UK Sales Charts

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
That is pretty interesting. The way I see it, there was probably less competition in terms of new releases for Saint's Row on the Xbox platforms compared to it on PS platforms, so it had a better "spotlight" so to speak. on Xbox where less games to compete with drew people's attention to Saint's Row.

At least that's one theory. The other two are that either more of the Saints Row audience are on Xbox (I know the original games were more popular on 360 than PS3, in fact the first few games were exclusive to 360 for a long time it seems like. I don't even remember when Gat Out Of Hell came out for PS4 (I think it skipped PS3?), but I did play that on 360. I know it's been a long time since a new Saints Row, but there's precedent more of that game's audience could be on Xbox console-wise.

The only other explanation is that Saints Row was one of the games available to pick up for 'free' with Series S consoles. Elden Ring was one of the other games. Since those aren't technically hard bundles I think the game would be counted as part of the sales, it's just there's probably a voucher at check-out to write off the cost of the game once it's been rung up as purchased, or something like that. MS started that promotion at least since the middle of August, it's even here in the U.S so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a similar one in the U.K.

Don't worry, I'm sure Sony have their holiday supply ready to go for Fall and Winter. The important thing is they've seen strong enough increases in stock to start making up for paltry supply earlier this year, and it's only getting better.

Even Series X is easily available there? Dang; I know Series S units are, those are pretty easily available everywhere tbh. But I'm guessing in some spots Series X unit supply has started stabilizing but the demand could be tapering off.

Time will tell of course, as always.

Series X has been fairly easy to get for a long time here in Ireland.

24 Jun 2022
Series X has been fairly easy to get for a long time here in Ireland.

So I guess when it comes to Europe the only heavily-contested market for Series is the UK, which makes sense. 360 dominated that market in its gen, although PS3 was closer to it there than in the US.

I think some people are going to be surprised with Xbox Series/PS5 in NA. Since the COD stuff won't do too much for Xbox specifically until near the end of the gen, there's a good chance Sony could increase their margins in the NA market. Still think it'll be generally competitive between them and Xbox here though.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

The GSD UK August Top 20 Video Games (Digital + Physical)​

PositionTitle
1Saints Row (Deep Silver)
2Grand Theft Auto 5 (Rockstar)
3FIFA 22 (EA)
4LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga (Warner Bros)
5Nintendo Switch Sports (Nintendo)*
6F1 22 (EA/Codemasters)
7Spider-Man: Remastered (Sony)
8Two Point Campus (Sega)
9Grand Theft Auto Online (Rockstar)
10Far Cry 6 (Ubisoft)
11Mortal Kombat 11 (Warner Bros)
12Minecraft: Switch Edition (Nintendo)*
13Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar)
14The Sims 4 (EA)
15Horizon: Forbidden West (Sony)
16Gran Turismo 7 (Sony)
17WWE 2K22 (2K Games)
18Mario Kart 8: Deluxe (Nintendo)*
19Dishonored (Bethesda)
20Elden Ring (Bandai Namco)
* Digital data unavailable

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
2022 HARDWARE

HWUK01.png

HWUK02.png

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

UK Sales: Week 36, 2022 (Aug 04 - Sep 10)​

It’s the first game in the series to do so, with the 2015 original game (released on Wii U) and its 2017 sequel (on Nintendo Switch) missing out at No.2

The third game’s launch sales are slightly below (down 9%) compared with the second title, although this only factors in physical sales. Splatoon is a rare Nintendo game that focuses on online play, so it may have performed more strongly via the Nintendo eShop.

[...]

“Splatoon Wii U had no official hardware bundle at launch – that actually arrived four weeks after. Splatoon Wii U arrived two and a half years after the introduction of Wii U, to quite a small install base of around just 400,000 consoles.

“Meanwhile, Splatoon 2 on Switch did have an official hardware bundle at week one. At launch the official bundle accounted for 57% of Switch hardware in that week and around 17% of actual Splatoon 2 software sales.

“Splatoon 2 arrived very early in the Switch hardware lifecycle, just 21 weeks after the console launched in UK, at the time with around 230,000 install base”

[...]

Elsewhere, last week’s No.1 – The Last of Us: Part 1 falls to No.4 after a 66% sales drop in its second week.

