Updated sld 22 mil in 2023.Hogwarts Legacy wins | UK Boxed Charts. EA’s football game isn’t the UK’s biggest boxed game for the first time in 10 years

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1704254826729.png

Hogwarts Legacy ends 2023 as the UK’s biggest physical video game.

It means EA Sports FC 24 was unable to catch Warner Bros' Harry Potter spin-off. Hogwarts Legacy launched in February on PS5, PC and Xbox Series S and X, while EA’s football title landed in September.

It is the first time in a decade that EA’s football game, previously operating under the FIFA licence, isn’t the UK’s top boxed game. The last time this happened was in 2013 when Grand Theft Auto 5 took the top spot.

This is the first year EA's football game has operated under its own branding, and not the FIFA IP, in 30 years. This is after Electronic Arts and the footballing body failed to agree new terms. Although EA Sports FC 24's sales are down over more recent FIFA titles, it remains a huge title and when digital data comes in later this week, it's expected to still be No.1 overall.

Also

Hogwarts sold 22 million copies in 2023

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Entropi

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Despite the clear effort and care put into every aspect of the game by the developers, it's a shame that this was snubbed by every award outlet.

Reactions: ToTTenTranz

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Oh yeah that small game DF "quietly" refused to cover for over a month while they normally cover these big games pre-release.
It's an extremely technically interesting game. First use of dlss3 on pc too and they waited over a month.
In the end ollie covered the game because John made up some shit on twitter about "ugabuga I hate FICKING harry potter and OPEN WORLD GAMES, I don't cover these games"... what a load of bs. If he is so woke friendly, he should just say so and not make stuff up.

Reactions: Shmunter

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I saw this platform breakdown on nintendolife.

PS5 39%, PS4 25%, Switch 22%, Xbox 9%

Note that this is just for the week and not the whole year. But yeah it makes sense, Switch more physical heavy and always does super well during the holidays.

We'll get the breakdown for the year in the UK next week or the week after with digital included(excluding Nintendo and a few other publishers).

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Oh yeah that small game DF "quietly" refused to cover for over a month while they normally cover these big games pre-release.
It's an extremely technically interesting game. First use of dlss3 on pc too and they waited over a month.
In the end ollie covered the game because John made up some shit on twitter about "ugabuga I hate FICKING harry potter and OPEN WORLD GAMES, I don't cover these games"... what a load of bs. If he is so woke friendly, he should just say so and not make stuff up.
The receipts in the GAF thread about the situation were hilarious. John has covered a lot of open-world games and even picked one as his GOTY not too many years ago, IIRC.

Everyone at Digital Fuckery is a total piece of shit.

Reactions: rofif
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The receipts in the GAF thread about the situation were hilarious. John has covered a lot of open-world games and even picked one as his GOTY not too many years ago, IIRC.

Everyone at Digital Fuckery is a total piece of shit.
I remember saying that would get you banned on GAF lol come to find out some of the mods were on Microsoft payroll and thus we're there to also defend DF who would find the craziest excuses to say the Xbox version during Xbox one days was on par with PS4 version "well if you have more friends on Xbox tht a better version" type nonsense 😂😂😂

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
I remember saying that would get you banned on GAF lol come to find out some of the mods were on Microsoft payroll and thus we're there to also defend DF who would find the craziest excuses to say the Xbox version during Xbox one days was on par with PS4 version "well if you have more friends on Xbox tht a better version" type nonsense 😂😂😂
The other highlight of DF bullshit was saying an Xbox One version of a game that had a 30% lower resolution looked just as good as the PS 4 version after spending a generation telling people that that kind of difference made a PS3 version inferior to the 360 build.

And then there’s their totally ignoring screen tearing on Xbox games, which has always been a huge problem but is ignored completely because that’s the only way Xbox console can maintain frame rates.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Never forget this coward
xFjBlOI.png

Reactions: Gamernyc78