Update |Rumor| Shapshel_Nick: Final Fantasy 16 is coming to Xbox Series X|S. Xbox says FF7 Intergrade & 16 on Xbox up to SE.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
So you believe any rumor and just post as confirmation? That doesn’t make any sense. That’s will make forum fill with made up bullshit from shills instead of facts.

You seem to be also ignoring then super duper great insider sheeplenick in the tweet video that was posted. He claims that he keeps being told Sony does not want to let FF7 go. Which would match up with the assumed exclusive contract Sony has with the game.
He's known for making really bitter and butthurt statements like that and blaming PlayStation for things they didn't do. He did that all during the ABK trial.

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
He's known for making really bitter and butthurt statements like that and blaming PlayStation for things they didn't do. He did that all during the ABK trial.

I added the exclusive contract part myself based off what MS told the FTC.

He just said Sony doesn’t want to let FF7 go.

In this video starting at 1:39:33

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Dude is the head honcho from xboxera. They lie all the time. I remember at the beginning of this generation he said on his podcast that Microsoft was going to get all the Star Wars games exclusive, since Sony has Marvel. Howd that work out?

I mean it’s probably true at some point that ff 16 would go to Xbox but at the same time, isn’t it weird how Xbox continually gets all this horrible news and yet somehow these Xbox guys have All this great news for Xbox?

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
I don't see Sony letting it go that easily, especially to Xbox. The SIE credits in the game are huge. 6 month-timed exclusive was probably for PC, just like VII. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong but it just seems so odd.

Who knows what deals SIE management made though, they've been complacent since House left.
Yeah that's I thought. I can see it coming it coming to Xbox after maybe 12 - 18 months.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Dude is the head honcho from xboxera. They lie all the time. I remember at the beginning of this generation he said on his podcast that Microsoft was going to get all the Star Wars games exclusive, since Sony has Marvel. Howd that work out?

I mean it’s probably true at some point that ff 16 would go to Xbox but at the same time, isn’t it weird how Xbox continually gets all this horrible news and yet somehow these Xbox guys have All this great news for Xbox?
Of course they lie Thyve been doing tht for over a decade. The words of Jez or Schnap or whatever imo aren't the concern or to be believed as I mentioned it is another rumor to be put on the pile. What common sense will dictate is tht eventually it will or might come just bcus it was intentionally put as a 6 month exclusive which SE mentioned and FF14 just came over to Xbox. Nothing more, nothing less.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
It feels like they're throwing all of this out there to distract from the 3rd party discourse around Xbox.

I'll say this, the Xbox fanbase is nothing if not extremely organized. Despite being the least popular platform they have the largest and most organized group of people defending them and their interests and attacking their enemies across the media and community.

PlayStation, despite being far more popular, only has isolated, disorganized pockets of hardcore fans debunking narratives about them.

FWIW, Jez has even tweeted that it's his "job" to defend Xbox from FUD. PlayStation doesn't have people like that.

Last edited:

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
It feels like they're throwing all of this out there to distract from the 3rd party discourse around Xbox.

I'll say this, the Xbox fanbase is nothing if not extremely organized. Despite being the least popular platform they have the largest and most organized group of people defending them and their interests and attacking their enemies across the media and community.

PlayStation, despite being far more popular, only has isolated, disorganized pockets of hardcore fans debunking narratives about them.

FWIW, Jez has even tweeted that it's his "job" to defend Xbox from FUD. PlayStation doesn't have people like that.
They’re organized because they’re all paid shills and empty-headed fanboys who signal boost the shills.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Of course, it definitely is strategic.

Kx11

Banned
7 Jan 2024
Katar
flickr.com
Should be interesting to it running on DX12 compared to whatever ps5 API is, the game had frame drops last time i played it (July 1st ? )

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Should be interesting to it running on DX12 compared to whatever ps5 API is, the game had frame drops last time i played it (July 1st ? )
Sony apis have been shown to be on par or generally be better than dx12 implementation so be careful what you ask for. I doubt those perf issues were down to the apis used but I do look forward to seeing performance diff if true.

Kx11

Banned
7 Jan 2024
Katar
flickr.com
Sony apis have been shown to be on par or generally be better than dx12 implementation so be careful what you ask for. I doubt those perf issues were down to the apis used but I do look forward to seeing performance diff if true.

We don't know what Sony API limitations are or if it's harder to work on compared to DX12, some games did perform better on XSX compared to PS5

SSD helps a lot with open worlds, not sure why FF16 was dropping frames crazy when i arrive at Kanvir and Rosalith, probably Luminous engine shitting the bed again

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
We don't know what Sony API limitations are or if it's harder to work on compared to DX12, some games did perform better on XSX compared to PS5

SSD helps a lot with open worlds, not sure why FF16 was dropping frames crazy when i arrive at Kanvir and Rosalith, probably Luminous engine shitting the bed again
Xsx is suppose to its more powerful the fact tht so many are on par and Sony is winning faceoffs or going blow to blow says alot about PS5 engineering which includes many things including the use of more efficient apis.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023

FF16 uses the same engine as ff14, not Luminous.

• Shake
Reactions: Kx11

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Xsx is suppose to its more powerful the fact tht so many are on par and Sony is winning faceoffs or going blow to blow says alot about PS5 engineering which includes many things including the use of more efficient apis.
Part of the issue is also that Xbox runs on a customized build of Windows, and even with a lot of stuff the console doesn’t need being removed from the OS, it is still a sloppy, inefficient OS. Windows spends 30% of its time basically putting its hand down its pants to make sure it’s dick hasn’t disappeared.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Part of the issue is also that Xbox runs on a customized build of Windows, and even with a lot of stuff the console doesn’t need being removed from the OS, it is still a sloppy, inefficient OS. Windows spends 30% of its time basically putting its hand down its pants to make sure it’s dick hasn’t disappeared.
Well there's alot of excuses out there. The other being devs have to take Series S into account. The list goes on..

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I mean FF 16 has done its job for Sony and even overstayed itx exclusive timeline. By the time this supposedly reaches Xbox, they'll be too busy fuming and begging for FF7 Rebirth which looks to be an even better game.

This port also wouldn't be available till after April I assume. At this point no one cares. Sony should just throw it in PS+ to take the wind out of that announcement whenever it happens.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I mean FF 16 has done its job for Sony and even overstayed itx exclusive timeline. By the time this supposedly reaches Xbox, they'll be too busy fuming and begging for FF7 Rebirth which looks to be an even better game.

This port also wouldn't be available till after April I assume. At this point no one cares. Sony should just throw it in PS+ to take the wind out of that announcement whenever it happens.
That needs to be their strategy with timed exclusives. By the time one of them comes over to other platforms, they should already have the next one lined up.

Last edited:

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I know I’m not the first person to say this, but isn’t it strange of these guys get all these rumors of games from PlayStation going to Xbox, but they never heard a rumor or said anything about Xbox going third party?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs

Kx11

Banned
7 Jan 2024
Katar
flickr.com

GPU only and it shows up in Alan Wake 2 as it runs smoother on XSX even at 4k30fps mode than PS5 but games like RDR2 and FF16 would benefit from the I\O bandwidth on PS5 also the Overclocked L1 cache.