NBA 2K23 debuts at No.6, which is three places below what its predecessor managed, with physical boxed sales 29% lower this year than last time. 56% of 2K23’s sales were on PS5, 16% on PS4, 14% on Xbox Series X and S, 9% on Xbox One and 4% on Nintendo Switch. Note: This is purely boxed physical unit sales.

Further down the charts, Temtem from Humble Games reached No.21 and Steelrising from Nacon/Maximum Games is at No.29.

Last WeekThis WeekTitle
NEW1Splatoon 3
22Horizon: Forbidden West
53Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
14The Last of US: Part 1
75Nintendo Switch Sports
16NBA 2K23
97Animal Crossing: New Horizons
108Minecraft (Switch)
69Saints Row
510Pokémon Legends: Arceus

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Where is this from? I hope it's not VGChartz.... LOL
InstallBase.

BTW GFK & GDS kinda release these data every month... so you can match that graph pretty easy.

• PlayStation 5 sales in August increased by 56% compared to July.
  • The growth allowed PlayStation 5 to become the most selling console in the UK so far. However, Nintendo Switch is feeling good too - the system in August 2022 increased sales by 4%.
  • Xbox Series S|X sales remained on more or less the same levels.
  • About 125k consoles were sold in August 2022, which is a 20% growth MoM. Despite this, console sales are decreasing. In the first 8 months of 2022 about 880k consoles have been sold. It’s 30% less than in January-August 2021.
They use these % every month to make the chart.
If you sum the 3 bars it will be around 880k... and the PS5 rise in August is like 56% more... a bit less than 40k + 56% = ~61k... Xbox flat... Switch + 4%.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
InstallBase.

BTW GFK & GDS kinda release these data every month... so you can match that graph pretty easy.

• PlayStation 5 sales in August increased by 56% compared to July.
  • The growth allowed PlayStation 5 to become the most selling console in the UK so far. However, Nintendo Switch is feeling good too - the system in August 2022 increased sales by 4%.
  • Xbox Series S|X sales remained on more or less the same levels.
  • About 125k consoles were sold in August 2022, which is a 20% growth MoM. Despite this, console sales are decreasing. In the first 8 months of 2022 about 880k consoles have been sold. It’s 30% less than in January-August 2021.
They use these % every month to make the chart.
If you sum the 3 bars it will be around 880k... and the PS5 rise in August is like 56% more... a bit less than 40k + 56% = ~61k... Xbox flat... Switch + 4%.

Thank you brother... need to take a deep look.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

UK Sales: Week 37, 2022 (Sep 12 - Sep 18)​

#TitlePublisherLast Week
1SPLATOON 3NINTENDO1
2HORIZON FORBIDDEN WESTSONY COMPUTER ENT.2
3MARIO KART 8 DELUXENINTENDO3
4NINTENDO SWITCH SPORTSNINTENDO5
5MINECRAFTNINTENDO8
6NBA 2K23TAKE 26
7ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONSNINTENDO7
8POKEMON LEGENDS: ARCEUSNINTENDO10
9GRAND THEFT AUTO VTAKE 213
10THE LAST OF US PART ISONY COMPUTER ENT.4
11SAINTS ROWDEEP SILVER9
12GRAN TURISMO 7SONY COMPUTER ENT.19
13F1 MANAGER 2022FIRESHINE GAMES11
14KIRBY AND THE FORGOTTEN LANDNINTENDO14
15SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD + BOWSER’S FURYNINTENDO18
16THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILDNINTENDO24
17BATTLEFIELD 2042ELECTRONIC ARTS12
18LEGO STAR WARS: THE SKYWALKER SAGAWARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE16
19MARIO + RABBIDS KINGDOM BATTLENINTENDO32
20NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. U DELUXENINTENDO25
21MARIO PARTY SUPERSTARSNINTENDO26
22FIFA 22ELECTRONIC ARTS22
23F1 22ELECTRONIC ARTS15
24TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: THE COWABUNGA COLLECTIONKONAMI17
25LEGO HARRY POTTER COLLECTIONWARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE23
26POKEMON BRILLIANT DIAMONDNINTENDO28
27CALL OF DUTY: VANGUARDACTIVISION BLIZZARD27
28IMMORTALS FENYX RISINGUBISOFT
29SUPER MARIO ODYSSEYNINTENDO20
30ELDEN RINGBANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT
31POKEMON SWORDNINTENDO35
32MARIO STRIKERS: BATTLE LEAGUE FOOTBALLNINTENDO30
33NEW POKEMON SNAPNINTENDO
34PLAYSTATION VR WORLDSSONY COMPUTER ENT.34
35LUIGI’S MANSION 3NINTENDO39
36RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2TAKE 240
37RAYMAN LEGENDS: DEFINITIVE EDITIONUBISOFT
38LEGO BRAWLSBANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT31
39THE QUARRYTAKE 234
40CRASH BANDICOOT N.SANE TRILOGYACTIVISION BLIZZARD

