Ubisoft cancels 3 unannounced games, Skull and Bones delayed again

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Ubisoft cancels three unannounced titles as it aims to focus on its 'biggest brands' following lower than expected sales.

2023-24 will see launches of AC Mirage, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, Skull & Bones and other games, including a 'large one'.

Isn't this the 6th time skull and bones has been delayed?

20230113_120951.png

Last edited:

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Something about Ubisoft is so strange now. Somewhere last gen they lost all of their identity. Like I cannot bring myself to be interested in anything they put out.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Surely BG&E2 has to be one of these, they can't keep throwing good money after bad. Scrolling down my list of Ubisoft studios, could also include the unannounced Reflections/Leamington game, whatever Stockholm is doing, a Watchdogs sequel and maybe an early in development Farcry? Is Farcry cheap to produce?

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Lord Mittens

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Surely BG&E2 has to be one of these, they can't keep throwing good money after bad. Scrolling down my list of Ubisoft studios, could also include the unannounced Reflections/Leamington game, whatever Stockholm is doing, a Watchdogs sequel and maybe an early in development Farcry? Is Farcry cheap to produce?

I don't see why farcry wouldn't be, they used a lot of the same assets from past games... Far cry primal was an exact copy of the far cry 4 map.

Reactions: Bryank75

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
They should just cancel Skull and Bones. They have probably invested more in that game than they will ever make back, it's just sunken cost fallacy atm.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
What an absolute shame, it just goes to show how difficult making games can be...

I really wanted a new Splinter Cell from Ubisoft and now we are all left to guess if an attempt at that has been cancelled.

How many single player games have been cancelled or how many GAAS did they green light (instead of single player games) in the pursuit of the green that are now not viable for one reason or another. I worry about all the live-service games Sony has in the works now too.... how much money is going to be wasted?

Running after money instead of enabling creativity and passion will always be the wrong way IMO.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
There's a rumor from Jeff Grubb (take with a grain of salt) that Ubisoft was asking to be bought and most said no.
They were definitely looking for investors to avoid yet another hostile takeover attempt, but that's what the Recent sale was all about. For a company that really wants to control itself, it does an exceptionally bad job of controlling itself, I can't think of another major publisher with as high an employee to yearly game released ratio as them.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters