UK Boxed Charts: Week 20, 2024 (May 12 - May 18)

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Yes, third party publishers should stop shipping last gen versions because they're actually selling a decent amount of them, that makes sense.
Its more about progressing the generation, its not the best business but it always happened. Casuals will follow like they always have. Companies like EA make so much money from Football games, I dont care if it makes money for them or makes sense

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Its more about progressing the generation, its not the best business but it always happened. Casuals will follow like they always have. Companies like EA make so much money from Football games, I dont care if it makes money for them or makes sense

Sports games don't progress shit, it's why they're crossgen for years and years just like Ubisoft's Just Dance series.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Sports games don't progress shit, it's why they're crossgen for years and years just like Ubisoft's Just Dance series.
It makes casuals move to next gen if there football game isnt there on there PS4/Xbox anymore. This happens every gen

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022

UK Sales : Week 25, 2024 (Jun 16 - Jun 22)

1m2j5Yg.png

Elden Ring Ring Shadow Of The Erdtree
  • PS5 : 64%
  • Xbox : 22%

Elden Ring
  • PS5 : 63% (80% with PS4)
  • Xbox : 17%

2spooky5me

12 May 2024
Good to see new IP making the top 20 list.
Rooting for Still Wakes The Deep & Unicorn Overlord!

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Seems like helldivers really fell off. What happend?
Did the players just moved on? These games often stay up there for a bit longer.
I know people already explained but I wanted to add....

There a chart with digital + physical that is supposed to be out on Friday every week from GSD but seems like Chris stopped to share it for whatever reason (or he just post the monthly chart now).
In that chart I believe Helldivers 2 is doing pretty good.

This is the May UK digital + physical... Helldivers is 5th.

PS. I'm sure he used to share weekly before but seems like it is only monthly now :(

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Muddasar

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
I know people already explained but I wanted to add....

There a chart with digital + physical that is supposed to be out on Friday every week from GSD but seems like Chris stopped to share it for whatever reason (or he just post the monthly chart now).
In that chart I believe Helldivers 2 is doing pretty good.

This is the May UK digital + physical... Helldivers is 5th.

PS. I'm sure he used to share weekly before but seems like it is only monthly now :(
Month old post.

• Informative
Reactions: ethomaz

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023

UK Sales : Week 25, 2024 (Jun 16 - Jun 22)

1m2j5Yg.png

Elden Ring Ring Shadow Of The Erdtree
  • PS5 : 64%
  • Xbox : 22%

Elden Ring
  • PS5 : 63% (80% with PS4)
  • Xbox : 17%
People said I was crazy when I said PC is barely better than Xbox when it comes to the vast majority of AAA games 🤣 What an overrated market

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
People said I was crazy when I said PC is barely better than Xbox when it comes to the vast majority of AAA games 🤣 What an overrated market
This doesn't include digital.. there is no physical on PC.
That is the reason there is no % PC in most games in the chart @Evilms posted.... the ones that had is due special editions that are sold at retail (that are just a digital code inside a disc lol).

In Elden Ring DLC it is that is being counted on PC:

lighter

PC sales are bigger than Xbox in most games we have data but it is still lower than PS.
For games that launches only in PS5, Xbox and PC the ratio is normally around: 40%, 30% and 20% respectively.

But that was when Xbox's gamers used to buy games... today probably Xbox is below 10%.... so maybe PS is near 50% and PC near 40%.

Last edited:

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
This doesn't include digital.. there is no physical on PC.
That is the reason there is no % PC in most games in the chart @Evilms posted.... the ones that had is due special editions that are sold at retail (that are just a digital code inside a disc lol).

In Elden Ring DLC it is that is being counted on PC:

lighter

PC sales are bigger than Xbox in most games we have data but it is still lower than PS.
For games that launches only in PS5, Xbox and PC the ratio is normally around: 40%, 30% and 20% respectively.

But that was when Xbox's gamers used to buy games... today probably Xbox is below 10%.... so maybe PS is near 50% and PC near 40%.
70:20:10 more like. PC is nowhere near consoles (or PS5 alone) in any of the European charts we have hard data for

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
70:20:10 more like. PC is nowhere near consoles (or PS5 alone) in any of the European charts we have hard data for
For Elden Ring digital + physical...

What changed is that Xbox probably is closer to 10% today so any of the others needs to rise.... PS5 + PS4 being closer to 50% or PC being closer to 40%.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
For Elden Ring digital + physical...

What changed is that Xbox probably is closer to 10% today so any of the others needs to rise.... PS5 + PS4 being closer to 50% or PC being closer to 40%.

One game in one week in the UK vs annual sales for all games in the UK:

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Why is new info posted In here? Lol

I can't say I am surprised by the Elden Ring split but I think the digital sales split whenever it's released will tell the bigger picture.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
One game in one week in the UK vs annual sales for all games in the UK:
Not sure where in that link shows PC games sales are lower than 30% when removing Switch 🤷‍♂️

In fact including Switch by the graph it is no lower than 16% for PC and depending how much of physical is PC it go higher.

But let’s pretend PC had no physical (it had like Elden ring showed) that means 84% needs to be split between PS, Switch and Xbox.
Let’s say Xbox is 10%… that left 74% to PS and Switch… around 37% each?

Now let’s remove Switch… you have 37% + 16% + 10% = 63%… 16 / 73 = 25%.

So between PS, PC and Xbox… PC has at least 25% of the sales.

Remember that not including PC physical and assuming PS had at least half of what of PS5/Switch %… if Switch is higher the PC % increases too.

So ~40% PS, ~30% PC and ~20% Xbox I showed is pretty close to what that graph shows.

Last edited: