Until Dawn film in the works by Screen Gems and PlayStation Productions

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Filmmaker David F. Sandberg, who has spent the last several years in the land of superheroes, is returning to his horror roots.

The Shazam! helmer has signed a deal to direct Until Dawn, an adaptation of the PlayStation horror video game being made by Screen Gems and PlayStation Productions. All three units fall under the Sony corporate umbrella.

Gary Dauberman, the screenwriter behind hit horror franchises It, Annabelle and The Nun, is doing a pass on the a script originally written by Blair Butler, who previously wrote Sony’s vampire thriller, The Invitation.

Reactions: John Elden Ring

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Horror movie about that's probably going to feature hot young adults getting shanked?
Be reasonable with your budget and it'll turn a profit.
Horror movies right now are doing very well compared to all the other kinds of big blockbusters which are increasingly a risky endeavour.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Horror movie about that's probably going to feature hot young adults getting shanked?
Be reasonable with your budget and it'll turn a profit.
Horror movies right now are doing very well compared to all the other kinds of big blockbusters which are increasingly a risky endeavour.
It's because they are less filled with fluff and idealogical and political pandering. The Marvel movies bombing as of late are for a reason and I'm glad.

Kx11

Banned
7 Jan 2024
Katar
flickr.com
Took them long enough, that game was designed to be a movie-like so then a live movie follows it but it didn't?? weird

Anyhow i hope they make Dark Pictures The Devil in me and Little Hope into a movie