UK sales: Week 42, 2023 - Physical sales numbers for Spidey 2 and Wonder.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Ragnarok was also on ps4 and at least 20 percent of all ps5 consoles are digital only.

Well, when I pointed this out people were saying it didn't really matter because GoW sales were mostly on PS5.

So yeah, big oof. An even bigger oof if it sells less than SM in its first week.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: anonpuffs

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I would imagine digital is massive for SM2, Gamestop doesn't exist in Ireland anymore and many Tescos and other places don't do physical games anymore either...

So you couldn't even sell as much to retailers now. Not to mention to actual customers.
Digital will be massive many wanted to play at 12:00 a.m. And not wait! I was one of them. Half my friends list is playing Spidey.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Well, when I pointed this out people were saying it didn't really matter because GoW sales were mostly on PS5.

So yeah, big oof. An even bigger oof if it sells less than SM in its first week.
Gow released on a Wednesday while spider man was Friday. Unless you’re someone’s alt and I’m not caught up to speed on you’re schtick yet.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
20% is so small, an extra day and a few people buying on PS4 would be enough to explain the difference.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023

It’s always the anime nerds with the bad takes. Lol

• brain
Reactions: Snes nes

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
I know some people still love physical and I‘m one of them. But more and more people are buying their games digital. It’s more convenient and you can preload the game days earlier and play right at midnight, instead of going to the store or waiting for delivery the next day. SM2 and Mario Wonder are going to do huge numbers digitally.

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
19fd1cb16f5a9ed05df65f2e46694945.jpg

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
If this sells less than ragnarok... Big oof.
It will have longer legs as all the Spidermen games have so far, but I wouldn't be surprised to see lesser launch numbers than SM1, since I've been saying for a while the marketing for this game has been very lackluster. The Spiderman IP will always sell itself but this launch should've been the biggest thing ever.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It will have longer legs as all the Spidermen games have so far, but I wouldn't be surprised to see lesser launch numbers than SM1, since I've been saying for a while the marketing for this game has been very lackluster. The Spiderman IP will always sell itself but this launch should've been the biggest thing ever.
It will only sell less as I mentioned before because of smaller install on PS5 but it will have legs.