|UP| 2/21/24 Final Fantasy VII Rebirth demo "Dawn of New Era" now includes the Junon region. Visual quality improvements also added.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
2/21/24 update

Junon area demo- Visual quality improvements in Performance mode!

The patch will be available for download from 12pm (4am PST / 7am EST / 1pm CET) on PS5.

The update in question will bring improved visual quality in performance mode.
In addition, players will be able to explore the open world by accessing the Junon region. This will feature more challenging combat.

Leaked several days ago and now confirmed as part of Sony's latest State of Play broadcast, the playable demo for Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth is available to download from the PS Store. It weighs in at a whopping 48.6GB, which is huge for a pre-release peek.

The demo itself will take you through Rebirth's prologue, as Cloud joins Sephiroth on an expedition through Nifelheim and its surrounding mountains, before checking in on the local mako reactor. And yes, you do get to play as Sephiroth. Beating the prologue in the demo allows you to skip the same section in the full game.

What's more, the demo will be updated between now and the full launch of Rebirth on the 29th February. Said update will add an explorable area around Junon, allowing you to delve a little deeper into the game's open world and combat mechanics.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
So there will be more to play, stay tuned for that update.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I completed the first demo: it's great, we have another classic and goty candidate here.

Polyh3dron

31 Jan 2024
the mad lads did it, this demo is great. Wish I hadn't been marathoning VII Remake on PC at 4K 120 FPS beforehand though, this looks godawful in comparison, even if there are fewer stutters.

Bring on the PS5 Pro.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I played about 20 minutes of the demo and had to put it down, it felt like I was spoiling myself for the full game. I already know it's going to be great, couldn't stop smiling throughout the entire time. Also is that Zack's VA in Cloud's flashback? Great touch if true

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I completed the first demo: it's great, we have another classic and goty candidate here.

Yeah, if the whole game keeps up good pacing and is of similar quality as we've seen from the snippets we've been shown, the game will be a VERY strong GotY candidate.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
The patch will be available for download from 12pm (4am PST / 7am EST / 1pm CET) on PS5.

The update in question will bring improved visual quality in performance mode.
In addition, players will be able to explore the open world by accessing the Junon region. This will feature more challenging combat.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Shake
Reactions: Gamernyc78