Twitter/X is working on removing the block feature

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Thank god we have a block system on this forum, otherwise i would have to put up listening to peoplelike @arvfab @Dr Bass @Kokoloko and @PropellerEar

Bullet dodged.

The Matrix Bullet Time GIF by Cinecom.net

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
More engagement, Musk really try to milk this cow to recoup money lol.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Seems more like a clever ploy to show community notes employed on the owner’s tweets. It gives the illusion the feature is unbiased.

Falcs

23 Jun 2022
I agree with him. It's pointless on a public platform aside from DMs.

Arc

5 Sep 2023
I don’t know if this is still going ahead but:

1: Count me as an ‘X’ fan

2: I think blocking is essential to any social media. I’m not a fan myself — say whatever dumb shit, I think it’s good practice to have and try to master self control — but it’s a pretty key part of the toolset for customizing your experience. Especially if you end up with someone, say, spamming your replies.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Funny that for the past 4 months or so, maybe a little more (this is post acquisition) I've started being followed by fake profiles, a handful every week, sometimes more. Reporting them is useless because their moderation doesn't see any issues, so I remove them as followers and block them. If blocking is removed, will be nice to see how much fake engagement will be created from those accounts alone.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Man.

Just few days ago we had the news about X (ex-Twitter) losing $40 billion in value after the change name.