Ubisoft under pressure to go private

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I believe that would be a move forward in the right direction.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I think Disney Wars tumblr fan fiction trash just tanked Ubisoft. This is sorta huge.

I no longer expect them to make or support anything but asscreed, r6 siege, crew and for honor. Some s*** is def about to go down.

64bitmodels

29 Sep 2022
Going private is one of the smartest choices any corpo could make. Maybe if Ubisoft did this their games would be good again, and their practices actually consumer friendly

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Publicly traded companies were a mistake, the stock market is a scam, every company should be private.
Investors do not care about you or about video games. They only want money. They are leeches who ruin art.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Buy them, fire all the purple hairs, and salvage the IP. It'll cost a few more hundred mil than the company is worth, but it's totally worth having exclusive ownership over the IP and ABK's cloud streaming rights in perpetuity.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Buy them, fire all the purple hairs, and salvage the IP. It'll cost a few more hundred mil than the company is worth, but it's totally worth having exclusive ownership over the IP and ABK's cloud streaming rights in perpetuity.
IPs alone worth those 2B. this shit cost like peanuts for corpos.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I think Ubisoft would be an excellent buy for Sony is all seriousness.

Rainbow Six is largely dominant as an arena hero shooter. For Honor keeps trucking somehow. And I absolutely adore Crew Motorfest. Then of course the yearly asscreed does 15 million year after year.

Under Sony management too? I’d be optimistic about it.

Are we under the impression still that MS has to take it easy with its aggressive behavior of buying the world?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

64bitmodels

29 Sep 2022
I think Ubisoft would be an excellent buy for Sony is all seriousness.

Rainbow Six is largely dominant as an arena hero shooter. For Honor keeps trucking somehow. And I absolutely adore Crew Motorfest. Then of course the yearly asscreed does 15 million year after year.

Under Sony management too? I’d be optimistic about it.

Are we under the impression still that MS has to take it easy with its aggressive behavior of buying the world?
Asking Sony to do the same and waste billions buying washed up publishers is not the approach in response. Just let MS go on their buying spree. Their incompetent management will eventually bleed the valuable employees right back into independence. Look at all the layoffs and valuable staff leaving.

They'll eventually end up like Konami- dozens of valuable IPs but no talented developers to take advantage of them.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Asking Sony to do the same and waste billions buying washed up publishers is not the approach in response. Just let MS go on their buying spree. Their incompetent management will eventually bleed the valuable employees right back into independence. Look at all the layoffs and valuable staff leaving.

They'll eventually end up like Konami- dozens of valuable IPs but no talented developers to take advantage of them.
IPs alone worth that. While i agree with rest, remember, they aren't costing 80B.