Until Dawn coming to PS5 and PC on October 4th.

OP
OP
Orangee

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
I think you mean from PS+ Catalog 😅
I am actually surprised that they still are keeping it there. Perhaps they will only take the originals down when they remaster them, not remake, since Horizon Zero Dawn has been taken off ahead of the upcoming remaster.

Then I suppose I'll have to buy Gravity Rush 2 digitaly soon, before they stop putting it on sales and kick it out of the extra catalogue, just like they did It with Spiderman and now doing It with Horizon.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I am actually surprised that they still are keeping it there. Perhaps they will only take the originals down when they remaster them, not remake, since Horizon Zero Dawn has been taken off ahead of the upcoming remaster.

Then I suppose I'll have to buy Gravity Rush 2 digitaly soon, before they stop putting it on sales and kick it out of the extra catalogue, just like they did It with Spiderman and now doing It with Horizon.
Yeah I fully expect to see Until Dawn leaving the catalog next month. It's a slimely business practice by them but the game is also old... So I guess everyone who wanted to try it has already done so

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I'll get the ps5 version on an Extremely steep discount in the future because I own the game on PS4 already & this version isn't worth more than a standard £10 upgrade fee to me (I feel the same way about the last of us part 1)

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KvallyX
25 Jul 2022
Never got round to playing this originally on PS4 but have always been intrigued might give it a try.

PS releasing more PC games than PS console exclusive. And they said to expect only 1 major title for PS console per year. Nintendo gonna wipe Sony/PS off the playing field. Nintendo over here releasing a minimum of 5+ Nintendo games & in the last few years of the life cycle for the Switch there releasing like what 3-4 Nintendo games using there own ip from key franchise.

Don't mean to be padantic but you have misremembered Hermen's plans the quote is "we plan to have at least one tentpole single-player launch during the holiday season" every year. He's talking specifically about the holiday season and could be more than one title.

There solely for the PC crowd. Wasting investment capital & time where they could be making a new game from a existing ip, a new ip or a remake/remaster of a more meaningful game for the actual PS console bolstering the lackluster PS5 generation. Seriously what exclusive does PS & PS5 even have, seems like there’s more PS PC game then actual exclusive from first party/ip own for the PS5 itself.

I genuinely don’t understand how Sony will be able to sell people on PS6 with the lackluster first party output & them releasing PC port. Looks like PS6 will be the first PS console that I fully skip unless it’s somehow extremely cheap just for physical but even then Nintendo console is a better choice since it’s cheap has the same PS 3rd party + it has true permanent exclusive games unlike PS or Xbox.

I've owned all PS consoles and never played the original PS4 game statistically I won't be alone + newcomers from PC + the 30% of PS5 owners that never owned a PS4 at all + IP relevancy before the upcoming Until Dawn film that spurs further software sales so it'll be worth the investment.

Also why do you stay with PS? You don't like the remakes, the PC ports or the first party lineup. One guarantee is PC ports will continue next-gen they may even have expanded to Mac by then. Point is, it's not changing and gaming should be a fun hobby so if I were you just sell up now and invest in a Switch and some games. Otherwise you'll be banging your head against a wall for eternity.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
it looks significantly better, if its a 10 dollar upgrade i might buy it as I’ve only played through it once. If not, I’m cool

Reactions: KvallyX

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
There solely for the PC crowd. Wasting investment capital & time where they could be making a new game from a existing ip, a new ip or a remake/remaster of a more meaningful game for the actual PS console bolstering the lackluster PS5 generation. Seriously what exclusive does PS & PS5 even have, seems like there’s more PS PC game then actual exclusive from first party/ip own for the PS5 itself.

I genuinely don’t understand how Sony will be able to sell people on PS6 with the lackluster first party output & them releasing PC port. Looks like PS6 will be the first PS console that I fully skip unless it’s somehow extremely cheap just for physical but even then Nintendo console is a better choice since it’s cheap has the same PS 3rd party + it has true permanent exclusive games unlike PS or Xbox.
PS6 most likely will have
Even less games
Never ending crossgen period
All Sony games on PC day one
Sounds great 🤡

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
it looks significantly better, if its a 10 dollar upgrade i might buy it as I’ve only played through it once. If not, I’m cool
They're treating this as a full remake, so there won;t be an upgrade path, I think. Full $70 release, I'm afraid.

Also, if Billy leaves the ecosystem, what what would he complain about all the time?

• haha
Reactions: Remember_Spinal

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I’m not sure the new one looks better. Yes better tech and assets, but the comparison where scenes are deliberately framed in a cinematic way in original look wide and gamey in the new one.

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
Best to get out of the eco system now while you still can
Don't worry as soon as the Switch 2 comes out I'm gonna buy it and I'll go from there.
Also, if Billy leaves the ecosystem, what what would he complain about all the time?
The scenario that I described look that unrealistic to you? Feel free to bookmark my post so in around 4 years you can pull it out and show how wrong I was.

• Shake
Reactions: Remember_Spinal

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
This was a Decima game.
Going to UE5 is a zero brain cells move.
And they will probably censor some of it. I am that negative today :p

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Welcome to Unreal Engine…
It indeed has that plastic / gamey look.
I don't understand why they downgraded the game engine. Decima as seen in Horizon FW and upcoming DS2 shows superior graphics and sure much better performance.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
PS releasing more PC games than PS console exclusive.
Bullshit, every year releases more PS only games than PC ports, the amount of PS only games keeps growing year after year despite the PC ports.

As an example, this year Sony releases on PS and not in PC TLOU2R, Stellar Blade, Rise of the Ronin, MLB, Astro Bot and Convallaria. While there's only 3 only ports of PS games to PC for this year: HFW, GoT and GoWR.

And this is only counting first party games, if we add the 3rd party PS exclusives (some of them paid by Sony) that are not available on PC, or even the console only multiplatform games that don't get a PC version, the number grows even more.

And they said to expect only 1 major title for PS console per year.
No, Hermen said that for the future they "plan to release at least 1 new 'tentpole' title each holiday season".

Meaning:
  • They can release more than one tentpole per holiday season
  • He didn't say 'major', he said 'tentpole'. Meaning in the holidays season they can also release 'experimental' or 'transformational' games on that holiday season, which could also be major.
  • He was talking about the holidays season only. So they can release more major, tentpole, transformational, experimental games during the rest of the year
As a reference, Sony has like a dozen releases planned (many of them already released) for 2024 instead of just only one major game.

They had this slide, but when talking basically said that tentpole are basically the big single player blockbusters and transformational are the MP GaaS, while experimental are smaller titles to expand or experiment with new (for them) audiences:
image.png

As examples he mentioned Spider-Man 2 as tentpole and Helldivers 2 as transformational. He didn't mention them but I assume Lego Horizon and Astro Bot count for them as experimental.

Last edited: