UK Sales: Starfield Premium Edition debuts at number seven

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Seems low for a $30 upgrade on the second biggest Xbox market. Like a few hundred copies?
It's the full price $100+ whatever edition. This would be good placement for a premium ed if it were accompanied by a standard ed. Being the only way to play skews it

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
It's the full price $100+ whatever edition. This would be good placement for a premium ed if it were accompanied by a standard ed. Being the only way to play skews it
It says upgrade edition and the upgrade was only $30.

It's a very convoluted release with many editions. They were desperate to make any money via traditional sales.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

EightC

11 Jul 2022
It says upgrade edition and the upgrade was only $30.

It's a very convoluted release with many editions. They were desperate to make any money via traditional sales.
Yeah it was an awful way to handle it. I think the upgrade was for the Gamepass version. I know here is Canada on Steam Premium edition with tax was like $145 which is insane imo. Not only that I know on Steam many people abusing the pre-order refund policy because a lot of people got early access and then refunded it during the pre-order/EA phase and Steam has been accepting them because the 2 hour refund window doesn't apply during pre-order/EA phase..

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Are you claiming that they would manipulate their own storefront numbers?

Windows store performance is worth watching here due to gamepass availability on pc. It’s very likely this is where most casual pc players will engage with it, where it’s free.

Windows store performance hasn’t been worth looking at since Halo Infinite’s campaign release. Steam performance stayed relevant for Halo due to pvp being carved out in f2p.

This is far more important of a release than Halo was to steal steam users (because no one actually cares about Halo anymore). It won’t work but it’s still an attempt.
Nobody buys games on MS storefront, so yeah, it means nothing.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
To be fair, they have been trying to manipulate review scores of the game by making sure that only "Selected, goodwill ambassadors, none critical people" got the review codes early.

Just Saying Amanda Seales GIF by NBC

Gamer Chair GIF by Newskill Gaming

I was thinking recently about how I've seen people say they no longer rely on written (journalist) reviews for games and instead look to YT. I've seen videos praising or criticizing or mocking Starfield - there's freedom there to just tell it like it is. Of course, there are exceptions, but I hope corporations keep their claws out of that because thanks to MS and companies like them - Metacritic is useless as a way to gauge game quality.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
You don't have to pay $100 for it? Only $30 on top of gamepass sub?
That's right. They made a physical and a digital edition of that upgrade as a way to make extra money from Game Pass users that want to play the real "Day 1" date of August 31. Here's a list of all the editions.

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
It will hard to Starfield get the 1st place in physical chart when PC is basically 100% digital and Xbox doesn't buy games anymore.
The first place is not high numbers in that slow moment.

BTW Baldur Gate 3 PS5 will be first next week imo.
Isn't BG3 digital only? Doesn't this chart track exclusively physical release ? I know that an empty box with a code is a " physical release" but I thought PSN was the only way to buy BG3 ? Have been announced other options ?

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I was thinking recently about how I've seen people say they no longer rely on written (journalist) reviews for games and instead look to YT. I've seen videos praising or criticizing or mocking Starfield - there's freedom there to just tell it like it is. Of course, there are exceptions, but I hope corporations keep their claws out of that because thanks to MS and companies like them - Metacritic is useless as a way to gauge game quality.
You just wait till Microsft buys this site and makes us their bitches.

A monthly salary of 1 million dollars to declare "Starfield is a perfect 10 incoming"

Starship Troopers GIF

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
You just wait till Microsft buys this site and makes us their bitches.

A monthly salary of 1 million dollars to declare "Starfield is a perfect 10 incoming"

Starship Troopers GIF
Sheesh, that makes me want to start my own xbox shill website

• haha
Reactions: Sircaw

Arminius

19 May 2023
“Starfield: A glitch free masterpiece!”

Also known as ‘Garfield.’