they been hacked! what a shitshow that was, thankfully they have gotten much more secure since then and I make sure to only use PSN gift cards when buying digital games or dlc on PSN!

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
I love PlayStation, the PS5 has been like my dream console, powerful, extremely fast, best controller ever IMO, intuitive UI, feature-packed etc…but the thing that still frustrates me to this day is that you can’t upload game save data to the cloud unless you’re subbed to PS Plus, they really need to make that for free, Xbox Live, Steam, GOG, any PC launcher you name it, all have this feature for FREE.

One could say “well why don’t you just copy or move your PS5 saved data to a USB stick?”, well actually you can’t, and that’s very frustrating.
intuative ui on the ps5? ... what...? can i buy some of your weed off you?

• haha
Reactions: LED

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
It is better than any UI, better than Xbox’s trash UI filled with ads and crap.
A refined PS4 dashboard would be best for myself.

• Customizable Dashboard wallpaper/color backgrounds and system music.
    Honestly, I hate the game's art splashing on the screen, with so much wasted space in the center and small af row of game icons near the top. It looks like a beta attempt at PS4's dashboard. And the menu color? I thought it was 'boring' on high contrast setting. I toggled that off, and it was right back an even lighter shade of piss grey. It doesn't like... personalize anything about the console, it feels sterile and cold and perhaps out of touch. Like Sony's marketing/communication under Jim Ryan.

• Customizable Folders sorting for games.

• PStore didn't look like shit (I don't know if PS4's now matches the PS5's?)
    I don't just mean layout of PStore (took me months to see that Triangle jumps you to the PStore searchglass mini-menu uptop (whatever they call this, if the bottom menu is the 'control center' instead of 'quick menu'). I get sent on cycles around the same PStore pages. Say if I'm trying to access a PS5 & PS4 game's PS4 DLC whilst on my PS5.

• Better customizability of the PS4 Quick Menu / PS5 Control Center menu.
    So many bits can't be removed from the PS5 bottom menu, yet others like the Settings cog from the top dashboard menu aren't there. Other features too, are buried elsewhere, like messages underneath the stupidly named ''Game Base'' icon.

• brain
Reactions: LED
Status
Not open for further replies.