UK Monthly Charts-PS5 #1, Helldivers 2 consecutive weeks sales growth (up 115% in week 2, up 21% week 3). A hit on both PC/PS5 with 57% sales on PS5!

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Updates 3/8/24​

From Evilms graph master

Week 1 : ~55.000
Week 2 : ~118.000 (+115%)
Week 3 : ~143.000 (+21%)
Week 4 : ~100.00 (-30%)

T : ~416k

For the UK charts (digital + physical, GSD data) last week, Helldivers 2 is No.1 for a fourth consecutive week, although sales are finally dropping (but still only down by 30% week-on-week)​

UK Monthly Charts February 2023: PS5 #1, Switch #2 and Xbox Series #3, Helldivers 2 Digital+Physical(Sold 57% on PS5)​

2.77 million video games were sold in the UK during February, a drop of 5.5% over the year before.
This is based on data from GSD, which tracks digital game sales from most major publishers, and all physical sales. The notable absent game from the charts is Palworld, because the game's developer isn’t included in the GSD system.
The 5.5% drop last month is actually an impressive result, because last year saw the blockbuster launch of Hogwarts Legacy, which was one of the biggest game releases of the year.
The reason for the relatively small drop? Helldivers 2, which was comfortably the No.1 game of February 2024.
The Sony game achieved the rare feat of seeing its sales grow week-over-week. During its second week on sale, sales were up nearly 115%, and then it grew again by nearly 21% during its third week.
It's also a real hit on both PC and PS5, with 57% of sales coming on the PlayStation, and the rest on PC.
It's a hugely impressive performance for a relatively unknown franchise. To put its success into context, the game's first three weeks on sale is only 28% lower than what Sony's Spider-Man 2 achieved during its first three weeks on sale last year.
The next new release in the charts is Warner Bros' Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League at No.4. The game has performed below the publisher's expectations, and its first four weeks on sale is 20% lower than what both 2022's Gotham Knights and 2021's Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy managed.
Also new at No.8 is Skull and Bones. Again, it's not a huge launch for the pirate game, with its opening two weeks 75% lower than what Sea of Thieves managed way back in March 2018.
Elsewhere, Persona 3 Reload debuts at No.10, Mario vs Donkey Kong lands at No.16 and new IP Pacific Drift slides in at No.18
Over in consoles, 95,855 games consoles were sold in the UK during February, a drop of 33% over the year before, and down 13% over the previous month.
This is according to GfK panel data, which tracks console sales in the UK.
PS5 was the leading platform by a large margin, but sales were down 2% month-on-month and 28% year-on-year.
Nintendo Switch just about takes second spot, with Xbox Series S and X in third position. Both platforms saw big drops over the same period in 2023. Currently, the entire console business is 29% down in the UK year-to-date.
This is partially due to the sudden arrival of console stock this time last year after a period of low supply. There was also a Hogwarts Legacy effect on the market. According to GfK, PS5 and Xbox sales grew 27% and 21% in February compared with January, boosted by the launch of Warner Bros' Harry Potter spin-off.
Plus, Nintendo Switch has been on the market for some time, and it's natural to see sales fall in its seventh year.
Over in accessories, 609,425 add-on products were sold during February, which is down 12% over January but up 16% over the same period in 2023.
The white DualSense PS5 controller leads the market again, while the Robot White Wireless Xbox controller comes in second place.
There was also a strong debut for Sony’s Pulse Elite Premium Headset in the final week of February – it debuted at No.15 by volume and No.4 by revenue, and in terms of just gaming headsets was No.4 by volume and No.1 by revenue – all after just one week on sale.

UK GSD February 2024 Top 10 (Digital and Physical)​

PositionTitle
1Helldivers 2 (Sony)
2EA Sports FC 24 (EA)
3Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision Blizzard)
4Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League (Warner Bros)
5Grand Theft Auto 5 (Rockstar)
6Hogwarts Legacy (Warner Bros)
7Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar)
8Skull and Bones (Ubisoft)
9The Last of Us Part 2: Remastered (Sony)
10Persona 3 Reload (Sega)

*Digital data unavailable

Last edited:

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Good for Helldivers, it's a great game.

I think they forgot that this year February had 29 days. Rebirth was released on that day and there is no mention of it (but for them Palword was the "notable absence"), at least here in Germany.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Good for Helldivers, it's a great game.

I think they forgot that this year February had 29 days. Rebirth was released on that day and there is no mention of it (but for them Palword was the "notable absence"), at least here in Germany.
Yeah weird it wasn't mentioned here.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I ended up buying a 144hz monitor because of this game. They got me.

The last multiplayer game that I was into was PUBG when it released. I hope that Helldivers 2 success ends up inspiring Valve to show L4D some love.

panda-zebra

2 Mar 2024
NW UK
Nice to see. UK wouldn't be massively different from total/worldwide splits I'd imagine.

Some were keen to suggest the bulk of its success has been down to Steam sales, when we knew early on player base was around 50/50 and there was no evidence to show things might have moved away from that hugely. Their evidence: using the Steam concurrent players data and subtracting from known server capacity to claim it could be as heavily weighted as 90/10, without considering that anyone sat waiting for retries or queueing up to even get in was counted in those figures once they did as much as launch the game. Anyone who played the game back then knew this, so I guess it was just salty types being a bit extra for whatever reason.

A game like this coming to both platforms day 1 has been perfect - OK, it probably caused extra headaches early on when demand far outstripped capacity, but that demand would have gone beyond what was planned for proportionally no matter how many platforms they launched on. It's just great to see that it's a huge success being on both platforms simultaneously and has the opportunity to become truly massive if they handle the game's evolution well. I'm here for it - the game is fun, the price is right and the monetisation is as fair as these things are ever going to get going forwards.

It's a hugely impressive performance for a relatively unknown franchise. To put its success into context, the game's first three weeks on sale is only 28% lower than what Sony's Spider-Man 2 achieved during its first three weeks on sale last year.
Damn, it's bigger/doing better than anyone could have reasonably expected/imagined.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Nice to see. UK wouldn't be massively different from total/worldwide splits I'd imagine.

Some were keen to suggest the bulk of its success has been down to Steam sales, when we knew early on player base was around 50/50 and there was no evidence to show things might have moved away from that hugely. Their evidence: using the Steam concurrent players data and subtracting from known server capacity to claim it could be as heavily weighted as 90/10, without considering that anyone sat waiting for retries or queueing up to even get in was counted in those figures once they did as much as launch the game. Anyone who played the game back then knew this, so I guess it was just salty types being a bit extra for whatever reason.

A game like this coming to both platforms day 1 has been perfect - OK, it probably caused extra headaches early on when demand far outstripped capacity, but that demand would have gone beyond what was planned for proportionally no matter how many platforms they launched on. It's just great to see that it's a huge success being on both platforms simultaneously and has the opportunity to become truly massive if they handle the game's evolution well. I'm here for it - the game is fun, the price is right and the monetisation is as fair as these things are ever going to get going forwards.

Damn, it's bigger/doing better than anyone could have reasonably expected/imagined.
Yeah ppl on here even said 75% on PC 😂 well a person did. It's very close overall.

panda-zebra

2 Mar 2024
NW UK
Yeah ppl on here even said 75% on PC 😂 well a person did. It's very close overall.
I can see why some might have thought that given the stuff Mat Piscatella tweets out; statistics help him paint these pretty pictures but seeing past the words, checking for context and using a bit of common sense goes a long way with them - so when possible sticking to what the data itself says rather than how the messenger presents it or whips a spin on it. Not always easy.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
image.png

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
I ended up buying a 144hz monitor because of this game. They got me.

The last multiplayer game that I was into was PUBG when it released. I hope that Helldivers 2 success ends up inspiring Valve to show L4D some love.
Helldivers 2 has the opportunity to take away players from cod & other games like destiny who current status is trash they should look to add the great features those games once had that people like lvl prestige’s, weapon lvl/weapon prestige’s, weapon progression camos to unlock via challenges also armor camos to unlock via challenges on the destiny side I wouldn’t mind seeing a nightfall like mode for Helldivers 2 that shows up every weekend to unlock exclusive cosmetic by playing this specific activity just to add more endgame for players looking for more grind

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
exclusive vs multiplat, 70$ vs 40$.
Another narrative that needs to die is people saying how PS exclusive games don’t sell well & people paint it like GOW, Spider-Man 2, Horizon, GT7 aren’t selling 10, 15, 20, 30 million on 1 platform is deemed a failure yet RE4 remake selling 3 million in a month multiplat is a great success. People compare PS game to Nintnedo games which PS games are mainly rated M games which will hold back potential buyers because of blood, gore or just violent so a game like Mario, Pokémon or any other family friendly Nintendo IP will have a lower ceiling for family & children’s to buy.

Outside Mario & Pokémon & or any game associated w both like Smash or Mario Kart (animal crossing being an outlier) Kirby, Pikmin & Metroid sold around 5 million or less Splatoon sold 10 million all of these games are rated Teen & bellow + most time when people compare PS games to Nintendo game PS console sells will be less due to the different release year so PS would be at 50 million compared to Nintendo which is already in the later half of its lifecycle 130+ million. Spider-Man 2 outsold Mario in its first week/month Spider-Man 2 was at 10 million sells with half the install base compare to Mario wonders that was at 7 million I think long term Mario wonders should outsell SM2 but who knows SM2 sold 30+ million

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Helldivers 2 has the opportunity to take away players from cod & other games like destiny who current status is trash they should look to add the great features those games once had that people like lvl prestige’s, weapon lvl/weapon prestige’s, weapon progression camos to unlock via challenges also armor camos to unlock via challenges on the destiny side I wouldn’t mind seeing a nightfall like mode for Helldivers 2 that shows up every weekend to unlock exclusive cosmetic by playing this specific activity just to add more endgame for players looking for more grind
I disagree completely, Helldivers 2 needs none of those artificial reasons for people to play. Just keep the game being as fun as it is right now.

Destiny and CoD are last games I would want Helldivers to take inspiration from.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
My bad 🤷‍♂️ though I'm sure the initial split was 75/25. Happy to be wrong and not be a total bitch about making a mistake.

Do we have figures for total units sold ?
why are guys always make mistakes in favour of PC or xbox, but never in favour of PS? like almost always, it is just observation.

it is just a rhetorical question, no need to answer. patterns doesn't form by itself.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Hopefully the PS needs to go day n date to add massive sells narrative dies down (but it won’t cause PS has like 5 PC port this year alone, crazy). A mainly PC focus live service game which got heavily promoted on PC by twitch streamers & hardly half the install base on PS5 compared to Steam took 60+% of sales. People estimating the game sold 10 million in a month 6 million on PS5 & 4 on PC.

Now imagine if PS did day n date on PC with its singleplayer it sales would not massively outgrow PS & now PS has to deal w the fact that you no longer need to buy a PS to play there once exclusive singleplayer games on PS. Dealing w the negative impact of PS players slowly migrating to PC & potentially opening the horizon of PS gamers exploring other closed platforms like Nintendo who has true exclusive. Decreasing PS console sells which leads to decreasing MTX sells on PS which less console & weaker storefront equates to 3rd party skipping your platform dealing w 3rd party skipping PS to focus on Nintendo & PC receiving a decrease in PS+ as less console means less $80 PS+ that Sony gets 100% of, theres just to many negatives of going day n date hopefully Sony understands that. And understands a Sony without PS console is a crippled Sony purposely devaluing your console/storefront to receive 30% cuts from a competitor & be at the mercy of closed platforms like Steam, Nintendo & Apple isn’t worth an extra 500 million in profit from a competitor because if your sacrificing your own platform to gain small “profits” those “profits” arent really clean profits gained

Last edited: