UK Sales Charts

Remij

Banned
10 Jul 2022
Even this reply by Chris is missing important context.

Arceus launched on a console that had sold more than 100 million units.

TLOU Part 1 is launching on a console that has only sold 20 million units.
Well, according to Ethomaz, it's not actually a new game... so you add the 20M+ units of the PS3 and PS4 versions, PLUS what it sells on PS5...

So this is absolutely undoubtedly the best selling game in the franchise. It's taken 9+ years of sales to get to this point!

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Retail sales charts are obsolete btw.

A decent indicator but not … because digital is primary buying method and … online games LOLs

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Retail sales charts are obsolete btw.

A decent indicator but not … because digital is primary buying method and … online games LOLs
Yeah, but that gives us directionally accurate numbers.

Because we know the average physical : digital split, we can safely extrapolate these numbers to figure out total sales and demand of games.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Yeah, but that gives us directionally accurate numbers.

Because we know the average physical : digital split, we can safely extrapolate these numbers to figure out total sales and demand of games.

Sorta.

Let’s use Horizon sequel as an example…. It’s doing better because of bundles. I don’t expect its digital sales to also mirror that success at retail. You wouldn’t be able to project those accurately.

I would like if Sony gave us some better metrics themselves. Similar to most played charts. We have something on their store pages but not the same…

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Sorta.

Let’s use Horizon sequel as an example…. It’s doing better because of bundles. I don’t expect its digital sales to also mirror that success at retail. You wouldn’t be able to project those accurately.

I would like if Sony gave us some better metrics themselves. Similar to most played charts. We have something on their store pages but not the same…
Yeah, but most games don't get bundles, so this data serves its purpose for all those games.

And Sony does reveal numbers in the end (more often than not) when they hit certain milestones. Doesn't do any good for weekly, monthly tracking though lol

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

UK Sales: Week 35, 2022 (Aug 29 - Sep 04)​

01 (NE) THE LAST OF US: PART I (SONY INTERACTIVE ENT.)
02 (02) HORIZON: FORBIDDEN WEST (SONY INTERACTIVE ENT.)
03 (NE) TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: THE COWABUNGA COLLECTION (KONAMI)
04 (NE) F1 MANAGER 2022 (EA SPORTS)
05 (04) MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)
06 (02) SAINTS ROW (DEEP SILVER)
07 (03) NINTENDO SWITCH SPORTS (NINTENDO)
08 (10) LEGO STAR WARS: THE SKYWALKER SAGA (WB GAMES)
09 (06) POKEMON LEGENDS: ARCEUS (NINTENDO)
10 (05) ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS (NINTENDO)

Announced earlier this year, the game is a complete rebuild of the 2013 PlayStation 3 hit, with updated contents and mechanics, additional content (including the acclaimed Left Behind DLC) and expanded accessibility options.

It sold around half the number of copies that Saints Row managed when it debuted at No.1 last week. That said, it's worth noting Volition's reboot launched on a Tuesday while The Last of Us took a more traditional Friday slot. And, as always, these are only accounting for physical sales.

Saints Row saw an 80% drop in sales compared to last week and falls to No.6.

The Last of Us: Part 1 was the biggest launch out of five new titles, as the industry's output ramps up in the run-up to Christmas.

Also debuting this week was Konami's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection at No.3, Frontier Developments' F1 Manager 2022 at No.4, THQ Nordic's Destroy All Humans! 2: Reprobed at No.16 and Bandai Namco's Lego Brawls at No.30.

PlayStation's Horizon: Forbidden West held onto No.2, despite a 46% drop in sales since lase week.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

[UKERA] UK’s Best-Selling Physical Entertainment Formats – 2022​

1. Nintendo Switch | £88,650,439
  2. Vinyl Albums | £80,934,220
  3. PlayStation (4/5) | £79,582,333
  4. CD Albums | £68,851,246
  5. DVD | £66,823,596
  6. Blu-ray | £52,148,024
  7. Xbox (Series/One) | £17,784,159
  8. PC | £579,986
Rvq0avH.png

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022

[UKERA] UK’s Best-Selling Physical Entertainment Formats – 2022​

1. Nintendo Switch | £88,650,439
  2. Vinyl Albums | £80,934,220
  3. PlayStation (4/5) | £79,582,333
  4. CD Albums | £68,851,246
  5. DVD | £66,823,596
  6. Blu-ray | £52,148,024
  7. Xbox (Series/One) | £17,784,159
  8. PC | £579,986
Rvq0avH.png
Xbox series software is abysmal according to that list.

Reactions: Hobbygaming

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Not sure if new thread or not.

This is a massive jump.

I keep telling y'all; Sony is going to flood the market this Holiday season on the back of two big releases (TLOU, GOWR), a kickass PlayStation Showcase, and the promise of amazing PS VR 2 upcoming games.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
This is a massive jump.

I keep telling y'all; Sony is going to flood the market this Holiday season on the back of two big releases (TLOU, GOWR), a kickass PlayStation Showcase, and the promise of amazing PS VR 2 upcoming games.
I just hope they have enough stock to break records. This will easily be a huge holiday for PS5 if the supply is there!

Reactions: Hezekiah

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
This is a massive jump.

18 million this fiscal year will be insane, what's crazy is they are already reaching no .1 console sold in places like UK with stock shortages. whilst xsx and switch are widely available.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
18 million this fiscal year will be insane, what's crazy is they are already reaching no .1 console sold in places like UK with stock shortages. whilst xsx and switch are widely available.
Yep. They will now be shipping 1.7 million units per month, instead of 0.8 million units per month until now. That'll give PlayStation a huge edge this Holiday.

Reactions: Hobbygaming
24 Jun 2022

That is pretty interesting. The way I see it, there was probably less competition in terms of new releases for Saint's Row on the Xbox platforms compared to it on PS platforms, so it had a better "spotlight" so to speak. on Xbox where less games to compete with drew people's attention to Saint's Row.

At least that's one theory. The other two are that either more of the Saints Row audience are on Xbox (I know the original games were more popular on 360 than PS3, in fact the first few games were exclusive to 360 for a long time it seems like. I don't even remember when Gat Out Of Hell came out for PS4 (I think it skipped PS3?), but I did play that on 360. I know it's been a long time since a new Saints Row, but there's precedent more of that game's audience could be on Xbox console-wise.

The only other explanation is that Saints Row was one of the games available to pick up for 'free' with Series S consoles. Elden Ring was one of the other games. Since those aren't technically hard bundles I think the game would be counted as part of the sales, it's just there's probably a voucher at check-out to write off the cost of the game once it's been rung up as purchased, or something like that. MS started that promotion at least since the middle of August, it's even here in the U.S so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a similar one in the U.K.

A massive jump from a very slow month. Still down compared to 2021. Sony indeed has to flood the market if they want to reach 18m this fiscal year.

Don't worry, I'm sure Sony have their holiday supply ready to go for Fall and Winter. The important thing is they've seen strong enough increases in stock to start making up for paltry supply earlier this year, and it's only getting better.

Even Series X is easily available there? Dang; I know Series S units are, those are pretty easily available everywhere tbh. But I'm guessing in some spots Series X unit supply has started stabilizing but the demand could be tapering off.

Time will tell of course, as always.