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It’ll be interesting to see if TLOU remake has a slow burn with its sales. I don’t see if taking off too hot but long game should be good if the HBO series ends up being exceptional.

Reactions: EDMIX and ethomaz

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
It’ll be interesting to see if TLOU remake has a slow burn with its sales. I don’t see if taking off too hot but long game should be good if the HBO series ends up being exceptional.

At the end of f the day sony will just count it into the original game anyway.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

UK Sales: Week 38, 2022 (Sep 19 - Sep 25)​

01 (01) SPLATOON 3 (NINTENDO)
02 (03) MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
03 (NE) STRAY (IAM8BIT)
04 (04) NINTENDO SWITCH SPORTS (NINTENDO)
05 (09) GRAND THEFT AUTO V (ROCKSTAR GAMES)
06 (05) MINECRAFT (NINTENDO)
07 (07) ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS (NINTENDO)
08 (02) HORIZON: FORBIDDEN WEST (SONY INTERACTIVE ENT.)
09 (08) POKEMON LEGENDS: ARCEUS (NINTENDO)
10 (18) LEGO STAR WARS: THE SKYWALKER SAGA (WB GAMES)

The only other new release to enter the charts this week was Square Enix's fantasy strategy game The DioField Chronicle, which launched at No.17.

Splatoon remains the biggest selling boxed game of the week, racking up a third consecutive No.1 despite a 44% drop in sales.

Nintendo also took No.2 with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe rising one place, although sales were down 5% compared to last week.

Two games actually saw healthy rises in sales this week. Grand Theft Auto 5 sold 21% more units and rose from No.9 to No.5, and a retailer promotion boosted Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga by 43%, up from No.18 to No.10.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
PS5 doomed yet because of price increase?

The Hopium were that people would see a 50 dollar price increase and ps5’s would be collecting cob webs on shelves all over the world, completely forgetting it’s been being resold for a 50-100% markup for the last two years.

Nothing short of a war is going to stop the PS5 from selling at this point. People can spread all the FUD they want, Sony knows they wouldn’t be able to raise the price if the demand wasn’t there. They are the only ones that won’t be greatly impacted this holiday by the global economy being in the dumps.

Microsoft will continue to hide their xbox numbers so you don’t see how they subsidize their consoles and gamepass spending. Nintendo will pretend selling their console for 300 dollars in 2022-23 is some kind of pro-consumer move when it should have gotten a price cut already.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
The Hopium were that people would see a 50 dollar price increase and ps5’s would be collecting cob webs on shelves all over the world, completely forgetting it’s been being resold for a 50-100% markup for the last two years.

Nothing short of a war is going to stop the PS5 from selling at this point. People can spread all the FUD they want, Sony knows they wouldn’t be able to raise the price if the demand wasn’t there. They are the only ones that won’t be greatly impacted this holiday by the global economy being in the dumps.

Microsoft will continue to hide their xbox numbers so you don’t see how they subsidize their consoles and gamepass spending. Nintendo will pretend selling their console for 300 dollars in 2022-23 is some kind of pro-consumer move when it should have gotten a price cut already.
The fifa bundle in europe right now is showing how much most people really care about the price increase.

Take for example in the uk go to sites like argos and smyths and they dropped ps5 fifa bundles today costing £540, shit is selling out within hours.

Now go and check a much cheaper xbox series s and x and still in stock, you can actually see stock levels of ps5s in stores on smyths website.

They even have xbox series s + fifa 23 for £250, nowhere near selling out compared to a ps5 more than double the price.