Ubisoft under pressure to go private

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023

They will have to fire a lot of people if they go private. Bloated company with way too many employees. I believe they employ more people then all of the other publishers. They went woke and are now going broke. All they had to do was make the female protagonist in Star Wars attractive. Share prices started falling last week on news of lower then expected sales of the Star Wars game.

peewee78368

Banned
3 Feb 2024
I just look at the person who pressuring them lol he owns 1% LOL THEY AINT GONNA EVEN LISTEN TO HOMIE LOL.

peewee78368

Banned
3 Feb 2024
France will block Microsoft and Sony from buying Ubisoft. I would rather say that Tencent will buy Ubisoft than Microsoft or Sony, because Tencent invests a lot in Ubisoft.
ur stupid if u think france will ALLOW MEGA publisher like tencent who breaking records to buy ubisoft lol ur reaching hahahah

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Just buy them already, Sony.

Season 1 Nbc GIF by Law & Order

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Some good ideas in there but it's mostly bad.
This investor sure seems like they want Ubisoft to fire like 8000 employees or something.
Not Based at all, IMO.

They will have to fire a lot of people if they go private. Bloated company with way too many employees. I believe they employ more people then all of the other publishers. They went woke and are now going broke. All they had to do was make the female protagonist in Star Wars attractive. Share prices started falling last week on news of lower then expected sales of the Star Wars game.

Yes I'm sure the reason why Ubisoft is where they are is because one protagonist in their game isn't pretty enough.
Not because they chased the F2P/GaaS trend for years and failed at almost every turn to deliver big titles with that strategy.
In turn, because they kept chasing those trends, a lot of their IPs are sitting underutilized.
Most of those Multiplayer projects never actually saw the light of day(or flopped) because it was a bad combination with the IPs in question.

Reactions: MaxParrish
24 Jun 2022
Private companies don't have to deal with the utter BS that are inept, insane, moronic & greedy key investors/shareholders who drive a lot of these companies to unsustainable "infinite growth" goals that can end up killing them.

So in that aspect, I can respect the temptation to go private. After all, companies like Valve are privately owned and are doing better-than-fine. If they ever need extra funds, they can do private fundraisers or get a loan.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
That "longterm shareholder in Activision Blizzard" that "started their Ubisoft position couple weeks ago" troll that sends their "open letter" with cc to "Cc: KKR, Vivendi, Blackstone" (3 who failed at trying to acquire Ubisoft) doesn't seem to know that it isn't possible.

In their deal with Tencent they signed that Ubisoft wouldn't sell to anyone during minimum the next whatever years (I think it was 5 or 8) and that Tencent wouldn't buy more Ubi stocks in minimum a certain amount of years (I think it was 8 or 5).

Sounds to me it's just a play from a butthurted big hedge fund (or MS) who is angry because the Guillemots secured the company from being acquired by them. So they try to drop the stocks pricing to force the Guillemots to sell, but instead of that what the Guillemots do is to buy more stocks at a cheaper price.

P.S.: The moronic letter mentions "Tommy Clancy’s"
EA was rumored to be buying them once, I think they got spooked by all the overhead. Ubisoft has more employees then EA, that's crazy.
EA never had the cash to acquire them, if something they'd have offered a merge. But Ubisoft never wanted to sell to anyone.

Yes, EA has 13,700 employees and Ubisoft around 19,000. Ubisoft releases more games, but EA has EA FC, Madden and The Sims, thanks to which EA generates over 4x times more from game addons than from selling games (and they sell a ton of games).

This moron of the letter lies when saying that Ubi has 17,000 and EA 11,000.

Last edited: