Until Dawn 2 in development @ Firesprite

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
They've only made one successful franchise. I can't put them in the same tier as Naughty Dog who made Crash Bandicoot, Jak and Daxter (including Crash Team Racing and Jak X), Uncharted and TLOU.

Santa Monica has made 5 successful games, only two massively successful games (2018 and Ragnarok).

They can't be in the same tier. We'll see what they do with their new IP, but they have a lot of catching up to do in order to be with Naughty Dog.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
great a sequel to a movie "game", why focus on gameplay when you can shit out push stick forward once every 5 mins type of media

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
great a sequel to a movie "game", why focus on gameplay when you can shit out push stick forward once every 5 mins type of media
There is an audience for these kinda games and Sony did a shit job somewhat abandoning the genre after being the ones to truly bring into being super mainstream.

I dunno why you guys act like everything must cater to you.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
There is an audience for these kinda games and Sony did a shit job somewhat abandoning the genre after being the ones to truly bring into being super mainstream.

At the end of the day these guys are children. They think whatever games they want remastered are what Sony should remaster. They think they dictate the market.

Same reason why they go off non stop about PC ports or Concord.

I was never going to play Concord. I don't play GaaS games, but I can understand why Sony is investing in live service games. Anyone with vision can understand.

Reactions: Danja

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024

And catering to these types of audiences is the reason sony games get lapped by nintendo software and now they are releasing games on pc to make "margins". No innovative gameplay nor any emergent game design in any of their games this gen but sure cater to push stick forward once every 5 mins crowd

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
And catering to these types of audiences is the reason sony games get lapped by nintendo software and now they are releasing games on pc to make "margins". No innovative gameplay nor any emergent game design in any of their games this gen but sure cater to push stick forward once every 5 mins crowd

Can you explain how delivering games that people want developed by 3rd party studios is the reason why sony is getting "lapped?"

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Can you explain how delivering games that people want developed by 3rd party studios is the reason why sony is getting "lapped?"
Will you delete your account if this trash remake bombs Chat GPT? I expect to see at least a million sold considering its " a game" people want.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
There's no way you can tell me Games like Heavy Rain or Detroit Become Human weren't innovative. These games sold millions for a reason