Turtle Beach Reveals New 'Affordable' React-R Xbox Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
18 Jul 2022

"Available in Black and White with Purple accents, the Turtle Beach REACT-R Wired Game Controller includes many of the same features found in Turtle Beach’s critically-acclaimed Recon controller: Superhuman Hearing setting, mappable quick-action buttons on the back, dual-rumble motors, ergonomic textured grips, the ability to upgrade the sound of any wired headset, and more.

The Turtle Beach REACT-R Wired Game Controller is available now in the UK and Europe for £34.99 /€44.99 MSRP. For US players, the controller can be pre-ordered now with a release date of August 17, 2022 for $39.99."

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

"Available in Black and White with Purple accents, the Turtle Beach REACT-R Wired Game Controller includes many of the same features found in Turtle Beach’s critically-acclaimed Recon controller: Superhuman Hearing setting, mappable quick-action buttons on the back, dual-rumble motors, ergonomic textured grips, the ability to upgrade the sound of any wired headset, and more.

The Turtle Beach REACT-R Wired Game Controller is available now in the UK and Europe for £34.99 /€44.99 MSRP. For US players, the controller can be pre-ordered now with a release date of August 17, 2022 for $39.99."

A couple of things, turtle beach is the ones that make sound cards, headsets, speakers etc, they are meant to be a good quality product company if I recall correctly.

+ the price of that controller, seems extremely cheap/well placed

Reactions: Bo_Hazem
OP
OP
The Legendary Warrior
18 Jul 2022
A couple of things, turtle beach is the ones that make sound cards, headsets, speakers etc, they are meant to be a good quality product company if I recall correctly.

+ the price of that controller, seems extremely cheap/well placed
I think it is the best controller in gaming for that price.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
can't be any worse than the standard "Series" controller, the thing hasn't evolved since the 360. Xbox has the worst-in-industry controller and it isn't even debatable. it's technically less advanced than a PS3 controller.

let's stop the pride rainbow decos and million color variations, in favor of actually moving the technology forward.

MS controllers are a joke industry wide at this point. They feel like fisher price toys and still run on AA batteries... for god's sake.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
can't be any worse than the standard "Series" controller, the thing hasn't evolved since the 360. Xbox has the worst-in-industry controller and it isn't even debatable. it's technically less advanced than a PS3 controller.

let's stop the pride rainbow decos and million color variations, in favor of actually moving the technology forward.

MS controllers are a joke industry wide at this point. They feel like fisher price toys and still run on AA batteries... for god's sake.

Well, isn't there a rumor that the moment the Dualsense was announced Phil requested for a controller to be designed that includes some of the same features?

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

They're great controllers, no need for gimmicks tbh.

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022

No need to change what’s already amazing.

OP
OP
The Legendary Warrior
18 Jul 2022

MS Xbox Controllers are actually the industry standard. Default ABXY button layout, Offset Analog Sticks & the very first controller to have Impulse Trigger.

Removable battery is better. You can used rechareable battery like eneloop rechargeable batteries or get a play and charge kit.
They last way longer than PlayStation internal Dualsense battery, and are way easier to replace.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
MS Xbox Controllers are actually the industry standard. Default ABXY button layout, Offset Analog Sticks & the very first controller to have Impulse Trigger.

Removable battery is better. You can used rechareable battery like eneloop rechargeable batteries or get a play and charge kit.
They last way longer than PlayStation internal Dualsense battery, and are way easier to replace.
i have had like 5 different controllers over the years since i was a kid.

I am extremely good at looking after my stuff,

I remember my master-styem and Megadrive controllers, i mashed on those buttons like forever, and they never broke.

My ps4 pro, accidently dropped that controller like a dozen times, getting old now 🙁 , never broke.

Ps5 controller, it's a thing of beauty, love the triggers, the feel, even the built-in mic, totally amazing.

The last controller i bought was an xbox controller for PC, about 5 years ago, for games like grim dawn and mortal combat

had it for a few month, right bumper button seized up, and trying to pull of combos in mortal combat was almost impossible, worse controller i have ever owned by far.

OP
OP
The Legendary Warrior
18 Jul 2022
i have had like 5 different controllers over the years since i was a kid.

I am extremely good at looking after my stuff,

I remember my master-styem and Megadrive controllers, i mashed on those buttons like forever, and they never broke.

My ps4 pro, accidently dropped that controller like a dozen times, getting old now 🙁 , never broke.

Ps5 controller, it's a thing of beauty, love the triggers, the feel, even the built-in mic, totally amazing.

The last controller i bought was an xbox controller for PC, about 5 years ago, for games like grim dawn and mortal combat

had it for a few month, right bumper button seized up, and trying to pull of combos in mortal combat was almost impossible, worse controller i have ever owned by far.
Good points from your perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.