[UK Sales]Street Fighter 6 sold 52% on PS5, 23% on PC, 17% on Xbox, and 7% on PS4 (Physical + Digital)

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Main reason FF16 isn’t selling as well as FF15 is because FF15 was garbage.

FF8 outsold FF7 during the launch window. Why do you think that happened?

Clue is in my first paragraph.
FF16 made me redownload FF15 and i'm actually enjoying 15 more. Main reason is single smaller platform vs multiple platforms.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
its also hilarious how people keep ignoring the fact that XV came out during the holidays, it got a big christmas bump

Its way easier to sell a game when everyones already spending a lot of money and inside versus the beginning of summer with a bunch of other major releases.

ToTK, Diablo, and SF6 coming out right before FFXVI definitely had a mild effect on it, i bought two of those games. I bet most people that are interested in a character action-rpg like FFXVI probably bought at least one of them also.

Most people just aren’t spending 140+ dollars in a single month on gaming.

Also, again, FF16 is still selling well so this doesn’t even make sense. Being down by 500k units from FF7 the most hotly anticipated remake of all time is not a bad start.

Most games, AAA or not are just not selling 3 million units its first week. FF16 is the 5th fastest selling game this year including sports titles

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
its also hilarious how people keep ignoring the fact that XV came out during the holidays, it got a big christmas bump

Its way easier to sell a game when everyones already spending a lot of money and inside versus the beginning of summer with a bunch of other major releases.

ToTK, Diablo, and SF6 coming out right before FFXVI definitely had a mild effect on it, i bought two of those games. I bet most people that are interested in a character action-rpg like FFXVI probably bought at least one of them also.

Most people just aren’t spending 140+ dollars in a single month on gaming.

Also, again, FF16 is still selling well so this doesn’t even make sense. Being down by 500k units from FF7 the most hotly anticipated remake of all time is not a bad start.

Most games, AAA or not are just not selling 3 million units its first week. FF16 is the 5th fastest selling game this year including sports titles
FF7R also had twice bigger install size in japan and 3x in WW.

Reactions: Remember_Spinal