UK Sales: Starfield Premium Edition debuts at number seven

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
loja-esta-vendendo-starfield-no-ps4-e-ps5-mas-o-jogo-nao-sera-lancado-no-console-da-sony-080200.jpg

Hogwarts Legacy has returned to the top of the UK boxed charts, following a 228% spike in sales week-on-week.

As reported by GfK, a retailer promotion has seen sales increase across all formats for the Warner Bros. title, the highest on PS5 at 266% followed by Xbox Series X|S at 249%.

Meanwhile, Starfield's premium edition upgrade — essentially a box with a download code that unlocks early access to the digital edition — debuted at No.7 following early access on Friday last week. The full game will be released on September 6.

LjOAmHx.png

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Strong debut on MS’ own pc storefront so far. 3 SKUs being tracked and taking up spots 1, 3 and 17. These are updated daily. It has not appeared on Xbox most played charts yet. It might with an update to the charts later today but those measure weekly accumulated hours.

Windows:

Not really saying much if it is Microsofts own storefront.

7th in UK chart even if Early access is pretty average.

Armored Core is above it which was released 2 weeks ago.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Not really saying much if it is Microsofts own storefront.

7th in UK chart even if Early access is pretty average.

Armored Core is above it which was released 2 weeks ago.

Are you claiming that they would manipulate their own storefront numbers?

Windows store performance is worth watching here due to gamepass availability on pc. It’s very likely this is where most casual pc players will engage with it, where it’s free.

Windows store performance hasn’t been worth looking at since Halo Infinite’s campaign release. Steam performance stayed relevant for Halo due to pvp being carved out in f2p.

This is far more important of a release than Halo was to steal steam users (because no one actually cares about Halo anymore). It won’t work but it’s still an attempt.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

Windows store performance is worth watching here due to gamepass availability on pc. It’s very likely this is where most casual pc players will engage with it, where it’s free.

Windows store performance hasn’t been worth looking at since Halo Infinite’s campaign release. Steam performance stayed relevant for Halo due to pvp being carved out in f2p.

This is far more important of a release than Halo was to steal steam users (because no one actually cares about Halo anymore). It won’t work but it’s still an attempt.
More like nobody buys games on Windows Store unless it is a Microsoft game.
And even Microsoft games sells way better on Steam than Windows Store.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It will hard to Starfield get the 1st place in physical chart when PC is basically 100% digital and Xbox doesn't buy games anymore.
The first place is not high numbers in that slow moment.

BTW Baldur Gate 3 PS5 will be first next week imo.

Reactions: Hezekiah and Box

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
More like nobody buys games on Windows Store unless it is a Microsoft game.
And even Microsoft games sells way better on Steam than Windows Store.

It’s still gamespass on pc thru windows. No reason for the casual audience on pc to buy it at all when you can sub to rent it on gamepass. It’s minuscule compared to steam but that’s where most play Forza or Flight Simulator. It’s most often not a notable metric but it is relevant here. It’s yet to be seen but a large portion of pc players will also wait for gamepass release.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It’s still gamespass on pc thru. No reason for the casual audience on pc to buy it at all when you can sub to rent it on gamepass. It’s minuscule compared to steam but that’s where most play Forza or Flight Simulator. It’s most often not a notable metric but it is relevant here. It’s yet to be seen but a large portion of pc players will also wait for gamepass release.
Not sure here but I have the impression Steam users buys way more Microsoft games than Gamepass PC subs play them.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Not sure here but I have the impression Steam users buys way more Microsoft games than Gamepass PC subs play them.

Most played Halo Infinite campaign on windows than opt to buy in on steam. Halo Infinite features cross save across all interfaces so more than likely PvP crowd is mostly on steam.

Steam users have to buy MS games. Gamepass is not compatible with steam . You do realize Starfield is on gamepass for PC right? Game sales for MS games are dead.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
Nice. These are the things I am curious about regarding Starfield. In my mind, Starfield should debut in the top 3 after its actual release, anything lower would be a sign of the Game Pass Damage to the game sales and the fact that the most important RPG of the last 10 years is not doing the job it's supposed to be doing. There is a data point in which the series console had 1000% demand increase on Amazon. But is early days...

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Most played Halo Infinite campaign on windows than opt to buy in on steam. Halo Infinite features cross save across all interfaces so more than likely PvP crowd is mostly on steam.

Steam users have to buy MS games. Gamepass is not compatible with steam . You do realize Starfield is on gamepass for PC right? Game sales for MS games are dead.
Games sales for Xbox is indeed dead.
But I still believe Starfield will sell the most on PC Steam (and it will be played most there... way more than on Gamepass PC).

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Games sales for Xbox is indeed dead.
But I still believe Starfield will sell the most on PC Steam.

Of course it’s going to “sell” most on steam. They’re not trying to sell anything but gamepass to sway users to their own storefront. This is their biggest swing with that yet. I don’t think it’ll work since they would’ve made more money actually selling the game at full msrp than gamepass subs 🤣

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Of course it’s going to “sell” most on steam. They’re not trying to sell anything but gamepass to sway users to their own storefront.
Maybe I made my point incorrectly... I tried to fix my previous post.

What I'm saying is that way more people will play StarField on Steam than Gamepass PC... and when I way it is really a huge gap.
That means way more people will choose to buy the game at full price on Steam than subscribe to PC Gamepass.

Windows Store is really that irrelevant with or without Gamepass.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

Did you really get that from what I said?

What competition does it have on that store and who is buying on it?

If it was Steam you might have a point.

gtjay1982

26 Jul 2023
It will hard to Starfield get the 1st place in physical chart when PC is basically 100% digital and Xbox doesn't buy games anymore.
The first place is not high numbers in that slow moment.

BTW Baldur Gate 3 PS5 will be first next week imo.

Don’t think there is a physical release for BG3.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Nice. These are the things I am curious about regarding Starfield. In my mind, Starfield should debut in the top 3 after its actual release, anything lower would be a sign of the Game Pass Damage to the game sales and the fact that the most important RPG of the last 10 years is not doing the job it's supposed to be doing. There is a data point in which the series console had 1000% demand increase on Amazon. But is early days...

Nah, it should debut in the top spot amongst their primary usebase. Even High on Life got to no. 3. This is their biggest release yet. Even Halo made it to number 1 for a few days I think. How long it can hold in top 10 will be interesting to see.

Edit: oh you meant retail? My bad…

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Strong debut on MS’ own pc storefront so far. 3 SKUs being tracked and taking up spots 1, 3 and 17. These are updated daily. It has not appeared on Xbox most played charts yet. It might with an update to the charts later today but those measure weekly accumulated hours.

Windows:

No one uses the microsoft store on PC. It's a horrible experience.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
I can guarantee you it won’t be any better than 7 when it launches on GP.