Update 1.03 released for Final Fantasy XVI, Adds Motion Blur Settings and 3 more controller layout options etc

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
The player follow updates are huge too, very annoying to control. Now they need to patch in fsr 2 and the game will be pretty much perfect
FSR2 would be brilliant, specifically 2.2+

*edit*

just tried the update, the reduction of motion blur actually makes framerate mode sooo much more bearable holy shit.

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I put motion blur at zero and everything is so clear 🤩

I'm also trying the controls "type F" so I can dodge with O instead of R1.

Reactions: Vertigo

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Any frame rate improvement turning off motion blur

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Any frame rate improvement turning off motion blur
Could just be a placebo but I do feel the game is smoother with motion blur off. Either way this is a much needed update and should've been there day 1

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Good news.

Worst use of motion blur I’ve ever experienced in a game. The game looked smeared with Vaseline at 30fps with that absolutely dogshit blur they used.

Can’t wait to put to … ZERO!

🥳

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Wow!

Okay, so I absolutely hated graphics mode here. Thought it was worse than the erratic performance mode due to the heavy and absolutely terrible motion blur used.

Well, now I can actually see in 30fps with it disabled completely. Great change. A bit late for me personally but I can enjoy the final chapter of the game without it looking like shit. And yeah I kinda think this game looks terrible outside of still screens. This helps

Please stop listening to digital foundry. Motion is fucking stupid and terrible in almost every use.

Reactions: JAHGamer

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Wow!

Okay, so I absolutely hated graphics mode here. Thought it was worse than the erratic performance mode due to the heavy and absolutely terrible motion blur used.

Well, now I can actually see in 30fps with it disabled completely. Great change. A bit late for me personally but I can enjoy the final chapter of the game without it looking like shit. And yeah I kinda think this game looks terrible outside of still screens. This helps

Please stop listening to digital foundry. Motion is fucking stupid and terrible in almost every use.
anyone is still listening them? wow..

they are garbage for years..

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
anyone is still listening them? wow..

they are garbage for years..

I’m beginning to think devs take them quite seriously and thus being why we get such heavy use of motion blur that’s detriment to the actual gameplay experience. Pixel counters of still images … fuck outta here 🤣

Really happy with this fix. Now they just need to fix the game’s darkness and hdr settings; it becomes bothersome again in later portions when a dark cloud covers the map and darkens everything in the game world. Makes the game look ugly.

The tv magic I need to do get image brightness up for ff16 is a pain. Has ruined every other game’s image 🤣

Relaxedsun

27 May 2023
I turned my ps5 on last night and saw the update. Looked in Options and say the MB had a 0 to 5 with it default at 5! Needless to say, I put it on Zero and the game looks so much better!