UBISOFT sinks to under 2 Billion market cap after Star Wars game fails to impress investors. - Dr Serkan Toto

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
All eyes on AC: Shadows, which will be their biggest game for quite some time.
Also, this is pretty rough for Massive Entertainment since both Avatar and Star Wars had to take into account the royalties from Disney for both games. Also The Division 3 is not coming any time soon.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Happy Sesame Street GIF by Muppet Wiki

There is a god after all

Reactions: Bryank75

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Ubisoft falling to under $2B market cap has a lot more to do with Ubisoft as a company as opposed to just Outlaws. Their XDeviant game seems to be collapsing as Ubisoft keeps trying to chase that Fortnite money, their games just haven't hit like they did last generation outside of Valhalla.

Personally, as a Ubisoft fanboy, they've definitely declined and have disappointed me thus far this generation when compared to last generation. Immortals Fenyx Rising is their best release thus far this generation and of course, they cancelled the sequel. They also cancelled The Division Heartland which I was really looking forward to as a stopgap until The Division 3 which im expecting to be a full fledged next generation game which is perfectly fine by me.

As for Outlaws, I will be playing it via Ubisoft+ in November after Dragon Age: The Veilguard followed by Assassin's Creed Shadows also via Ubisoft+.

NOTE: While Ubisoft would probably be a prime candidate for a Microsoft acquisition right now, they can't be acquired for 15 years due to the contract they have in regards to cloud streaming rights in Europe if I remember correctly.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Ubisoft is a cheap acquisition with some premium ip there would be a ton of layoffs just because there bloated asf but AC, Tom Clancy, Far Cry for 2 billion is worth it + some mobile developers that have made pretty good games such as the new Invincible mobile game.

Wouldn’t be surprise if somebody swooped in.

Also Xdefiant should’ve just been Rainbow Six Siege but COD gameplay. Not sure why they decided to not use the long list of already beloved & existing characters from R6 there wouldve been a lot more hype & intrest seeing R6 siege characters be translated to a faster pace COD like type gameplay

Reactions: Kokoloko

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Ubisoft went Day 1 on a subscription for all their games, which is an awful decision, but the actual game is just so frustrating the WOM is bad.

I can't deal with all this mandatory stealth in a huge base with guards everywhere. You get caught and you have to restart the whole mission. It's BRUTAL 😡

I'm playing on Story mode and I still have to restart each mission 100 times because the guards see me all the way back with their supersonic vision 🤬

The game is so good outside of that. It's a shame.

Anyway, the Day 1 is also hurting a lot. There's an aura of bargain bin like Game Pass did for MS.

Dr. E99

1 Sep 2024
Ubisoft went Day 1 on a subscription for all their games, which is an awful decision, but the actual game is just so frustrating the WOM is bad.

I can't deal with all this mandatory stealth in a huge base with guards everywhere. You get caught and you have to restart the whole mission. It's BRUTAL 😡

I'm playing on Story mode and I still have to restart each mission 100 times because the guards see me all the way back with their supersonic vision 🤬

The game is so good outside of that. It's a shame.

Anyway, the Day 1 is also hurting a lot. There's an aura of bargain bin like Game Pass did for MS.
Who thought it was a good idea to put 2005-era insta-fail stealth mechanics into a game in 2024?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

I had no idea they went Day 1 on subscription. So people are really dumb enough to fall for MS tacticslol

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Ubisoft has to work hard to modify that image of trend chasers and extremely generic games. Their vision is failing. All that manpower must be put to better use.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Don't care. Is it just me or games journalism is more and more starting to resemble local news. Bad news on loop whether or not it matters to me at all.