Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Next thing we know it'll be the Saudi Prince saying "So long, Gay Bowser!"

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
How is this woke? LOL.
"We also call for limiting the distribution of this game in other countries due to its toxicity,.... as well as the potential use of money raised from game purchases to wage war against Ukraine."

Aka "Someone come and slap the big bad game company down for us, so we can play victim over here."

If there's evidence/proof, or something like that, let's see it. Otherwise STFU Ukraine.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
Ignored.

We're only into the second month into this year and it seems like every game release has come with some fake outrage attached to it. (forpsoken, hogwarts, now atomic heart). Just play games people and let others enjoy things.
I agree, never though games would become so political and used as ammo. With so many issues in the world, somehow people found a way to try to ruin the fun of a hobby.

Anyway, Ukraine can ban the game in their country but the reasoning the devs have not expressed objection against the war is weird, everyone knows when you are in a type of dictatorship, people do not have freedom of expression.

This decade will be known in history as the time we spend time arguing or getting angry at little things while we missed the bigger picture of the world we live in.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
"We also call for limiting the distribution of this game in other countries due to its toxicity,.... as well as the potential use of money raised from game purchases to wage war against Ukraine."

Aka "Someone come and slap the big bad game company down for us, so we can play victim over here."

If there's evidence/proof, or something like that, let's see it. Otherwise STFU Ukraine.

Ukraine is a right wing state. It's not woke. That's all.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
My two cents.

If the publishers actively come out in support of the Russian invasion of Ukraine on platforms such as Twitter/facebook etc then ban them.

If there is any documentation inside the game, certain pro-Russian narratives, ie letters and voice recorders that portray Russian propaganda in Ukraine as positive, then ban them.

If there are any finical direct links, or donations from said studio to the Russian administration, Ban them.

If not, let them be, not all Russians are bad people.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
Ukraine is a right wing state. It's not woke. That's all.
The idea of trying to disadvantage/silence/kill something you don't like by serepticiously playing victim and attempting to have others step-in and do the dirty work for you, is woke playbook as fuck.

Is there a phrase for when non-woke people/entities co-op the same strategies and try to silence others in similar manner?

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
The idea of trying to disadvantage/silence/kill something you don't like by serepticiously playing victim and attempting to have others step-in and do the dirty work for you, is woke playbook as fuck.

Is there a phrase for when non-woke people/entities co-op the same strategies and try to silence others in similar manner?
Err, you know Ukraine is being attacked? Russian and Ukrainian people are victims in this nonsense war.

Being “woke” is an American thing. The rest of the world doesn’t behave or is influenced by it.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

That's what both "woke" and "conservatives" do. Also...

Being “woke” is an American thing. The rest of the world doesn’t behave or is influenced by it.

what she said yes GIF by TipsyElves.com

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I wasn't planning on buying this game but I am very tempted now

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Spreading Russian propaganda….

Quick someone ban CoD for decades of being a recruitment tool of the military industrial complex and the American war machine.

That’ll show em!

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75
D

Deleted member 417

I agree, never though games would become so political and used as ammo. With so many issues in the world, somehow people found a way to try to ruin the fun of a hobby.

Anyway, Ukraine can ban the game in their country but the reasoning the devs have not expressed objection against the war is weird, everyone knows when you are in a type of dictatorship, people do not have freedom of expression.

This decade will be known in history as the time we spend time arguing or getting angry at little things while we missed the bigger picture of the world we live in.
It has been going on for years, the only difference is that journalists in the gaming industry are so crap at their job, that they need to make clickbait articles to bring in revenue streams from non-gamers - seems as most games journalists didn't evolve to writing about games through years of been in the hobby, and rather going the journalist route because it's popular and carries some online e-points.

Hot Coffee, No Russian, Jack Thompson and Nazi depictions in Wolfenstein banned in Germany are all political talking points that have nothing to do with video games - a land of fictional characters.

Unfortunately, short of an industry crash or a new lucrative fad to draw normies and politic-loving no-lifes away from gaming, those people are here to stay.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
For no other reason than attempting to censor something, they can go get fuckedwhat censorship?

They’ve been asked if they have received money from the Russian government and they have refused to comment directly on that. That’s kinda proof enough. If they haven’t been funded by gasprom or any other entity with Russian state connections why won’t they give a straight ironclad denial!
Also Putins government has been pushing for Russia to develop a strong domestic industry so it would make sense if they are invested in studios like mundfish and they could stand to benefit it the game makes money.

D

Deleted member 417

They’ve been asked if they have received money from the Russian government and they have refused to comment directly on that. That’s kinda proof enough. If they haven’t been funded by gasprom or any other entity with Russian state connections why won’t they give a straight ironclad denial!
Also Putins government has been pushing for Russia to develop a strong domestic industry so it would make sense if they are invested in studios like mundfish and they could stand to benefit it the game makes money.
I appreciate the information and reply. However, it's just a video game. I couldn't give a rats arse if it was made by Hitler. If it was an interesting and fun game, I'm going to play it. On the flip side, if Jesus himself made a game and it was crap, I wouldn't play it.

It's a computer game. A fictional story using fictional characters in a fictional world.

• fire
Reactions: ksdixon
Status
Not open for further replies.