Twisted Metal is a surprise hit. Sony where is the game?

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I wasn’t expecting this to be even remotely good. What a nice surprise.

I knew even though the previews and trailers looked bad that it would end up being good, because its the same writers of zombieland and deadpool and zombieland is a hard sell through trailers also.

Sony has been very light on the marketing for this so far though. It’s a mistake cause its a quality show that could be another ‘Cobra Kai’ for them if it were to eventually end up on netflix, it was a mistake putting it on Peacock.

Pretty good but you’d think they’d be doing a bit more on social media between playstation/sony/sonypictures, along with some more promotional stuff

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I'm going to be the contrarian here.

I think Destruction All-Stars was a complete waste of time and was doomed to failure based on overall artstyle and character visuals alone. And they knew it because they turned it free2play on PS+. That development time could have gone straight onto Twisted Metal reboot, knowing there was a TV show spinoff coming down the line. Sony should have been working on doing TM right as soon as Rocket League slipped through their hands. See what worked there and not for the PS3 reboot etc. Or am I just misinformed?

I made a whole thread on it last week saying this exact thing so no lol

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I knew even though the previews and trailers looked bad that it would end up being good, because its the same writers of zombieland and deadpool and zombieland is a hard sell through trailers also.

Sony has been very light on the marketing for this so far though. It’s a mistake cause its a quality show that could be another ‘Cobra Kai’ for them if it were to eventually end up on netflix, it was a mistake putting it on Peacock.

Pretty good but you’d think they’d be doing a bit more on social media between playstation/sony/sonypictures, along with some more promotional stuff

Netflix will probably get the rights for this show internationally anyways, or I hope they were smart enough to go this route

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Sony where is the game?
Sony you make a fucking TV show with no game in sight?
If you ask my personal preferences, I'd keep Twisted Metal buried and I'd ask Firesprite to make a Wipeout or Motorstorm instead.

As I remember they had some job offers that could be related to a Twisted Metal (or who knows, maybe even Wipeout or Motorstorm).

So maybe the rumor is true and they are working on it. In that case, they'll show/release it when ready. No need to rush. If the tv show is worth it, they'll make more seasons so will be able to release it at the same time of season 2 or whatever.

Is he getting money or credit for this?
The company who invested dozens or hundreds of millions, plus hundreds of workers to work on them, is getting the money or credit. I don't think they would give him anything because he was part of a team.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I’m so hyped from this show a new twisted metal announcement could end up being my most anticipated game.

Sony would be smart to announced it soon to get more people to watch the show and get those people to buy the game, etc. i hope what they have cookin is fun and silly (but still violent) and not edge-lord grim like Black

• fire

DForce

24 Jun 2022
Really enjoyed the show.

I just hope they announce a Twisted Metal game soon and it's actually good.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Twisted Metal TV show is getting hype and good reviews (66% with a 90% audience score on RottenTomatoes)

Sony you make a fucking TV show with no game in sight? Bungie the Reaper is not satisfied with the GaaS?

Serious The Four GIF by Diddy
Blame Lucid. They were lead developer supposedly but Sony didn’t like how destruction allstars turned out so they moved it to firesprite. That leaked unauthenticated document that leaked a while back said it’s being developed under the code name “redstar”. Firesprite probably made a lot of creative changes or they could rebooted development completely so who knows when it will drop. Sonys roadmap was to drop 12 service games by 2025 so expect it sometime in the next 2 1/2 yrs🤷🏽‍♂️

• Informative

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
If its a success, and the game is decent/good, it wil be ok. But it needs to be released within a year.

Tbh instead of All Stars they should of worked on this and spend the extra time to make a big game

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022

Ultimately the marketing is in the hands of Peacock. Sony are handling production

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
It's a box-office smash!!! Peacock is the new king and Netflix is dead!!

Glad to see it getting high ratings and viewership. This seemed like one of those shows critics couldn’t wait to shit on and some of them look stupid in retrospect taking t as serious as they did.

I saw a couple articles saying it was the worst show of the year lol

This show was more of a fun watch for more than TLOU

• Shake

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
I'm going to be the contrarian here.

I think Destruction All-Stars was a complete waste of time and was doomed to failure based on overall artstyle and character visuals alone. And they knew it because they turned it free2play on PS+. That development time could have gone straight onto Twisted Metal reboot, knowing there was a TV show spinoff coming down the line. Sony should have been working on doing TM right as soon as Rocket League slipped through their hands. See what worked there and not for the PS3 reboot etc. Or am I just misinformed?
that studio was supposed to do TM next. obviously, they were not able to convince sony. I dont remember what studio is speculated to be working on TM at this moment.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
that studio was supposed to do TM next. obviously, they were not able to convince sony. I dont remember what studio is speculated to be working on TM at this moment.

Firesprite is working on it, and the director that was working on it at Lucid followed it to Firesprite. He was the creative director on Motorstorm games