|UP| Pentiment is 120FPS on PS5, |UP| Also 120FPS on Series X!

PlacidusaX

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Oct 2022
The HDMI port does.
Funny thing is the dev who makes Grand Tourismo talked about 240 fps.

This is what I was referring to.

"I think, display resolution-wise, 4K resolution is enough," Yamauchi told GTPlanet in a recent interview. "In terms of frames per second, rather than staying at 60 fps, I’m more interested in raising it to 120 fps or even 240 fps. I think that’s what’s going to be changing the experience from here on forward."

Not saying we are getting it but it's what some rather have than 8K and it's part of the HDMI 2.1 spec.

• Informative
Reactions: anonpuffs

Turniplord

Content Creator
24 Feb 2024
So the game is duplicating frames? Because to make the TV run in 120Hz it needs to show 120 frames even if some are duplicated.

VRR is what makes the Hz variate… if it using VRR then the TV is not refreshing at 120Hz.
Joined to post the new video that confirms my findings (I'm the guy from Reddit), but someone beat me to it whilst I was waiting for sign-up approval on here!

To answer your question though, the game doesn't use VRR - even with it forced off, the 120hz mode kicks in and the game runs at 120fps (now further confirmed by the guy on YouTube).

If it was running as 60fps in 120hz, the slowed down footage would be the same in both instances, but 120hz was 1:1 frames and 60hz was 2:1. Regardless, the new video now confirms my findings but in better quality :)

I wonder if Xbox will stand the devs update the game on Xbox now? Over there it's locked to 60, even if they force 120hz mode on.

Turniplord

Content Creator
24 Feb 2024
The first reply says its 60fps running in 120hz.
And that reply was wrong... They don't have the game so their comment means nothing. It's been proven by multiple other places now that I was correct, it's running at 120fps

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Joined to post the new video that confirms my findings (I'm the guy from Reddit), but someone beat me to it whilst I was waiting for sign-up approval on here!

To answer your question though, the game doesn't use VRR - even with it forced off, the 120hz mode kicks in and the game runs at 120fps (now further confirmed by the guy on YouTube).

If it was running as 60fps in 120hz, the slowed down footage would be the same in both instances, but 120hz was 1:1 frames and 60hz was 2:1. Regardless, the new video now confirms my findings but in better quality :)

I wonder if Xbox will stand the devs update the game on Xbox now? Over there it's locked to 60, even if they force 120hz mode on.
Good find dude. Glad you were able to prove the naysayers wrong.

Although the game doesn't get anything from going from 60fps to 120 due to it being so ... basic looking, it's still funny af

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

Thanks.

I guess so why running just over 60fps without VRR with the screen at 120hz should give a lot of issues.

120fps in 120Hz is great.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I remember back in the PS3 days when the ps3 was getting late ports, sony had a policy that late ports needed extra content on it. I dont doubt the ps5 getting a 120fps patch before the xbox version was a holdover from that policy.