Twisted Metal is a surprise hit. Sony where is the game?

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Twisted Metal TV show is getting hype and good reviews (66% with a 90% audience score on RottenTomatoes)

Sony you make a fucking TV show with no game in sight? Bungie the Reaper is not satisfied with the GaaS?

Serious The Four GIF by Diddy

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I just made a thread in the other sub-forum for it. It’s one of the most enjoyable tv’ shows I’ve watched all year. I might watch the entire season again this weekend, thats how fun it is.

Sweet Tooth really steals the show and that makes sense because he’s pretty much the unofficial mascot of playstation at this point.

I’d even go as far to say i enjoyed it more than The Last of Us.

Some critics need to pull the stick out of their asses. Kind of hope it gets the Cobra Kai treatment and gets ported to Netflix with a bigger budget.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
and yeah, im now anxious for a new game.

They need to follow the same structure as street fighter 6, arcade mode, world tour/story mode, multiplayer

At least they had the decency to add 1&2 to Ps Plus but they aren’t exactly the best representatives of the game

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I sincerely hope they do something but devs/publishers hate the car combat genre for some reason. Maybe an evil ice cream man slept with the wife of one of Sony's higher ups... I don't know.

Watch they releasing a couple of skins in Fortnite and call it a day (skins related to the show, not the game)

24 Jun 2022
Twisted Metal TV show is getting hype and good reviews (66% with a 90% audience score on RottenTomatoes)

Sony you make a fucking TV show with no game in sight? Bungie the Reaper is not satisfied with the GaaS?

Serious The Four GIF by Diddy

You know it's actually great when the audience score is higher than the critic score. Shows that it's reaching who really matters. Also that it likely avoids being stuffed full with politics or agendas.

If it's on Netflix, I'll give it a watch there. Likely over the weekend.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
yeah, we all know the game is in development, and got sent over to Firesprite from Lucid and the MotorStorm director is in charge of it which is a very good thing.

Game development and tv show development are wildly different pipelines and its impossible to get them to line up. TLOU was just perfect timing and it was just a remake, which still launched too early on PC.

Look at Nintendo with Mario, biggest movie of the year and no new game until October, just like Spider-Man. I’m sure these companies would love a game to release a month after a hit show or movie

• brain

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
They've been rumored to be working on a new twisted metal for a while now. Forcing something out early just to match up with a movie or TV show release date is a recipe for a shitty game. Everyone learned that years ago with all the movie tie in games of the early 2000s.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Gotta say I am surprised to see this not be a disaster and I'll probably start it tonight. Gives me higher hopes for the Gran Turismo movie.

• Shake

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
It's surprisingly enjoyable. Won't win any awards but could see it carving out a niche little fanbase which kinda fits Twisted Metal to begin with

Mackie is carrying the whole thing on his back though. Dudes a charisma machine, the whole show would fall apart without him

Will Arnett voice acting sweet tooth is an inspired choice too

There seems to be a real touch of increased quality on these adaptations since PlayStation Productions formed

Funnily the whole narrative concept of delivering packages in an open world and running across other cars to fight would totally work for a modern single player approach to Twisted Metal

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Now, that is actually extremely surprising. Everything they showed looked pretty bad.

PlayStation Production movies and TV shows seem to be very well received by audiences so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokoloko

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I did not even know there is a Twisted Metal TB show.

PS. On YouTube I see all the ads from Gran Turismo Movie.. 2 minutes ads.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I wasn’t expecting this to be even remotely good. What a nice surprise.

OP
OP
Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Happy for Jaffe.... even if he talks a load a shite about PlayStation.
Is he getting money or credit for this? Not that he deserves any after all the shit he says 😒

I did not even know there is a Twisted Metal TB show.

PS. On YouTube I see all the ads from Gran Turismo Movie.. 2 minutes ads.
The Gran Turismo movie is also getting great reviews so every game adaptations for 2023 were well received.

Last edited:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Is he getting money or credit for this? Not that he deserves any after all the shit he says 😒

The Gran Turismo movie is also getting great reviews so every game adaptations for 2022 was well received.

I honestly have no idea, I don't think he gets anything except maybe some recognition from a few people. But sometimes that means a lot.

Very interested in seeing the GT movie. I loved Rush and Ford vs Ferrari and many other movies about racing... was always into cars and F1, so it's right in my arena.

• Informative

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
I'm going to be the contrarian here.

I think Destruction All-Stars was a complete waste of time and was doomed to failure based on overall artstyle and character visuals alone. And they knew it because they turned it free2play on PS+. That development time could have gone straight onto Twisted Metal reboot, knowing there was a TV show spinoff coming down the line. Sony should have been working on doing TM right as soon as Rocket League slipped through their hands. See what worked there and not for the PS3 reboot etc. Or am I just misinformed?