[Update: MS says 25mil still the official number] Xbox Game Pass Reportedly Has Over 30 Million Subscriber

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
The reach of Xbox Game Pass is stronger than ever. According to Xbox’s senior director of global brand and integrated marketing Craig McNary, Xbox Game Pass has over 30 million members. The information comes via McNary’s own LinkedIn profile.

“Launched and grew Xbox Game Pass, the world’s #1 gaming subscription service, to over 30M members through measured full funnel campaigns, GTM planning, SKU expansion to PC, iOS, and Android, and partnerships with Alienware, EA Play, Spotify, and Disney+ to drive off console growth and deliver over 1B in customer lifetime value,” he says in his job description.

image.png

As far as the numbers are concerned, it’s unclear if — but unlikely — those include members who were Xbox Live Gold members that were switched to Xbox Game Pass Core subscribers this month.

• haha
  • thinking_hard
Reactions: Umar and laynelane

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Celebrating fake, unofficial numbers as usual. I doubt it's true (he deleted it) but even if it's the actual number it's low as fuck after adding 40 countries + PC/mobile.

Remember when they were partying about 30 millions when the 2K CEO ask Phil the number? That was what, 2 years ago? They were so sure about it then it was confirmed to be 25 millions months later 🤡

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
There is no official numbers yet but it should be the minimum expected after Starfield launch that had the sole goal to drive increase in Gamepass subscription.

If subscriptions didn’t increased with Starfield then some serious changes will happen internally at Xbox team because it is not possible to any high exec accept these things without go mad.

D

Deleted member 223

#1 Gaming sub service is PlayStation Plus, not Gamepass, at 47 million.

This is a CV lol... I never understand the folks digging through people's CV's to make news. People lie on CV's, and the above is just one of many examples.

Marketing guy too.... sweet little lies and aggrandizing is literally the job description.

At worst, the thread begs the Rumour tag.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The reach of Xbox Game Pass is stronger than ever. According to Xbox’s senior director of global brand and integrated marketing Craig McNary, Xbox Game Pass has over 30 million members. The information comes via McNary’s own LinkedIn profile.

image.png

As far as the numbers are concerned, it’s unclear if — but unlikely — those include members who were Xbox Live Gold members that were switched to Xbox Game Pass Core subscribers this month.
At least the part where he says " Xbox Game Pass, the world’s #1 gaming subscription service" is a lie. It isn't #1 by any metric.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
30 million is so bad they retroactively downgraded themselves to 25 million so they can continue to play vague with the numbers. My question is why do they care if we know these numbers? Are they lying to third parties what the real numbers are and being vague with them as well?

Evilms

Graph Master
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
30 million is so bad they retroactively downgraded themselves to 25 million so they can continue to play vague with the numbers. My question is why do they care if we know these numbers? Are they lying to third parties what the real numbers are and being vague with them as well?
For the past 10 years, Microsoft has been a blur when it comes to talking about real sales figures, whether for games, consoles or subscriptions.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
With how so many subscribers used tricks and loopholes in desperate promos to subscribe, 30 million subs means nearly $300 in revenue!
I don't even think it's that whole loophole. Some of those cross promotions, like a trial of GP with my Oreo cookies, it looks like I could pay my welfare sub and game for *free, as part of my weekly food shop, if I lived in USA