UK games market 2023: Digital software sales: Console £2.48b, PC £684m | Hardware sales: console +12% PC -11%

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
For now.

And there's also the fact that the game will eventually sell more but at a heavy discount, compared to console sales, where the first few million are sold at full price.
Thousands of people are shown as downloading it as we speak just on the more popular torrents on open torrent trackers. :ROFLMAO:

Sony getting what they deserve.

Reactions: mckmas8808

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
When he says "console market isn't growing" means "Xbox+PS+Switch market isn't growing".

Maybe compared to previous year or previous month, maybe related to hardware, maybe related to game sales in retail, maybe in game sales in retail+digital, maybe adding to game sales addons or not, maybe adding -I assume not in case of NPD- game subs.

PS or Switch maybe grew in other countries but didn't grow there. Or maybe they did grew but Xbox decreased way more, resulting on a decrease on the total console hardware or console software sales/revenue/etc.

These researchers periodically report several things like user spent in several of these things, like totals in software or hardware. Depending on the case, sometimes specifing specifics of each console, sometimes don't.
But that is exactly my point...
It is a weird and biased comment that doesn't tells anything about the market.

Just one of the three consoles is not growing... in fact it is really shrinking at fast pace.
The others two, PS and Switch, indeed did grow month over month.

So he is generalizing a issue with a single platform over all the other platforms.
It is a Xbox issue... not a console market issue.

It covers the Xbox issue and share the burned with PS and Switch while the issue is all about Xbox not finding it place.
Why he can't be honest and tells what it is really is? "Xbox is dragging the console market down"... how is PS and Switch having to grow and still cover the failures of Xbox? That is bullshit.

The others 2 players are doing fine and good.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Is all that PC hardware being exported to Russia? Lots of hardware but EXTREMELY low software sales. 😏
Understand Captain America GIF

also, with the amount of low software sales on xbox, i bet all those consoles are being exported straight to the garbage dump

mckmas8808

26 Mar 2024
The take from NPD Matt is really biased.
Because one platform (Xbox) dropped the overall games sales he claims “console market is not growing”.

But that is hardly the truth… PlayStation and Nintendo are having each NPD game sales increase in records (not so much Switch now because it is needs a sucessor asap).

So you have PS +15%, Nintendo +5% but due Xbox being -60% the overall console market looks like -2%… Sony and Nintendo can’t be blamed for of of the players having killed their platform.

I explained it to Matt and he made like he didn’t understand 😂😂😂

And this is the part that I hate. And why I ask who is behind this behavior? And why do they want it presented this way?

• Shake
Reactions: ethomaz

mckmas8808

26 Mar 2024
But that is exactly my point...
It is a weird and biased comment that doesn't tells anything about the market.

Just one of the three consoles is not growing... in fact it is really shrinking at fast pace.
The others two, PS and Switch, indeed did grow month over month.

So he is generalizing a issue with a single platform over all the other platforms.
It is a Xbox issue... not a console market issue.

It covers the Xbox issue and share the burned with PS and Switch while the issue is all about Xbox not finding it place.
Why he can't be honest and tells what it is really is? "Xbox is dragging the console market down"... how is PS and Switch having to grow and still cover the failures of Xbox? That is bullshit.

The others 2 players are doing fine and good.

The bolded is EXACTLY what the headline should read. I hate how the media feels like they need to protect the Xbox brand, just so they can keep their relationship with them.

OP
OP
Puff

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
UK 2023 Sales Data
Top 30 Games (Physical and Full Game Digital from the Nintendo eShop, PlayStation, PC and Xbox platforms)
RankTitlePublisherSales
5Spider-Man 2Sony654,731
26The Last of Us: Part IISony180,000
31Starfield | PC & SXMicrosoft142,000
32Final Fantasy XVI | PS5 Square Enix140,000

Skyrim (2021) - 1 138 000
Fallout 4 (2015) - 1 126 000
Starfield (2023) - ~142 000

Starfield flopping hard on xbox and pc

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
UK 2023 Sales Data

RankTitlePublisherSales
5Spider-Man 2Sony654,731
32Final Fantasy XVI | PS5Square Enix140,000

FF16 Sold just as much at Game of the Generation. One one platform to boot.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
UK 2023 Sales Data

RankTitlePublisherSales
5Spider-Man 2Sony654,731
32Final Fantasy XVI | PS5Square Enix140,000

TLOU2 continue to amaze with high sales even after years.

FFXVI sales are bad… less than half of previous entries.
For comparison:
FFXV Year 1: over 200k physical only
Remake Year 1: over 300k

Starfield sales are bad and over 2/3 of the sales come from PC.

Last edited:
Reactions: Puff

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Funny that no one talks about that, isn't it?
Zhuge, Dring, Imran or Jeff Grubb would never dare say anything about the sales of Starfield. It was a mega success according to the internet while FF is getting dragged for months for the same sales 🙄

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Anyone on twitter claiming this is success for Xbox?

There has to be a few...